Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #113
jacques

Drives: Summit White 2SS RS
In my view give them (the police) what they need to keep US safe. They do a very dangerous job day in and day out. They have my utmost respect and thanks.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #114
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
For all of you too stupid or ignorant to see what the big deal is....your stupid or ignorant! And for the police out there that think you should have a nice comfy car to drive.....YES! you should. And thank you for keeping my streets safe at night (and during the day). But please I am begging you....explain to me how a rational thinking person feels our tax dollars should go towards $6-7,000 in cosmetic upgrades that add no value other than bling factor?

Rant over!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #115
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
The thin blue 'whine'.
Thanks for the support... Of course, like everyone with your attitude, it'll change when you need us. Which you already do and just don't realize yet, but it'll come to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
This is was I drive for patrol work...I used to have a 1998 Camaro SS and man I wish our department would let us use the current Camaro. I would pick one up in a heartbeat.
Nice ride. A lot of guys like the Chargers, and we have several here. I believe all of ours have the hemis, but then they're all used for traffic enforcement or narcotics interdiction. I simply have an Impala, but I like it.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Old 10-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #116
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
A Really funny and uneducated statement..."What you may not take into consideration or be aware of is that there are Federal grant monies being issued to depts for Police vehicles and equipment." and then follow with "In either case....your tax dollars wouldnt pay a dime!"
Well just were the hell does Federal Grant Monies come from??? DUH, TAXES!!!!! Some people just don't understand the whole picture. Never will either. Scary to think some of them are actual police men and women.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #117
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
For all of you too stupid or ignorant to see what the big deal is....your stupid or ignorant! And for the police out there that think you should have a nice comfy car to drive.....YES! you should. And thank you for keeping my streets safe at night (and during the day). But please I am begging you....explain to me how a rational thinking person feels our tax dollars should go towards $6-7,000 in cosmetic upgrades that add no value other than bling factor?

Rant over!
Hey Shifty, we don't operate like that on these forums. Please refrain from calling others stupid or ignorant...thanks my friend
Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #118
ghazzi1397
Hail to the GENERAL

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
How do you know?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #119
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Hey Shifty, we don't operate like that on these forums. Please refrain from calling others stupid or ignorant...thanks my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazzi1397 View Post
How do you know?
Timing is everything...
Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #120
2010cantwait
not waiting anymore

Drives: vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
I just love how people complain about "your tax dollars at work", when 1) sorry, but I don't see much wrong with police having semi-nice vehicles, especially since we ride in them far longer than anyone else rides in a car, save perhaps for some salesmen, taxi drivers, and truck drivers (and semi trucks are often close to 6 figures), 2) you REALLY don't pay that much toward that car yourself, maybe $1/month (don't really know, but it's barely noticeable), and 3) Hollywood people make tons of money (FAR more than cops) and drive exotic cars, but I don't see too many people boycotting movie theaters or Blockbuster... Sorry, little well-deserved rant from a law enforcement officer on behalf of all of us out there. Oh, not to mention the job we perform for well below what we deserve... Please don't mistake this as a defense for police corruption though. I know it's out there, and I see it even in my own agency in ways, although not necessarily financial...

All that aside, very nice cruiser. I certainly wouldn't mind having that for mine.
That's all fine and dandy, but why the $4500 wheels? Is that necessary for law enforcement? Come on......
Old 10-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #121
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post

"Thanks for the support... Of course, like everyone with your attitude, it'll change when you need us. Which you already do and just don't realize yet, but it'll come to you..."

A lifelong friend's a high-ranking law enforcement officer. Old-school, not of the bulging bicep, shaven-head nor of the gear-bedecked school of the current way of thinking. By his admission the job is 95% 'mopping-up' after the miscreants've had their 'fun'. If you are indeed a peace officer, then, you do know better. Mine was not a blanket indictment of the way things're currently being handled. Mine was only to speak to your feeling of being inadequately compensated.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #122
RabanzZ28

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Thanks Corzine! Hopefully you will be gone soon enough!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #123
KahunaSulli

Drives: 1990 IROC-Z Convertible
White Camaro marked as NJ State Trooper

Wow - has this thread gone WAY out there and become a rant against taxes and corrupt officials in NJ; I think that would be better served in a different forum, not one discussing the fun of driving a high performance vehicle (pronounced CAMARO).

