Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #1877
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Civic Type R ?
I dont think *general public* even knows what Type R is nor would be willing to pay its price.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #1878
mateorush90

Drives: White Chevrolet Blazer 4W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
No i don't believe it's ugly at all , what i do believe is that a lot of people had a vision of what the car should of looked like in there own head and it didn't materialize. If you don't like the new Camaro then thats just too bad . No matter how much crying or stomping of feet you do its not going to change anything . You can take polls and start new threads all you want because people are going to buy the car and love its looks and performance . No matter what you think of its looks, it only effects you and those who don't like it only . I personally think you are just embarrassing yourself when you try speaking for true Camaro enthusiast ,which you are not .
mateorush90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #1879
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
No i don't believe it's ugly at all , what i do believe is that a lot of people had a vision of what the car should of looked like in there own head and it didn't materialize. If you don't like the new Camaro then thats just too bad . No matter how much crying or stomping of feet you do its not going to change anything . You can take polls and start new threads all you want because people are going to buy the car and love its looks and performance . No matter what you think of its looks, it only effects you and those who don't like it only . I personally think you are just embarrassing yourself when you try speaking for true Camaro enthusiast ,which you are not .
Well in his defence he really likes the present design but lacks the funds to pull the trigger. As i had suggested current models should be available well into latter part of this year if not beyond. So hopefully he can cobble the finances together and get his dream car. And hence become a Camaro enthusiast. But i agree that bashing GM won't change anything and the new design is here to stay albeit none of us have seen a final product yet.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #1880
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
@Gen6_1Le:

@TrackClub is right, I'm a bit upset about the fact that I might not be able to get the design that I really like (2018) on time and if future versions will follow this refresh design, then I will be stuck with it.

I also think that with enough negative comments, GM will listen and change the next version / generation.

I am not a fanboy that accepts anything just because "it will grow on me" or because it's Chevy or it's a Camaro.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #1881
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
Kinda growing on me with the leds on...
Attached Images

AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:20 PM   #1882
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

I am not a fanboy that accepts anything just because "it will grow on me" or because it's Chevy or it's a Camaro.
Don't waste your energy typing that. Either people will agree or they will have zero concept of that statement, like it's an undecipherable alien language. I have had 3 Camaros and a 67 Firebird, but am NOT irrationally attached to the brand. But I have run across many who have had far fewer GMs than me(I'm at 9....I think) and even worse experiences and think it is some sort of brand-god to be worshipped.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #1883
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
Kinda growing on me with the leds on...
Make it stop.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #1884
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Heritage? Let's see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
In the tail lights I see it, front end sorry I am not seeing it. Everything about the front end of this car, screams modern sporty front end look that so many companies are doing now.
First of all, I'm sorry for not doing it when I told you, I had a lot of work to do in college and I missed my time.

I know that we are more or less in the stage to defend why we love it and defend why we hate it, but I want us to focus on this part, why this Camaro has more heritage than 16-18, why the word CAMARO it comes to mind every time we see it, and why Chevrolet has not thrown 50 years of an iconic car in the trash. Maybe after this you'll see a little sense of this beautiful "Frankenstein", maybe some like it, maybe others hate it, we do not care, we're just going to make things clear here. after that, you decide which side to take ... and for the love of Julia, do not become a mosquito submerging that hates it ... nor that you love it, just debate.

As we are only going to focus on the front, I will divide it into three parts; 4th Gen, 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen. And here we start:

Relationship with the fourth generation:

1- HEADLIGHTS CAVITY: Although it does not look like it, the Refresh of the sixth generation of the Camaro has a similarity with the fourth, and is at the entrance of its headlights. from the third generation until the fourth before its respective refresh, the Camaro has had the cavity of the headlights, black, and in this refresh that part has been taken into account apparently, even if we look at their respective headlights, the light bulb makes reference that the headlights are divided like quadlights because this one has a finer lens than the rest of the lighthouse that looks thicker, and if you do not believe me then look at the post # 1933.

Relationship with the second generation:

1- BADGE POSITION: Yes, the apple of the disc .... The bowtie of discord apparently has a possible justification of why it is in the middle of the two grills. In the second generation of the Camaro, say 1970 to 1973 and only in those models identified as SS and also had the option of a split bumper, came with the logo "SS" in the middle of the grill, even the first generation had that peculiarity in 1969 in said SS models. Now in the new Refresh and specifically the SS model took the same, but with the chevrolet logo and in the black bar between the grills that gives the illusion that it is a BIG grill. Beautiful recreation, no? Do not respond

2-CHROME BARS ... OR AT LEAST THE SHAPE: Another characteristic in common are the chrome bars, or at least in the new Refresh they have taken that shape at the ends of the bumper, and another thing is that the part of the bumper that is between the chrome bar and the grille in the second generation it is evident in this refresh, only that it does not reach the bottom of the bumper so that the lower grill runs to the ends and achieves that sadistic smile.

