Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
JasonsEpicLife

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
2014 2LS Remote Start Fail....

So I have been trying to get remote start in my camaro since day one, well since August of this year. Bought the kit from eBay that was needed took the car to the dealer last Monday only to find out that GM discontinued the kit. Therefore not releasing the code needed for the install. I called GM customer service was given the run around blah blah blah they gave me a case number and said we will call you. Got a call from GM executive office only to hear the key fob for remote start was part of the recall so GM at this time is not installing remote starts on camaros...I said now that's stupid and what about all the camaros with remote start? The response I got was pretty much they will recall them as needed. This isn't the end of remote start for me I'm sure I can have it installed but I wanted to keep it factory. However winter will soon get here and I'm sure there are gonna be some upset customer if they find out their remote start can no longer be serviced for a recall or like me can not be installed.
JasonsEpicLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
coryrulez9

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue Ray
That sucks, got mine installed in January no issues. Of course that was well before the key recall. You may be able to install it yourself. Check the DIY section.
coryrulez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
They key was recalled, not the remote fob. They remove the key and give you the same fob back for this recall. So their explanation makes no sence. Unless they're planning some sort of update to the current recall which includes a new fob.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Sounds like your dealership are Idiots find a new GM dealership and try again.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
cpomike13

I have a 2013 ss and the remote start is kind of spotty, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. A friend of mine has a 13' ZL1 and his is the same.
I know that's not recalled, but it should be, lol.

2013 SS owner in So. Cal.
cpomike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomike13 View Post
I have a 2013 ss and the remote start is kind of spotty, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. A friend of mine has a 13' ZL1 and his is the same.

Odd never an issue with my remote start on my 2010 Camaro she spent 4 years as a daily driver.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
JasonsEpicLife

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Sounds like your dealership are Idiots find a new GM dealership and try again.
I wish that was the case sadly it's GM that's not allowing it
JasonsEpicLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
coryrulez9

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsEpicLife View Post
I wish that was the case sadly it's GM that's not allowing it
Try a different dealership anyway? couldn't hurt.
coryrulez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomike13 View Post

Sometimes you have to press the Lock button two times on the remote before remote starting.
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
theresak

Drives: 1968 Camaro, 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsEpicLife View Post
So I have been trying to get remote start in my camaro since day one, well since August of this year. Bought the kit from eBay that was needed took the car to the dealer last Monday only to find out that GM discontinued the kit. Therefore not releasing the code needed for the install. I called GM customer service was given the run around blah blah blah they gave me a case number and said we will call you. Got a call from GM executive office only to hear the key fob for remote start was part of the recall so GM at this time is not installing remote starts on camaros...I said now that's stupid and what about all the camaros with remote start? The response I got was pretty much they will recall them as needed. This isn't the end of remote start for me I'm sure I can have it installed but I wanted to keep it factory. However winter will soon get here and I'm sure there are gonna be some upset customer if they find out their remote start can no longer be serviced for a recall or like me can not be installed.
Just talked to my dealer today to get remote start ordered and installed. They were also told by their parts supplier that it was discontinued and to check back in a few weeks or a month to check on it again. They didn't give them a reason either. Just had our first snow and was looking forward to getting the remote start installed before we really got in to winter Guess I will have to continue to do it the old fashioned way Come on GM - get with it so I don't have to go outside to start my car LOL
Old 11-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
The key was recalled, not the remote fob. They remove the key and give you the same fob back for this recall. So their explanation makes no sence. Unless they're planning some sort of update to the current recall which includes a new fob.
^^^ This ^^^
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:29 AM   #12
theresak

Drives: 1968 Camaro, 2015 Camaro
Anyone have any new info on this? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #13
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
Anyone?
seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote