Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-10-2023, 09:04 PM   #71
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperV117 View Post
I've debated letting mine go but at this point I have way too many memories with it. I've driven it to so many car meets, track days, and road trips it would be hard to see it go. I have a another track day this December and I can hardly wait.
That's a damn fine looking race car there.
Old 10-12-2023, 01:54 PM   #72
rdavis

Drives: 2012 SS
Looks good, runs good, sounds good. In 8 years of ownership has never left me stranded. AND it is long paid for. So why would I trade off a proven great car for a newer one that may or may not have problems.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:12 PM   #73
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
1LE nuff said....

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 11-05-2023 at 09:13 PM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:50 PM   #74
Nailbender

Drives: Chevy Camaro hwse 2018 GMC Sierra 1
What’s not to like?
Attached Images

Nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:25 PM   #75
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailbender View Post
What’s not to like?
Man, I sure love the wheel treatment for that edition. Nice car!
Old 10-13-2023, 03:08 AM   #76
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
09 Mustang GT had an exhaust sound that neither of my Camaros can match.

Like I agree!
I have not heard a better sounding engine than what was put into these Mustangs.

My friend has a well-maintained 2008 Mustang with some ROUSCH accessories. Maybe 360HP

Name:  WP_20180812_008.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  239.8 KB

But what stuck in my memory the most was an orange Mustang with black stripes - also of this generation that was driving in the next town.
The sound sent chills down my spine .

No one will ever get this from any L99 or LS3

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 05:47 AM   #77
Nailbender

Drives: Chevy Camaro hwse 2018 GMC Sierra 1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Man, I sure love the wheel treatment for that edition. Nice car!
Thanks Danial
Nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 06:44 AM   #78
Yolk46
Banned

Drives: M
The engine is a work of art.it has plenty of power. it is awesome. When you start this car up, you think to yourself "man, I wish the exhaust was louder", but when you actually drive the car, wow does it ever sound good. It emmits a nice deep growl throughout the powerband.
Wow factor. As others have said, this car gets attention. If you like to be the center of attention, this car is for you. I can't go anywhere without someone talking to me if I stop or pointing at the car as I drive by. I believe just the very presence of the car has nearly caused several accidents.
Visibility - Yes, it's not perfect and when I first got in the car it was almost alarming, but like any car, you quickly get used to it. I don't think it is a safety issue once you familiarize yourself with the car.
Yolk46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 06:53 AM   #79
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
This.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2023, 07:28 AM   #80
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Man, the 5th Gen Camaro is special for a couple reasons. I changed "fun cars" every 1-3 years from when I started driving in 2001 until I bought my 5th gen in 2016. Having had a pair of 3rd gen Camaros along with a 4th gen, so the 5th gen was high on my list of prospects when I was hunting my next toy. I'd had some boosted 4cyl and 6cyl stuff, as well as a V8 Impala SS, and a modern Hemi powered Charger - and while all that stuff was fun, it always left me wanting more. I wanted another manual, I wanted something that responded well to modifications, and I wanted something that looked killer. The 5th gen checked all those boxes - and prices were just getting reasonable when I picked my 2011 2SS up with 15,000 miles for $22k with a couple mods (wheels, headers, cold air intake, tune).

It was love at first drive - the LS3 was a cut above any powerplant I'd had under my right foot, and that chassis and overall build quality was leaps and bounds ahead of my previous Camaros, and only really matched by the Charger which had also had a good chassis and excellent build quality. What I didn't know was that I'd fall in love with how easy this car is to work on. Truly, there is no other modern muscle car that matches the 5th gens easy to work on - there is so much room. And getting an LS3, well, that was probably the best decision ever, I'm not sure a better "bang for your buck" power plant exists.

Why do I still own it? Well, the 6th gen is too small, and the LT is awesome, but also a bunch more costly to modify, especially when you get into serious power levels. I think the 5th gen looks just as good, if not better. I have considered a C6Z06, but I don't know that I'd like getting in and out of that all the time. More than anything, I've just got too much money and history tied up in my 5th gen - I'm pot committed to ride this thing into the ground. And - I'm still chasing goals with it. It's GOING to go 10s on the SBE, naturally aspirated, banging gears. From there, who knows - probably see some boost and be a real party. I can't help it, this car still puts a big smile on my face, and I love it.
Attached Images

GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 09:22 AM   #81
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-8 View Post
This.
Oh hell yeah!! That!!
Old 10-13-2023, 09:23 AM   #82
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Man, the 5th Gen Camaro is special for a couple reasons. I changed "fun cars" every 1-3 years from when I started driving in 2001 until I bought my 5th gen in 2016. Having had a pair of 3rd gen Camaros along with a 4th gen, so the 5th gen was high on my list of prospects when I was hunting my next toy. I'd had some boosted 4cyl and 6cyl stuff, as well as a V8 Impala SS, and a modern Hemi powered Charger - and while all that stuff was fun, it always left me wanting more. I wanted another manual, I wanted something that responded well to modifications, and I wanted something that looked killer. The 5th gen checked all those boxes - and prices were just getting reasonable when I picked my 2011 2SS up with 15,000 miles for $22k with a couple mods (wheels, headers, cold air intake, tune).

It was love at first drive - the LS3 was a cut above any powerplant I'd had under my right foot, and that chassis and overall build quality was leaps and bounds ahead of my previous Camaros, and only really matched by the Charger which had also had a good chassis and excellent build quality. What I didn't know was that I'd fall in love with how easy this car is to work on. Truly, there is no other modern muscle car that matches the 5th gens easy to work on - there is so much room. And getting an LS3, well, that was probably the best decision ever, I'm not sure a better "bang for your buck" power plant exists.

Why do I still own it? Well, the 6th gen is too small, and the LT is awesome, but also a bunch more costly to modify, especially when you get into serious power levels. I think the 5th gen looks just as good, if not better. I have considered a C6Z06, but I don't know that I'd like getting in and out of that all the time. More than anything, I've just got too much money and history tied up in my 5th gen - I'm pot committed to ride this thing into the ground. And - I'm still chasing goals with it. It's GOING to go 10s on the SBE, naturally aspirated, banging gears. From there, who knows - probably see some boost and be a real party. I can't help it, this car still puts a big smile on my face, and I love it.
Very well said Andrew. And yes just gotta say, you have built a MONSTER!! Well done. And you WILL get that 10 next time you are on the track.
Old 10-13-2023, 02:30 PM   #83
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
After 13 years I still have mine. It looked cool then and still turns heads too this day. I even made 6 trips to camaro5 Fest. Two to Indianapolis and four to Bowling Green. I simply still love and enjoy my 5th Gen!
Attached Images

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 02:34 PM   #84
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
After 13 years I still have mine. It looked cool then and still turns heads too this day. I even made 6 trips to camaro5 Fest. Two to Indianapolis and four to Bowling Green. I simply still love and enjoy my 5th Gen!
Totally awesome looking Camaro sir!! Love the stance..