3- FOG LIGHTS:They are the same, the only thing that varies is the technology of each one and its size, but with regard to form and position, they are the same.

Relationship with the fifth Generation:

1- SS BADGE: I do not think I have to explain it
By the way, the entrance of the upper grill now has a width and shape similar to that of the fifth generation, only with its own design.

All this combination is accommodated in such a way that it can flow according to the silhouette of the vehicle, and maybe it looks more sporty, but not for the reason you think, at least that's what I think it. Definitely has its unique characteristics, because each Camaro brings something unique in its generation, but the Legacy can not be denied.

Who does not know the history of something, has no right to mention it to defend why he does not like his change.

If you like the car, Amen, if not, then Amen too, just try to be coherent and do not say anything that comes to your head to make others understand that you are "right" ... and I'm not saying this because of Shaffe, I say it in general for anyone who is going to say something against or in favor of the car.

This is my perspective of what I see in the car, the heritage that I see in it, and I love it, and if they do not agree well that is respected, every taste must be respected

And now without further ado I will show in photos those features that I talked about above
Attached Images

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #1885
Michael2000

Drives: .
A bad front end can kill a car line. Just ask Ford with the Edsel. The 2019 SS front end is just as bad as an Edsel's IMO.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #1886
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I dont think *general public* even knows what Type R is nor would be willing to pay its price.
They are still hot, a year after release.

At msrp, it's worth it. Especially since it's manual transmission only. I wouldn't pay the ADM.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:02 AM   #1887
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
They are still hot, a year after release.

At msrp, it's worth it. Especially since it's manual transmission only. I wouldn't pay the ADM.
Agree but this is what Car and Driver said:
Better than expected, if you don't mind looking at it.

The point is it is another niche car kinda like 1le. Enthusiasts get it but general public doesnt.
The styling is very garish but it is a good performer.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:36 AM   #1888
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
JhonnyGTR nailed it with the heritage cues! I saw most of them from day one and really like the back end. However, just because it has all these heritage cues doesn’t mean it’s attractive or widely accepted. Here’s my take after looking at pics for the past few weeks. I’ve tried to get it to grow on me but I still struggle with the fact that to me the front end just doesn’t fit the rest of the car. The one heritage cue that is gone is the POINTED front end! The first post on this page showing a 3/4 side shot makes this apparent! The whole front clip just looks out of place! Too flat, kind of like someone punched it in the face, lol! Again, this is just my opinion so agree or not, but I’m keeping my ‘16 for now! I really need to see one in person to make a final judgement!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:26 AM   #1889
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I dont see any of those relationships to the split bumper or any of the old designs. Talk about a stretch.
If anything, it looks like a design change was in order for the Chevy line up as a whole. The SS looks more like the new Silverado than anything else good or bad. Im waiting to see cheek pieces pop up on the entire line. At least the Impala still looks good. I guess its getting the axe though. Im glad there are folks that like this new design. For those that do, go buy one to keep the Camaro alive.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:39 AM   #1890
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
All the hating is mostly just people justifying their purchase that they already made. Of course everybody contradicts everything they say as hypocrisy rules the day now , people make statements in a vacuum not even thinking about statement they made five minutes ago that’s the opposite, everybody’s a politician now lol. in one thread they argue General Motors is super smart they have $20 billion in design team(when they like it) in the next thread they say General Motors is stupid they don’t know anything (when they don’t like it ) we love the smile , we hate the smile ,we love the tail lights , we hate the tail lights. It’s just like kids if you hear children argue everybody thinks what they have is the best and logic doesn’t really play into it. When General Motors gets a nice sales boost from this refresh everybody will change their tunes and adapt their ideas and say yeah I knew all along it would sell blah blah blah. It’s identical to the 5th gen refresh predictions. All wrong ,no ownership of being wrong by anybody. History has proven them wrong and they’re still right.
Not necessarily... I think most of the hating is people generally not liking the new design. Can people not like something without there being an ulterior motive?

Last edited by Cgocifer; 05-13-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!