Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #29
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
Everyone, here is an update on my 2013 2SS automatic:

I took it to the dealer yesterday and had the service manager witness the hesitation / bucking / jerking, at start-up. I told him it is worse with the first start-up of the day.
He searched GM's site and there are no bulletins out on this matter.
I will be dropping my car off when I approach 3k. I will bring it to them during the evening and then they will test it the following morning when it is cold.
I'll post again when I drop it off and get the results back.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #30
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
I got my car back from the dealer on Wednesday. I had them do a complete fuel system cleaning. Irrelevant but at the same time I put Full Synthetic in the rear diff and engine oil flush and filled back up with full synthetic. The car is completely smooth now. Idles and runs much smoother as well. Rolled over 25000 miles on the car yesterday.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #31
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
I got my car back from the dealer on Wednesday. I had them do a complete fuel system cleaning. Irrelevant but at the same time I put Full Synthetic in the rear diff and engine oil flush and filled back up with full synthetic. The car is completely smooth now. Idles and runs much smoother as well. Rolled over 25000 miles on the car yesterday.
did they replace the fuel filter and everything when they did the cleaning? I could see a faulty fuel filter maybe being a culprit.....also you know what they used to clean it by chance?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #32
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
I honestly don't know what they changed. It was a 175 dollar comprehensive fuel system cleaning and it took a long time for them to finish. I would imagine thats part of the cleaning. There was some parts charges on top of labor but I didn't read what parts where changed. I ended up doing a major service while I was there for my 25k.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #33
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
I honestly don't know what they changed. It was a 175 dollar comprehensive fuel system cleaning and it took a long time for them to finish. I would imagine thats part of the cleaning. There was some parts charges on top of labor but I didn't read what parts where changed. I ended up doing a major service while I was there for my 25k.
well as long as we have a possible fix, not that mine is doing it now, but if it starts I know what to try first....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by njweatherman View Post
Everyone, here is an update on my 2013 2SS automatic:

I took it to the dealer yesterday and had the service manager witness the hesitation / bucking / jerking, at start-up. I told him it is worse with the first start-up of the day.
He searched GM's site and there are no bulletins out on this matter.
I will be dropping my car off when I approach 3k. I will bring it to them during the evening and then they will test it the following morning when it is cold.
I'll post again when I drop it off and get the results back.
Appreciate your update njweatherman,

By all means, let us know what happens after your service visit.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #35
civdiv99

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Auto in Silver Ice
Yep, me too.

Given the mild tune of these engines, it kind of surprises me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshamey View Post
Thats normal on my 2011 ss, been like that form day 1, till it warms up
civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #36
HarryNW
HarryNW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
OK, my hesitation/bucking issue is RESOLVED! Has never run better and that allowed me to even proceed with installing the VMAX Ported Throttle Body - amazing throttle response now.

Please see the update I made to the original post here to read about the solution (bottom line: "boxed" CAI's should include a recommendation to relocate the fluid reservoir!)

My bottom line: I should have read more about various brands of CAI and their recommended installation tips - even though C.A.I. does not specifically call out the relocation of the fluid reservoir, it should be highly recommended up front. There are some other posts here that recommend doing this, and even go so far as to say that adding this type of "boxed" CAI without relocating the reservoir is a step backwards. I can now wholeheartedly agree.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #37
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
@HarryNW - My CAI (K&N Typhoon) is not boxed.
Plus, my hesitation, bucking, jerking at start-up was present before the CAI install.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #38
ryzrs10

Drives: Victory Red 2012 2SS Auto
Might be a torque converter. Had mine fail at 3400 miles.
ryzrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote