Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-20-2018, 09:25 AM   #1527
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Prob the same guys that thought the twins were gonna kick the crap out of the Tacoma years back, and last time I checked that score is a lopsided losing effort and the Tacoma Atkinson engine is a dog and searches for gears forever, now more competition knocking on the door in the form of the ranger.

Twins refresh is coming in 3rd quarter for those trucks as well and its scary now to see what they came up with. I was hoping for more edgy lines and good truck styling but im nervous off the charts now after seeing two "refreshes".

The latest being this debacle. Lingering in the muscle market but not for this thing.
Were the twins ever supposed to beat the Tacoma? I'm pretty sure they exceeded sales targets, and never needed to beat the Tacoma to be considered a success. They keep adding trims so I think the brass agrees.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #1528
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
See Below,

This ^ I would think they could have made the trunk slightly larger or a better opening without sacrificing performance. It was a clear style over function choice IMO.

I don't want it to be more than it is, I just want it to be as capable/liveable as it's direct competitor.

That's funny I see a lot of similarities in the design of the Silverado and the new SS...
So you want the Camaro to be bigger yet still faster and better handling than its competition? It is the lightest pony car on the market and outperforms them all (and some exotics too) but the golf clubs dont fit without folding down a seat. Agree fully: it is a complete fail and nothing short of a disaster!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #1529
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
I mean everyone plays golf tho right? Hockey sticks don't fit so everyone needs a suburban now.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #1530
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yeah. It was a well liked and popular color. I know plenty of people who settled on their second choice because they couldn't find d a yellow one with the options they wanted. For me, it took several months of searching before I found one in yellow with the options I wanted. It was yellow or nothing. I missed out on several yellow Camaros because they'd be sold almost as soon as they were listed.

Good thing the 2019 is ugly and won't be purchasing one or else I'd be pretty upset I couldn't get it in yellow.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #1531
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
I mean everyone plays golf tho right? Hockey sticks don't fit so everyone needs a suburban now.
Or a Challenger as its dimensions and weight are pretty similar.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #1532

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
"Looking for the ultimate ride to hit the links? The best cars for golfers have plenty of room to accommodate a foursome and a cavernous trunk to carry their clubs. Needless to say, we avoided the compacts. These larger sedans provide the space they need to stretch out their legs after a long day out on the links.

Golf is best played in fours. While station wagons are extremely well suited for golf outings, we focused exclusively on sedans in this article. We’ll take a look at the best wagons, SUVs, and crossovers for golfers in a subsequent piece.

Auto manufacturers love to sponsor golf events. The IEG Sponsorship Report states that the automotive sector is “4.4 times more likely to sponsor golf than the average of all sponsors.” With that in mind, we’ve included information on each manufacturer's involvement with the sport."

https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying...olfers-131141/

Maybe it's too much to expect the Camaro to accommodate four golfers at once, but it should at least be good enough for one...lol...You can make fun of golf all you want, but if it doesn't work for someone who does golf, it's a lost sale....just sayin'...

Impala....19 cu.ft...lol

Name:  Impala3.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  98.7 KB

Last edited by 90503; 04-20-2018 at 10:55 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #1533
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
So you want the Camaro to be bigger yet still faster and better handling than its competition? It is the lightest pony car on the market and outperforms them all (and some exotics too) but the golf clubs dont fit without folding down a seat. Agree fully: it is a complete fail and nothing short of a disaster!
Different priorities for different people man. They made a styling choice that won't accomodate things I like to do in my life. Like I said, when I had my Mustang it wasn't a problem to keep my clubs and my softball bag in the trunk all summer.

What if I wasn't even looking at a performance version? What if I was just looking at base models. that is where the issue is. Everyone hear looks past these issues with performance blinders on because the car is the best performer in the segment. And I get it, this is an enthusiast site and some of you guys are lucky enough to have the car as a second car or a toy.

Some of us aren't that lucky. Some of us might need to daily drive the car. Some of us might still want the car. Some of us can't because of compromises that they made when designing the car. I get it, some of that stuff isn't important to other people. I personally don't think making the trunk a little bigger would have compromised performance that much if any. When your trunk in your coupe is smaller than the trunk in the competitions convertible that is problem IMO.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:31 AM   #1534
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
It is much smaller. 9.1 cu. ft vs the Mustangs 13.5.

You cannot get golf clubs in the trunk of a Camaro without the rear seat folded if you have a current 45" or longer driver. It's the main reason I don't have a Gen6 in the driveway.

Also, the Camaro is off of the Alpha architecture and you CAN get two sets of golf clubs in an ATS Coupe and Sedan. So it isn't the architecture. It's what they did with it.
Actually it can be done. I have a convertible, so the backseats don’t fold down. I simply remove my driver from my golf bag, place the bag in the trunk, and lay the driver down beside the bag. Top is up, of course, so that I have access to the full depth of the trunk. If the top is down, clubs are in the back seat.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #1535
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
the new camaro taillights are like/similar the 2013~ malibu, lack of imagination.

Name:  2013-chevrolet-malibu-ltz-rear.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  573.7 KB

Name:  2014-chevrolet-malibu-ltz-sedan-taillight.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  81.9 KB
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #1536
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29er View Post
the new camaro taillights are like/similar the 2013~ malibu, lack of imagination.

Attachment 931173

Attachment 931174
Not even close... only comparison is they separated them into two lights.

The refresh is much more reminiscent of the 5th Gen lights that everyone loved.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #1537
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
As a child I remember the man next door buying a brand new '74 Camaro early in the spring, he loved the refresh of the second gen Camaro and couldn't wait until it warmed up and he could show his buddies.
One warm Sunday a few weeks later I remember a commotion in the neighbors drive way, yelling and cussing. Looked out and saw his family and a couple neighbors gathered around the back of his car. I wandered over, being curious and 12 years old, I had to know what happened.
I get around the back where everyone had gathered and there was Mr. O, red faced and furious staring at the trunk of his Camaro with a golf bag half stuffed into the opening.
His golf bag didn't fit!
Never saw that Camaro again, he came home with a '74 Malibu, I remember the swivel buckets.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #1538
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
As a child I remember the man next door buying a brand new '74 Camaro early in the spring, he loved the refresh of the second gen Camaro and couldn't wait until it warmed up and he could show his buddies.
One warm Sunday a few weeks later I remember a commotion in the neighbors drive way, yelling and cussing. Looked out and saw his family and a couple neighbors gathered around the back of his car. I wandered over, being curious and 12 years old, I had to know what happened.
I get around the back where everyone had gathered and there was Mr. O, red faced and furious staring at the trunk of his Camaro with a golf bag half stuffed into the opening.
His golf bag didn't fit!
Never saw that Camaro again, he came home with a '74 Malibu, I remember the swivel buckets.
I golfed almost every day when I had a 70 Firebird. Clubs just went in the front seat. No issues Back seat if someone was with me. But back then Woods were wooden and not so long.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #1539
Havoc54

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I golfed almost every day when I had a 70 Firebird. Clubs just went in the front seat. No issues Back seat if someone was with me. But back then Woods were wooden and not so long.
When I decide to take my Camaro now I just set the clubs in the passenger seat area on a towel and it works fine.
Havoc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #1540
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29er View Post
I remember thinking those lights just looked like Camaro rip offs to try and boost the Malibu a little. I think the new tail lights look awesome, the whole rear end does. The lights have a lot of heritage going through multiple generations of Camaro, 1st, 2nd, 5th. Camaro has always switched between dual and quad lights, both can look great. I think these new lights, along with the adjusted bumper cover to removed the crease/bumps under the lights, make the whole back end look beefy and muscle.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!