Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #57
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
I've never been practical ... but only buy if and when I could pay cash .... (@25 got my first Corvette - relatives said but you could put a down payment on a house .... I know ... but I can't drive it =))))
and if you want to make a head turning... jaw dropping... moron drooling statment >>>>> get the>>>>
C7 2014 CORVETTE
Yes..I love my 2012 Camaro ... but since I have very little extra invested in it and not really attached to it .... I may not pull the trigger on the 2014 ... it will be the 2015...
... I rather have a slow Corvette than a fast Camaro ... anyday
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #58
Camaroadub

Drives: SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
Stingray hands down.

1. It looks badass.

2. It's a brand new model. I rarely see any C6's on the road, how many C7's do you think you'll run past? You will be turning heads like a celebrity for years to come, vs. a ZL1 camaro that most people can't tell the difference between a 2010 LS.
This
Camaroadub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #59
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro

Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
I think the fact that it's brand new is the biggest knock I have on it. The first model year of any car has it's bugs and problems, whether you want to put up with it is your choice.
I have to agree with get the bugs out .... also give the dealers enough time to get their heads out of their asses ... and figure out car lovers don't have to take their sticker abuse ... why should they make one extra penny whether it is a CORVETTE or a Sonic. We the consumer need to stick together ... I worked hard for my money ... no one handed me a car .. like alot of the bragging spoiled brats around with rich parents.. my friends and family don't think I am always practical ... but I do spend my money wisely... in my mind
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #60
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
I think the fact that it's brand new is the biggest knock I have on it. The first model year of any car has it's bugs and problems, whether you want to put up with it is your choice.

+1

My 2013 is alway being looked over by other gen5 older model owner wishing they had this or that feature. It's the main reason I dont jump on new tech or software right away.. Now i enjoy my iPhone4 and Windows 7 laptop ...they have the bugs worked out....

KaBoom
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #61
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
If money wasn't an option for me, I'd take the ZL1 any day over the C7. But it's all just personal choice. Get whatever you think is the best for you.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
You could save your money and get a GTR
Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #63
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Get the ZL1. They look much better than the new vette if that what we're suppose to call that thing.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #64
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
The sting ray is going to KILL that ZL1. Anything corvette has ALWAYS held its value well, and to many...including me....the vette is the standard of american muscle. The vette is lighter, newer, slimmer, heavier optioned, better built, and faster. Also, probably going to be more expensive....barely. The ZL1 is nothing but a supercharged SS. Sure, you can scream handling package and all, but if you aren't on Leguna Seca, that crap doesn't matter. You want something that handles, go buy an M3. We buy american muscle because going in a straight line in fun.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #65
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quality is GM's MO on this new Vette... it's been repeatedly iterated. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over major bugs. This is a tough decision but to me, the all new Stingrsy all the way.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #66
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
How about neither keep your SS. Just my opinion

Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #67
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Get the ZL1. They look much better than the new vette if that what we're suppose to call that thing.
Oh please... worthless rant.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #68
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
Oh please... worthless rant.
Just because my opion doesn't line up with yours it doesn't mean my post was a rant because it wasn't. I've owned many vettes over the years and for me the C7 is a major let down.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #69
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Just because my opion doesn't line up with yours it doesn't mean my post was a rant because it wasn't. I've owned many vettes over the years and for me the C7 is a major let down.
That THANG is the all new revolutionary game changing Corvette Stingray that's well well ahead of any previous C6 or ZL1... enough said.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #70
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
That THANG is the all new revolutionary game changing Corvette Stingray that's well well ahead of any previous C6 or ZL1... enough said.
I didn't say that it wouldn't be the best corvette ever as far as performance goes. At least I would hope that GM wouldn't go backwards. But it doesn't change the fact that many feel the looks aren't on par. Of course that's only opion, but many do feel that way. Glad you like it, and for GM's sake I hope more buyers of cars like this agree with you more than me.