Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #85
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
As a seller on eBay for over 10 years, you are wasting your time.....
Ya the ebay thing isn't going to work out. It's the PR that will make the difference.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #86
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruv3451 View Post
It won't hurt but in the end I'm sure they will side with the seller. It sucks but they probably will.
If this was 5 years ago maybe. eBay is awful to their sellers now. It's sad that you could sell something of great value on there, the seller could lie and say it arrived broken, they'd automatically take the money out from you and tell them to send the item back. Yes you could fight a case like that if you had the documentation, but who wants to deal with that?
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #87
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
As a seller on eBay for over 10 years, you are wasting your time.....
Really? Eight years ago I purchased a Ford 350 duelly out of Florida on Ebay. I was high bidder and seller didn't get close to what that truck was worth. He refused the sale. No deposit required but pickup and payment in 10 day. I showed up at the car lot ( 600 mile away ) on a bus. Took a taxi to the dealeship and looked at my truck. Saleman came out, I explained and they asked me to leave. I did, right out to a restaurant and called the police. Police were very very polite, looked at the ad and went in and spoke to the owner. He saw the light real quick and took the truck inside to their service bay. It was inside for a few minutes while the transaciton was done. I ask the officer to go with me to the service area and he did. I noticed the windshield was busted.. which it wasn't when I looked at it 1/2 hour earlier. I popped the hood and right there in front of me in the 444 cube International engine was some sand laying on top the engine. I pulled the oil cap and a big wad was stuck inside the engine. I asked the officer if he knew a tow company and he made a call. Officer knew what was going on. The dealer had sabotaged my truck. Couldn't get what he wanted so he tried to screw me up. Didn't work. I had a rollback take it to a Ford dealership. 2 hours later my engine was flushed of all the sand the idiot had put in it and it was fine. Truck had 12k mile on it. I even drove it back to the seller and thanked him again. He was furious.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #88
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
I thought that Ebay auto is not the final sale and the dealer can refuse the price.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #89
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Goodness, what a lot of bluster over what looks to be a mistake.

And to make matters worse, most folks are thinkin', the heck with 'em, let's take them for a ride and waste their time, and I would think each individual's time pursuing, somethng, that inthe end, won't ever get off the ground.

Lighten up, I am sure each and every one of us has messed up something unintentionally, at one time or another. Then had to put our tail between our legs and do what we could to correct te issue, (even though we didn't want to.).

My suggestion would be to let it go, quit wasting time and find one that you can afford and fits what you want. Heck, even though it is a Camaro, it is only a car.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #90
Gruv3451

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
Was it an error of 7,000? If so, good on you. I've done the same, I've gone so far as to completely refund the money and let them keep it for free. But it's usually no more than 20-30 bucks.

No it wasn't which is why I placed emphasis on "not that much". I however am not selling cars and don't have gross sales of 40k or more per month.

Looks like they are new to Ebay and yes they obviously fat fingered the price while listing. But they need to work with the buyer.

For all we know they listed the car for what they "bought" it for. None of us really KNOW what they paid. It's not out of the realm for a used car to bring in 4-7k in profit. It's more lucrative than selling new from what I've ready over the years.
Gruv3451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #91
Gruv3451

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Goodness, what a lot of bluster over what looks to be a mistake.

And to make matters worse, most folks are thinkin', the heck with 'em, let's take them for a ride and waste their time, and I would think each individual's time pursuing, somethng, that inthe end, won't ever get off the ground.

Lighten up, I am sure each and every one of us has messed up something unintentionally, at one time or another. Then had to put our tail between our legs and do what we could to correct te issue, (even though we didn't want to.).

My suggestion would be to let it go, quit wasting time and find one that you can afford and fits what you want. Heck, even though it is a Camaro, it is only a car.

What is it exactly that the buyer needs to correct? He saw a good deal and bought the car. If anyone needs to correct anything it's the seller.

I agree with most of what your saying and understand your point of view but on the other hand........one would have to try. I certainly wouldn't give up without somewhat of a fight.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #92
Hall of Fame

Well if any of you ever put a " make offer " sale on ebay say on a 30,000 dollar car and someone make the offer of 3,000.00 to try and buy it with all the same zeros and you accept.... well who is going to blame YOU for not looking carefully what you done. Seller listed the car, a buyer purchased the car and the car is sold IF the buyer follows thru within a week to buy it. Dealer is only hoping and praying they don't hear from him or an attorney until then. The seller is bound to the sell for one week per the agreement. Only thing that can change that is if the Buyer responds they are not buying the car. Personally since the dealer wont do what they advertised, I would get ahold of a TV station in the area, and see if they would run the story or put it on Facebook, twitter etc and go viral. That dealer is about to become famous.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #93
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
I'm sympathetic with you but you have to know that was a listing mistake. A 2012 1SS with 9k miles doesn't go for that price (I sold my 2010 1LT for more than that).

They probably bought it for 26-27k. If you really want the car, negotiate a realistic price with them. Otherwise, just keep looking. They are not going to sell you the car at a 6K+ loss to make you happy regardless of the internet PR you might provide. If you don't want to let up, contact and attorney and seek professional opinion on the matter. People telling you to fly over there, call the police and basically "knock the door" off the dealership don't have a clue.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #94
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS785 View Post
I'm sympathetic with you but you have to know that was a listing mistake. A 2012 1SS with 9k miles doesn't go for that price (I sold my 2010 1LT for more than that).

They probably bought it for 26-27k. If you really want the car, negotiate a realistic price with them. Otherwise, just keep looking. They are not going to sell you the car at a 6K+ loss to make you happy regardless of the internet PR you might provide. If you don't want to let up, contact and attorney and seek professional opinion on the matter. People telling you to fly over there, call the police and basically "knock the door" off the dealership don't have a clue.

Your the guy who doesn' have the clue. Agreements are binding. Period. Courts don't care what the dealership had in the car. They look at facts. Fact is what it was listed for and purchased for. IF the buyer would make one remark about negotiation the whole transaction could be nullified. Geesh.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #95
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruv3451 View Post
I'm a powerseller on Ebay and have been selling for 14 years now. I've made mistakes (although not quite this big) with listings and I've stood by my price and taken care of the customer. They may have "made" the mistake, but it could be huge lesson learned for their company. To simply say "our bad" is totally unnacceptable in my book. How about doing the right thing......just saying.
Maybe they won't be able to give it to him for $20K but they can deff. try to offer it at another low cost. It was their mistake so they should try to work something out for the buyer and not just say "Sorry it was a mistake"
Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #96
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Edit: Agree with PLuche ^^^

Would like it if the seller was an individual and an active member of this forum. Would guess that the conversation would lean a different direction.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #97
Gruv3451

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLuche View Post
Maybe they won't be able to give it to him for $20K but they can deff. try to offer it at another low cost. It was their mistake so they should try to work something out for the buyer and not just say "Sorry it was a mistake"

Old 04-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #98
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLuche View Post

That is a very sensible answer for the courts to decide. Basically the whole fiasco is based on Specific Performance of the agreement. I am not going into detail but it can be looked up online. Good luck on the purchase I am outta here.