Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-11-2016, 11:45 AM   #57
GP86

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstoronto View Post
Trying to go, but it would be late Friday, early Saturday.....

Does anyone know where the CHEVROLET display/lot is in Birmingham:
- Sat. Aug. 20th: 9:00 AM-9:00 PM, Chevrolet @ the Old Woodward, Downtown Birmingham.

I see that there is an "Old Woodward Ave.". Just trying to figure out exactly where this is.....(cross street, building, parking lot, etc).
It's going to be at the Birmingham triangle.

It's basically right where Old Woodward and Woodward Avenue meet, just a few hundred feet shy of Maple Road (You can refer to this road as 15 Mile road as well).

If this is your primary destination I would suggest coming from Southfield Road and finding a place to park on the West side of Woodward Avenue. Everywhere is bumper to bumper during the Woodward Dream Cruise, but this is a good approach if your destination is Birmingham. This is usually where I go during the cruise. I used to live there so I know the area pretty well. Here is a brief map from I-696 up Southfield Rd. to Hagopian World of Rugs. This is right where the Camaro event should be taking place.

If you arrive by taking Woodward Avenue North, you will need to follow a route similar to this. The traffic will be insane so I suggest going North of Maple Rd and taking the "Michigan Left turn around" to go South on Old Woodward Avenue. This will lead you directly into Birmingham. This route alone will take you at least an hour due to the cruise traffic.

Let me know if you have any other questions. See you there!

Name:  BHamTri.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  117.7 KB

Last edited by GP86; 08-11-2016 at 11:57 AM.
GP86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:48 AM   #58
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kseguin View Post
Has anyone that registered not received an email like me?

I registered the day it opened up. Registered in the Camaro only parking lot.

Want to make sure I am getting in before I make the trek to Lansing (4.5 hours!!!).

Thanks
Send them an e-mail at the address on your registration sheet. You should have gotten the confirmation e-mail by now.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:48 AM   #59
kseguin

Drives: 2017 2SS MRC NPP
Got an email yesterday after 5 PM.

Asked that I respond in 24 hours.

It is for the general parking, not the Camaro only that I registered in. Must be full, even though I registered on the day it became available.

At least I am in and should be able to do the factory tour. I plan on being there bright and early to register for the tour.

Hoping to have the new Camaro by then, but quickly running out of days. Dealer tells me it is made and shipped. The first road trip will be to take it back home!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #60
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
I need the forums help. I had booked a rental car in Detroit, a Camaro SS, and I HAVE a ticket for the Camaro Only parking for the factory event on the 18th. I called to confirm (I'm confirming everything, hotel, car, flights, etc.), and now my rental agency is telling me they cannot guarantee a Camaro (even though I called the direct in Detroit when I booked and said SPECIFICALLY that only a Camaro, to which they put notes down on the reservation to that effect)...

So, I have flights, I have hotels, what I don't have is a guaranteed Camaro. Mine is unable to make the trip so I decided to fly (having brake issues with the 67, so decided to rent instead of drive mine)

I can either:
1.) swap tickets with someone who wants Camaro only parking for general parking so I can take whatever rental they give me (which seems risky as it's first come first serve from my understanding)
2.) Ride with someone to the event who does NOT have a ticket, and has a Camaro, and we use my ticket to get into the Camaro only event parking.... (howdy stranger, can I catch a ride?)
3.) OR, simply Catch a ride with anyone headed that way (who already has a ticket) for myself and my nephew who will be coming with me...

If anyone can think of anything else, I'm all ears. I'm running out of time to cancel, or accept a car that is not a Camaro (which is fine), as long as I can still get into the Factory event, which is the only reason I am coming (I turn 50 this year, and am purchasing a 2017 this fall from Becky, and want to tour the plant, and do this whole thing for the first time in my life, and the nephew has never experienced anything like this... LOL)

Can the forum help?
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #61
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trublucamaro View Post
I need the forums help. I had booked a rental car in Detroit, a Camaro SS, and I HAVE a ticket for the Camaro Only parking for the factory event on the 18th. I called to confirm (I'm confirming everything, hotel, car, flights, etc.), and now my rental agency is telling me they cannot guarantee a Camaro (even though I called the direct in Detroit when I booked and said SPECIFICALLY that only a Camaro, to which they put notes down on the reservation to that effect)...

So, I have flights, I have hotels, what I don't have is a guaranteed Camaro. Mine is unable to make the trip so I decided to fly (having brake issues with the 67, so decided to rent instead of drive mine)

I can either:
1.) swap tickets with someone who wants Camaro only parking for general parking so I can take whatever rental they give me (which seems risky as it's first come first serve from my understanding)
2.) Ride with someone to the event who does NOT have a ticket, and has a Camaro, and we use my ticket to get into the Camaro only event parking.... (howdy stranger, can I catch a ride?)
3.) OR, simply Catch a ride with anyone headed that way (who already has a ticket) for myself and my nephew who will be coming with me...

If anyone can think of anything else, I'm all ears. I'm running out of time to cancel, or accept a car that is not a Camaro (which is fine), as long as I can still get into the Factory event, which is the only reason I am coming (I turn 50 this year, and am purchasing a 2017 this fall from Becky, and want to tour the plant, and do this whole thing for the first time in my life, and the nephew has never experienced anything like this... LOL)

Can the forum help?

Are you staying at the Host Hotel in Lansing?

...if so...I can give you a ride in!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #62
trublucamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

Are you staying at the Host Hotel in Lansing?

...if so...I can give you a ride in!

Becky
Replied to PM. Thank you so much Becky. You're the best, as this forum continually points out!
Old 08-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #63
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Replied to PM. Thank you so much Becky. You're the best, as this forum continually points out!

Perfect!
We'll meet Wednesday at my Meet 'N Greet...
Thursday morning - we will leave together.

Mission Accomplished!

Relax ...and Enjoy the Trip!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:39 PM   #64
skuter99

Drives: 2017 2SS Nightfall Grey
I have a camaro only parking pass available if anybody needs it for Thursday in Lansing. I cannot attend now.
Scott
skuter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:40 PM   #65
skuter99

Drives: 2017 2SS Nightfall Grey
I have a camaro only parking pass available for Thursday in Lansing at the plant. I cannot attend now.

Scott
skuter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #66
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuter99 View Post
I have a camaro only parking pass available for Thursday in Lansing at the plant. I cannot attend now.

Scott
Did you send back the confirmation? If so and you got the final then e-mail them back at the address so the next person in line can go.

These are not transferable.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:04 PM   #67
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
I completely understand, same thing happened with me. I was guaranteed a Camaro and did confirmation check a few weeks ago and was told that they do not guarantee a specific model which is the opposite of what they said when I booked the car. Not happy, but not much I can do about it. It is what it is.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:39 PM   #68
trublucamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I completely understand, same thing happened with me. I was guaranteed a Camaro and did confirmation check a few weeks ago and was told that they do not guarantee a specific model which is the opposite of what they said when I booked the car. Not happy, but not much I can do about it. It is what it is.
Pretty frustrating. I'd have even paid a small upcharge to 'guarentee' the car. They're missing out. If I get one, cool, if not, well, hopefully things workout getting a ride there and letting someone use my preferred parking pass.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:26 AM   #69
brihorse
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 68 C10 Stepside,87 Grand Natl
Anyone that is going to the Lansing event for the plant tour, here are a few recommendations. Breakfast - Golden Harvest, it is a breakfast only place open from 7am-2:30pm. You will leave impressed. If you want pizza, go to DeLuca's in Lansing or Cugino's in Grand Ledge. Lansing is the birthplace of Oldsmobile and they have a R.E. Olds museum in town. One of the best automotive museums in the nation is a little over an hour drive from Lansing in Hickory Corners, MI called The Gilmore Auto Museum.
brihorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:36 AM   #70
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
I'm so jealous of this entire thread! I wish I could of made this event.
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote