Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-29-2021, 07:29 AM   #1
SilverSurfer18

Drives: 2021 1SS Camaro
2021 SS Blinkers randomly turning on

The past few days when I park at work it is still dark outside and i noticed my blinkers are on while i am parked and the car is idling. There is no indication on the instrument cluster that they are on but it lights up the wall in front of my car so i know they are on. Yesterday a co-worker told me my right blinker was on and today while in the car i noticed my left blinker was on. I turned the hazards on and back off and it seemed to have fixed it. Any body else have this issue or know why this would be happening? I checked the trunk for water since that seems to be a common issue and no sign of water being in there. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2021, 07:42 AM   #2
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Wrong blinker fluid...

But seriously, I honestly have no clue, I haven't heard of anyone having this problem. Hopefully someone can chime in and help you out.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:35 AM   #3
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
That's what warranties are for!!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:04 AM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Did u install aftermarket LED lights anywhere in the car?
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #5
SilverSurfer18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
That's what warranties are for!!
Been through something similar with this car and if they cannot recreate the problem they will do nothing at all about it. It is hit or miss when it does it
Old 10-29-2021, 09:40 AM   #6
SilverSurfer18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Did u install aftermarket LED lights anywhere in the car?
Nope, only appearance mods are wheels.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:52 AM   #7
SilverSurfer18

Tire Fill Alert (If Equipped)
This feature provides visual and audible
alerts outside the vehicle to help when
inflating an underinflated tire to the
recommended cold tire pressure.
When the low tire pressure warning light
comes on:
1. Park the vehicle in a safe, level place.
2. Set the parking brake firmly.
3. Place the vehicle in P (Park).
4. Add air to the tire that is underinflated.
The turn signal lamp will flash.
5. When the recommended pressure is
reached, the horn sounds once and the
turn signal lamp will stop flashing and
briefly turn solid.

So turns out this is a newer feature that tells you from outside the car that your tires are low... This is from the 2021 owner manual LOL got cold and my tires are sitting at 29 lbs so i guess once i put air in them it will go away...
Old 10-29-2021, 09:52 AM   #8
ctrlz

2021, so doubt it's battery unless you are having other weird electrical issues.

Turn signals are probably turned on by the BCM. I'm not sure if the blinkers would keep working with the car off with the exception of hazard lights. I suspect not, but haven't verified that. So I doubt the steering column switch module is sending false signals to the BCM.

Since you are getting one side on at a time, I also doubt it's the hazard light switch, or false signal from that switch.

Time for google to see if this has shown up other GM vehicles.

EDIT: Just saw you beat my post. Reading the manual scores again! Who woulda thunk it?
Old 10-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #9
SilverSurfer18

Quote:
2021, so doubt it's battery unless you are having other weird electrical issues.

Turn signals are probably turned on by the BCM. I'm not sure if the blinkers would keep working with the car off with the exception of hazard lights. I suspect not, but haven't verified that. So I doubt the steering column switch module is sending false signals to the BCM.

Since you are getting one side on at a time, I also doubt it's the hazard light switch, or false signal from that switch.

Time for google to see if this has shown up other GM vehicles.
Just posted an update. Turns out its a tire fill alert (didnt even know that was a real thing). I can turn a wrench but all these new tech features sure make me feel stupid sometimes LOL
Old 10-29-2021, 10:04 AM   #10
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer18 View Post
Turns out its a tire fill alert (didnt even know that was a real thing). LOL
This sounds like a good feature once you know it's there.
So it will be helpful for 0.01% who buy the car, and confuse everyone else.

Did you get an OnStar email too? I got one of those once when my tire was punctured and leaked out overnight. I think my OnStar was technically expired at that point. But I think manufacturers have gone to extremes following the Ford/Firestone fiasco in the early 2000's.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:15 AM   #11
SilverSurfer18

Quote:
This sounds like a good feature once you know it's there.
So it will be helpful for 0.01% who buy the car, and confuse everyone else.

Did you get an OnStar email too? I got one of those once when my tire was punctured and leaked out overnight. I think my OnStar was technically expired at that point. But I think manufacturers have gone to extremes following the Ford/Firestone fiasco in the early 2000's.
YES i did yesterday morning. I believe mine is expired too, I have had it right at a year.

And honestly i thought the same. I dont carry my pressure gauge so i have had to put air in and run to look at the dash and go back and put more in, etc. lol nice to know now that i know!
Old 10-31-2021, 08:42 AM   #12
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Did your dash have the low pressure tire alert lit up? My 2017 does that to let me know I have a tire with low air pressure. For several months I have been dealing with one rear tire that keeps losing air but haven’t taken it into a tire store to get it checked/repaired.