Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Phastek Performance

Old 01-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #15
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I ended up using a product from a local in Saint augustine called Simix. So far after a month really good results. I rate it similar to Car Pro Hydro2. You spray it on then activate with the pressure of the water coming out of your hose. You have to apply it every 6 months but for $350 for paint correction, clay bar, detail and application then $100 every 6 months to reapply, I get about 6 years worth of maintenance for the same price. For me just the way I went.
Yeah, that sounds much better to me. I think I may go this route, plus a clear bra on the front bumper.

I just need to find out how this stuff works with Chadwick's, as I like to use that stuff in between as it cleans, protects and shines.

http://chadwickstripleplay.com
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #16
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Look at this thread. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=429198&page=2

His guy (drivingagain) may work for you...

On a side note, seems like with in a few months there will be about three of four in the Daytona area with SS's.
It looks like the cquartz is a bit pricey. I plan to consider options before spending that kind of money.

It would be cool to network with other SS owners in the Daytona area.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #17
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I do have some one in the Daytona Area that might have a product similar. A friend of mine that works for Mercedes now at the automall is looking into a product someone is making in ormond beach. Supposedly similar to CQuartz. Waiting on the details to look into it myself.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #18
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Yeah, that sounds much better to me. I think I may go this route, plus a clear bra on the front bumper.

I just need to find out how this stuff works with Chadwick's, as I like to use that stuff in between as it cleans, protects and shines.

http://chadwickstripleplay.com
I would not know how compatible the two products are. I use Chemical Brothers wash and glossifier made for paint coatings. It gives it a shine and a little more protection. So maybe this is the same?

Last edited by drivingagain; 02-02-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #19
Brad009

Quote:
I do have some one in the Daytona Area that might have a product similar. A friend of mine that works for Mercedes now at the automall is looking into a product someone is making in ormond beach. Supposedly similar to CQuartz. Waiting on the details to look into it myself.
Sounds interesting. Plz post when you know more.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:44 AM   #20
Brad009

Quote:
I would not know how compatible the two products are. I use CarPro wash and glossifier made for paint coatings. It gives it a shine and a little more protection. So maybe this is the same?
I looked at Chadwicks and it looks promising online but I don't know anyone that has used it. I plan to use the Simix product and have the guy in St Augustine do the initial treatment and see how that goes.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:15 PM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad009 View Post
I looked at Chadwicks and it looks promising online but I don't know anyone that has used it. I plan to use the Simix product and have the guy in St Augustine do the initial treatment and see how that goes.
I've been using Chadwick's for a few years, I like it a lot. But it is more of a detail/in between thing. I am still debating on Simix and such, but I am definitely am doing a partial clear bra.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #22
FlyTrap

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS 6 Spd
Garnet Red 2SS Coming to Orlando Tomorrow

It's currently in Jacksonville coming off the Auto Train, then to Orlando. So excited I can hardly stand it. This will be my 2nd Camaro. Had a 1994 Z28 with 150 shot and some other mods. I'm an adrenaline junkie from the 1960s. First car was a 66 GTO. Speaking of adrenaline the interior has the adrenaline red seats with the same color side knee pads. Can't wait to get to know some of you on the site. Love modding, but not sure how much of that I will do right off, definitely going to see what's out there though.

Thanks and see ya on the road soon...

Last edited by FlyTrap; 02-14-2016 at 01:12 PM.
FlyTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #23
drivingagain

Congratulations on your new ride! The emotional roller coaster of waiting is almost over. I am almost at 2k miles and ready to start riding my motorcycle daily again. lol The Camaro is an awesome car you will be thrilled to get through the break in period and let it rip. A russian guy in a Hyundai genesis v8 tried to race me on US1 last week and unfortunately for him my 1500 miles were over. At first I just played around and when I realized he was seriously trying to race me and I was playing I just laid into it. I can say at 150+ it takes the US1 turns well still.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:17 PM   #24
FlyTrap

Cool story I like it. By the way, you're definitely right on the money about the emotional roller coaster. Lol The dealership keeps lying to me about where the car is, apparently taking me for some naive teenager that doesn't know what I'm talking about. My mistake was, that I signed the paperwork before the car actually was at the dealership. They basically told me that the car was shipped when it actually was not so that I at least would come in and pay for it so that they could get the deal in before the end of the month. Oh well, guess I shouldn't expect anything less from a car dealer. I just would have liked to have been told the truth. Then I wouldn't be waiting for it to show up every day. Like you said, emotional roller coaster.

Thanks to Becky on this site, I found that the car was delivered to the holding yard in Orlando this morning. Should see it in a day or so, then all the anticipation will be over.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #25
drivingagain

Yeah Becky is awesome in smoothing out the emotional roller coaster some. SOunds like it should be soon though. Mine was at the Jacksonville waiting yard for 3 days and I am the next town south in Saint Augustine. It is worth the wait. You will love the NPP and MRC too! I still love playing with the NPP exhaust. If I did not tell myself I would not upgrade this car so I bought the NPP and MRC I would have bought the headers, high flow cat, and straight exhaust back to the NPP. I know as soon as I hear it in person I will be investing another 3k in stainless steel. lol
Old 02-11-2016, 05:48 AM   #26
Brad009

I think you made some great choices on your SS. My experience has been that, like it or not, these Gen 6s attract some attention. I also have the Adrenaline Red interior and knee bolsters. It is a beautiful interior and I have received many compliments on it.
(2SS, Mosaic black, black 5 spokes w/SS center cap, A8, MRC, NPP, Chevy Link w/nav).
Old 02-11-2016, 05:59 AM   #27
Brad009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTrap View Post
Love modding, but not sure how much of that I will do right off, definitely going to see what's out there though.
I have a few things in mind but I plan to leave mine mostly stock for a while. In the immediate future I plan to black out the bowtie emblems front and back. I am wrestling with options for the paint (cquartz or simex). Later I may add some bolts ons mods for added power. I want to see what the after market has out in a year or so. No rush on that. My SS is my daily driver and it is unlikely to see a track. For my purpose and use it more than meets my needs for my daily commute, profiling around town and the occasional spirited drive. My SS has exceeded my expectations. I am very pleased with it.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #28
FlyTrap

After paying for my car for two and a half weeks and not having it, it finally came Tuesday evening of this week. Now after driving it for two days I've almost totally forgotten about the dealer deceiving me about its delivery date. This thing is an absolute monster, I love it! As far as mods go, I'm thinking about maybe a cold air intake and a tune and that's about it. But, I want to take it to the track first and get some baseline numbers.