Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2016, 02:57 PM   #155
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
No.
I'm so sorry. Everyday I check this thread hoping for you. I guess you must move on to a new Camaro down the road. I would be so enraged, but I know that would do no one any good. It would be cool if there was a remote button on our keyfob----one where, when all else fails in attempting to find your car, you can push so that the engine, wherever it is, simply implodes! If I can't have it back, nobody can! lol. We can dream.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #156
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I'm so sorry. Everyday I check this thread hoping for you. I guess you must move on to a new Camaro down the road. I would be so enraged, but I know that would do no one any good. It would be cool if there was a remote button on our keyfob----one where, when all else fails in attempting to find your car, you can push so that the engine, wherever it is, simply implodes! If I can't have it back, nobody can! lol. We can dream.
Thank you for your everyday wish. It nice to hear...I'm still not giving up on hope but chances are slim to find it so I've been told.

Because of the insurance claim, I am checking for sale adds of equivalent value but Im not there yet it terms of thinking to replace my Camaro.
Plus I am afraid that they will come again and steel the next one .... it seems Pros did this and they know where I live now...just a shitty situation Im in.

Might have to forget about a special super sport car for a while and drive a minivan like everbody else.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #157
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Mike i totally feel your pain and anger. the bad news is unfortunatly it won't be find it's allready gone in some container overseas.. really sorry.

in 1999 i had a trans am ws6 it was so clean i couldn't help my self to wash it 2 times per day-it was black-- i did not had a garage so parked outside ,my neighbour told me that he had seen a guy in a cadillac passing and passing by and watching my car... it wasn't long that it was stolen under my nose early in the morning. i opened the front door and i saw my taillinght going fast down the street. called 911 they saw the car it was going from the 640 to the 13 then onto the 440 going east and then they let him go telling me that we weren't in the far west! the thing that outraged me the most is the cop tells me don't worry about it ,you're insured, you'll get a new one! i was funing mad.if i had robbed a bank pretty shure they would have done anything to stop me. but for a car they don't care. easier to give a ticket for a stop ,or speeding.

well once settle i got a 1999 grand am gt after. i hated that car so much. i was missing my trans am ws6 so bad..

thinking,like you since the thieves knew were i was didn't want to give them another dessert. once i moved from st-eustache. i got a house with a garage and there ,in 2001, i ordered another trans am the collectors edition. it was hidden the all time. i had it for 12 years. my trip was done. i sold it got the camaro 1LE in 14. it's another journey.

i'm really mad at those persons who for them is a job, and we care so much for our cars like any others. some people don't realize that.

when you work hard and pay for something you wantto reward yourself, others are jealous of your sucess and just take it away from you. i would throw them in a dungeon!

if you get another camaro put all the systems to protect you or at least to slow them down.it would be easy to say remove the steering wheel everyday or remove a wheel that way it can't be on a trailer, just everyday pain.. hide the serial number on the dash it's with that, they get the key code.

i wish you the Best of luck if you find it.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:33 PM   #158
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29er View Post
Mike i totally feel your pain and anger. the bad news is unfortunatly it won't be find it's allready gone in some container overseas.. really sorry

i'm really mad at those persons who for them is a job, and we care so much for our cars like any others. some people don't realize that.

when you work hard and pay for something you wantto reward yourself, others are jealous of your sucess and just take it away from you. i would throw them in a dungeon!

if you get another camaro put all the systems to protect you or at least to slow them down.it would be easy to say remove the steering wheel everyday or remove a wheel that way it can't be on a trailer, just everyday pain.. hide the serial number on the dash it's with that, they get the key code.

i wish you the Best of luck if you find it.
Thank you for sharing that experience, if I get another one, I will protect it with many different systems. Did not know that about the VIN under the windshield...

Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:32 AM   #159
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I'm just wondering. Can a GM engine be ID'd if the police check for a VIN or casting
number to see if it's from a stolen car? I bet a lot of these engines are being installed
on other Camaros or street rods.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #160
MCSarge
USMC 1980-1990

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The motor and other parts have the VIN stamped into them from the factory.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:17 AM   #161
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

So the Insurance company told me yesterday I should get back to me within 7 days...

Old 10-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #162
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I'm just wondering. Can a GM engine be ID'd if the police check for a VIN or casting
number to see if it's from a stolen car? I bet a lot of these engines are being installed
on other Camaros or street rods.
They can, but most likely won't unless there is reason for suspicion. I believe that some states require that id numbers or vin numbers of donor cars be given when registering an rebuilt/salvage car. But I think the typical LS3 swap is going to fly under the radar.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #163
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Guessing chop shops can be charged by the number of vins that are accounted for that have been on stolen vehicles. Parts already installed would be much harder to find
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:11 AM   #164
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J View Post
Guessing chop shops can be charged by the number of vins that are accounted for that have been on stolen vehicles. Parts already installed would be much harder to find
The closest I can come to an answer is from watching a couple of episodes of "Bait Car" where the perp led them to a chop shop. The police simply checked all the cars vins, but never opened a hood or anything like that.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #165
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

I should get an counter offer tomorrow from the insurer, they offered me the low end of the market value spectrum last week and I came back with a higher evaluation. I'm eager to see what they will say and propose...any thoughts base on experience at this point?

Last edited by Mikamaro; 11-06-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #166
dustin0284

Drives: 2014 BRM 1LT
Please keep us updated with what they have to say! I've been checking on this thread multiple times a day!

I'm hoping for the best outcome possible for you!
Old 11-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #167
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
I should get an counter offer tomorrow from the insurer, they offered me the low end of the market value spectrum last week and I came back with a higher evaluation. I'm eager to see what they will say and propose...any thoughts base on experience at this point?
It's difficult to share suggestions without knowing the amount they offered & if it included the additional equipment.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #168
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
It's difficult to share suggestions without knowing the amount they offered & if it included the additional equipment.

I understand but at this point in the negotiation I don't want to divulge any numbers.
They came back Monday first thing in a morning saying they won't change their mind about their evaluation but added a few hundreds to their offer. They still don't want to pay me anything on my performance upgrades. So I counter offer with a lower offer then my initial goal by thousands and since then it's dead silent...until now and again, they still won't bulge.