I see you live in South Jersey - have you attended any of the state auctions? The Expressway held one about 4 weeks ago. I wouldn't put my family in any of those cars. With the exception of the vehicles totaled in an accident, they all have well over 120,000 severe service (pronounced BEAT) miles and begin to cost too much to maintain. How many times a day do you go from a standing start to 100 and back to zero within a mile?

Trans, motors, rears, axles, brake rotors, exhaust all begin to go around 35-40K miles. Seems low - but consider how many hours they sit, idling and breathing in their own exhaust. And when they go on the road uninspected - that's unsafe and illegal, as they are supposed to go through inspection after they change ownership. Remember the little pink card no one puts in the windshield after they buy/register one of these rigs?

The vast majority of the FCV go to taxi companies and others for the drive train & parts!

The closest thing NJ Troopers have ever had to the HiPo vehicles was the Chevy Lumina. And the Lumina was so ridiculous, it never made it to marked car status and was relegated to plain clothes use. The last big block disappeared from the toll roads around 1978 (Pontiacs) and the Troops (Ford 460). The Tahoe is used primarily to transport commercial vehicle inspection teams and a lot of that comes from Fed grant $; and for winter weather (4X4).

If I missed any of your points let me know - but can we get back to when a true Z-28 convertible option will be available?

My two-cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
it's no joke. this is the god's honest truth. no one wants to work anymore, they just want to steal your money. nj politicos know very well how to get into your pocket.

remember a while back how they had troopers out on the road with "old, unsafe" patrol cars? yeah, they traded in those crown vics and caprices probably during c4c for new camaros and tahoes. and they were so unsafe that they turned around and sold them at auction to the public (well, some made it to us) who put them right back on the road without even getting them inspected. yeah for NJ!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #124
KahunaSulli

Drives: 1990 IROC-Z Convertible
White Camaro marked as NJ State Trooper

Did you not read the thread? No public entity bought anything - this car was a loaner for one day, as was the Corvette Z-06 (to Atlantic City) to promote the 2009 Toys for Tots Campaign. Those two vehicles lead an all Corvette Caravan with laden toys

I don't think anyone disputes the fact that 4K+ for wheels on a police vehicle are excessive. And believe me they would not appear on any State Police vehicle due to the exact reason you guys are going nuts for the wrong reason, not to mention the replacement costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010cantwait View Post
That's all fine and dandy, but why the $4500 wheels? Is that necessary for law enforcement? Come on......
Old 10-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #125
usmcbmw

Drives: 2LT Camaro RS, Land Rover LR2
shoulda got the gfx
Old 10-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #126
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
A lifelong friend's a high-ranking law enforcement officer. Old-school, not of the bulging bicep, shaven-head nor of the gear-bedecked school of the current way of thinking. By his admission the job is 95% 'mopping-up' after the miscreants've had their 'fun'. If you are indeed a peace officer, then, you do know better. Mine was not a blanket indictment of the way things're currently being handled. Mine was only to speak to your feeling of being inadequately compensated.
My apologies. I read it wrong. I do stand by the fact that we are inadequately compensated for the work we do. And it is a FACT. That doesn't mean that other workers in other professions aren't underpaid as well. But I see it on a daily basis with guys who have a hard time supporting their families. We're not low-class yet, but with the middle-class disappearing, we're getting there. But that's a different discussion for a different thread.

I support your friend and the old school, to a point, but that old school mentality has also gotten us newer law enforcement into a jam, thanks to those who abused their authority, to the point the criminals now often have more rights and defense for their actions than we do. And believe me, where I am, it DOES feel like 95% of my job is picking up the mess the criminals leave behind.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

And that car is really only missing one thing. Pop-out submachine guns, a la the Batmobile... That would clean up the streets pretty fast...

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT

Closed Thread