Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-18-2023, 07:31 AM   #1
legendary70

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Claims...

Hello all.

Has anyone here had any insurance claims filed lately? If so, how much did you insurance go up?

I ask because my wife got into an accident. Front bumper needs to be replaced, hood needs to be straightened out, left fender needs the same. I know some will say it is not worth it and to just get it fixed on my own.

I would still like to know how much my monthly rate might increase if I file a claim.

Thank you.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:37 AM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
If you have a great history with the company, great credit, no prior claims or moving violation "convictions", but if she was at fault...
Probably won't see it until your next renewal. Though these days they need little to no excuse to drop you like a hot rock if they want to.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:18 AM   #3
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Friend of a friend's went up 200 a month. No clue on info that WhiteMale suggest to

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 08:50 AM   #4
FRANK121

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Hell, I have zero accident and zero tickets and my State Farm keeps going up? I have been with them for over 30 years and about to switch everything.
My agent claims it is a National problem? Disasters, cost of living etc etc.
I call BS
Never been Dynoed
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 09:12 AM   #5
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANK121 View Post
Hell, I have zero accident and zero tickets and my State Farm keeps going up? I have been with them for over 30 years and about to switch everything.
I call BS
I don't... Natural disasters are occurring more frequently and every one of them ends up effecting our premiums at some point. I have never found an insurance company that doesn't raise your rates to some extent every year. Even if it's just a couple bucks. I'm sure you can find better rates though. After you are onboard with your new company, I'm sure your rates will start to increase as usual though.

To the OP… I had a claim on my Harley a while back. Shipping company damaged my bike in transit. It wasn’t my fault, premiums never went up.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 09:23 AM   #6
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary70 View Post
Hello all.

Has anyone here had any insurance claims filed lately? If so, how much did you insurance go up?

I ask because my wife got into an accident. Front bumper needs to be replaced, hood needs to be straightened out, left fender needs the same. I know some will say it is not worth it and to just get it fixed on my own.

I would still like to know how much my monthly rate might increase if I file a claim.

Thank you.
Dunno about claims, as I've haven't filed one in god knows how long, but just don't move from where you live.

I moved 30 miles and they jacked my rate up $170/month.

Told them to take a hike and switched to AAA where I get a better deal at the same rate as before I moved.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 09:33 AM   #7
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Dunno about claims, as I've haven't filed one in god knows how long, but just don't move from where you live.

I moved 30 miles and they jacked my rate up $170/month.

Told them to take a hike and switched to AAA where I get a better deal at the same rate as before I moved.
I've heard (don't quote me) that you should shop insurance companies about ever 3 years.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:51 AM   #8
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
I call BS
Same but I'm with Allstate. Mine went up 20% since last year. Was told it's because of used car prices and how that relates to repairs and replacements. Would consider switching but I believe that might work short term until it's right back up to where you were. Not sure savings would be worth the hassle of constantly shopping and switching.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:20 AM   #9
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Same but I'm with Allstate. Mine went up 20% since last year. Was told it's because of used car prices and how that relates to repairs and replacements. Would consider switching but I believe that might work short term until it's right back up to where you were. Not sure savings would be worth the hassle of constantly shopping and switching.
Mine went up close to 800 for the year. No accidents, tickets or claims. First insurance company I called quoted me my old rate with slightly more coverage. It won’t take that long for you to shop around. These companies want your business and will give you a good rate to go with them.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:43 AM   #10
norf

Drives: 2023 2LT RS
New car prices are up, used car prices are up, part prices are up and labor to fix damaged cars is up.

Why wouldn't insurance premiums rise as well?
norf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:46 AM   #11
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
I call BS
Same here.They just keep raising the damn rates!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 12:15 PM   #12
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by norf View Post
New car prices are up, used car prices are up, part prices are up and labor to fix damaged cars is up.

Why wouldn't insurance premiums rise as well?
I think the issue is how much they are raising our rates aka corporate greed. There’s no way the amount mine was getting raised was the amount it took for them to offset inflation. They are greedy and are banking on people being too lazy to switch.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 12:37 PM   #13
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I think the issue is how much they are raising our rates aka corporate greed. There’s no way the amount mine was getting raised was the amount it took for them to offset inflation. They are greedy and are banking on people being too lazy to switch.
I don't think it's just inflation. Look at all the flooding down south, tornados, etc... There are thousands and thousands of cars that are totaled. I'm not saying they don't exploit things (I'm sure they do) Just saying, it's not just inflation that is causing rates to go up.

My rates have only gone up a couple bucks... AllState, shop around it's worth it.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:02 PM   #14
andy3213

Drives: 2019 1SS
My kid backed into a moving car in a parking lot and our insurance went up $164 for 6 month policy. It'll probably be there for about 3 years.

The damage to the other car didn't look that bad but it ended up being $8000. There was no damage at all to my kid's Frontier. Don't underestimate the cost of the repair, it'll be a lot more than you think.
andy3213 is offline   Reply With Quote