Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
******** enclosure correct size?

I just left an audio shop because I feel like My sub is not as clear and tight as it should be so I was going to let a pro tune my bass amp. He told me it was tuned well but that my problem is that I needed more airspace for my sub and that the ******** box was too small. By no means is this a bash on ******** I've had this box for two years and love how small it is and its amazing quality , but in short... Would going to a bigger box solve my sound quality issue or is the installer wrong?.

Some info:
Amp-pr600x1 Memphis (600 watt rms)
Sub-12' t0 Rockford fosgate (700 watt rms)
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
coryrulez9

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
I just left an audio shop because I feel like My sub is not as clear and tight as it should be so I was going to let a pro tune my bass amp. He told me it was tuned well but that my problem is that I needed more airspace for my sub and that the ******** box was too small. By no means is this a bash on ******** I've had this box for two years and love how small it is and its amazing quality , but in short... Would going to a bigger box solve my sound quality issue or is the installer wrong?.

Some info:
Amp-pr600x1 Memphis (600 watt rms)
Sub-12' t0 Rockford fosgate (700 watt rms)
Well the size of a box depends on the subs specs. In your case for a sealed enclosure, that sub recommends 1.25 cu inches. 1.75 for ported.

If you have the regular stealth box, its 1.2 cu inches. .05 is close enough imo.
coryrulez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
You can also "trick" the woofer to think it is in a bigger enclosure by filling the box with polyfill material. This should make the sub play lower and tighten up the bass response.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Thanks for the responses I appreciate the help. When you say will make the bass play "lower" what exactly do you mean. I feel like my system plays the low notes (such as rap or hip hop) very well but when listening to country or rock most of the time my bass is nonexistent except for during certain parts of the song. The best way I can think to describe it is the bass feels disconnected from the rest of the system. I know a 10 would be better for the higher bass notes but I feel like I should at least be getting something from the 12
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote