Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #1
BlakeH827

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Rear bushing help!

I'm trying to decide what all needs to be done with my rear suspension. I was out street racing tonight from a dig and that car did not feel good at all. Rear end was all over the road it felt like. Car is stock for now but it will mainly just have bolt ons. Stall,full exhaust, cam, 3.70 gears, CAI, maybe nitrous no more than 100-125 shot though. With that being said what all bushings, trailing arms or toe rods should be replaced? And will the cradle bushing lift the rear of the car?
BlakeH827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #2
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Hey brother, forum rules against talking about street racing.

Check out this large thread by Pedders with info on our cars' suspension. A ton of info out there!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90270
Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
I would suggest the following:

Rear cradle bushings (will not lift the car)
Differential bushings
LCA bushings
Rear trailing arms with bushings
Toe rods

That package will stop all the wiggle, keep and straight, kill wheel hop, and help you hook.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
BlakeH827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I would suggest the following:

Rear cradle bushings (will not lift the car)
Differential bushings
LCA bushings
Rear trailing arms with bushings
Toe rods

That package will stop all the wiggle, keep and straight, kill wheel hop, and help you hook.
Awesome! What brand of cradle bushing? I was looking at bmr?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Pedders....they are a little more but worth the extra money. Get the Pedders Street Z kit and get the front Radius Rod inserts as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=pedders

BMR and Energy are the same style of insert.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
if your plans are for more power probably the solid bushings from pfadt and dif bushings will make the most improvement. from there trailing arms and toe rods. make sure to get the outer bushing for the trailing arms as most manufacturers only include the inner one.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
make sure to get the outer bushing for the trailing arms as most manufacturers only include the inner one.
There is only one set of bushings on the Traling Arms where it connects up to the hub.

I think Pfadt is the only one that includes them automatically with their TAs. Most other Mfgs you'll have to buy them seperately.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeH827 View Post
Awesome! What brand of cradle bushing? I was looking at bmr?
BMR is a great option. Their solid Delrin rear cradle bushings would be ideal for your application but their Pro full poly urethane bushings would be a good option and cost less. You need more than inserts.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
The question should be are you doing this install your self? Pedders and bmr products work great together. All of what is said is true about the bushings needing to be replaced. But unless you have a good garage and buddy's at the ready. The solid cradle bushings won't be easy at all. You will need a press and time. This is the reason I whent with the cradle inserts but the rest are complete replacement. The diff bushings were tough also but worth the time. Make sher you buy the tool to take out old bushings.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
BlakeH827

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
The question should be are you doing this install your self? Pedders and bmr products work great together. All of what is said is true about the bushings needing to be replaced. But unless you have a good garage and buddy's at the ready. The solid cradle bushings won't be easy at all. You will need a press and time. This is the reason I whent with the cradle inserts but the rest are complete replacement. The diff bushings were tough also but worth the time. Make sher you buy the tool to take out old bushings.
I was looking at pedders cradle inserts with either bmr or pedders differential bushings. And trailing and toe arms I think that should hold it pretty still
Old 01-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
caverman

Add to that a set of Trailing Arm bushings and once all of that is installed have yrou car aligned to either Pedders or Pfadt Aggressive Street specs.
Build Journal
Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Vinz68

Drives: 68,69,72&10 Camaro's 12 CTS-V
Had the same problem.... just installed Pfadt trailing arms,toe rods and bushings also a set of hendrix axels and a 4 wheel alignment, seems to fine now. I dont think the axels played a part but i had them so i put them in while everything was apart
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Right on Blake! That most of what I did. All my bushings are pedders but the hard ware is BMR. Toe rods ,trailing arms, I kinda went to the next step also the BMR subframe connectors and front strut brace and front and back sway bars. Do what you can when you can. Just have a buddy with you on install day. Good luck
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #14
BlakeH827

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Right on Blake! That most of what I did. All my bushings are pedders but the hard ware is BMR. Toe rods ,trailing arms, I kinda went to the next step also the BMR subframe connectors and front strut brace and front and back sway bars. Do what you can when you can. Just have a buddy with you on install day. Good luck
Yeah it will be on a lift and I think that will help with install but yeah I will probably do that setup. Sounds like a lot of people like pedders