Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #57
trophy hunter

Drives: 2016 1SS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
Two weeks ago I got my first speeding ticket. It is actually my first one in all of my sports cars. I was going up 2499 in Flower Mound and people were all around me doing the same speed. He picks me out of a crowd for 55 in a 45 mph. What a douche bag. Sure I was speeding(maybe), but at the end of the conversation he says, "really nice car".

Go figure.
You and I live up in the same "neck of the woods" (Keller).
I haven't gotten a ticket yet in mine (knock on wood) and I've noticed that as long as you behave and stay under 10 the police up here are really pretty nice.

Sorry to hear what you went thru but maybe the officer was needing to meet a quota and you just got the (unlucky) lottery ticket (so to speak)
trophy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #58
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohead View Post
Cop gave me a ticket for 83 in a 55mph zone but then said, I'm going to give you a break and write this for 73mph, Took it to court and played my recording from my Garmin Dashcam and let the Judge listen to the Officer say "Give you a Break" he just provided false information on the ticket and the judge dismissed it on those grounds plus he gave the Officer an ass chewing!

Wow! That was seriously wrong of you!! He let you off on the more serious offence of reckless driving, in VA that's possible jail time and a stiff fine to say the least. While i disagree with the 20 over law in VA, we can most certainly expect to see the officer less lenient to other offenders. Good job/NOT!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #59
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohead View Post
First I do not know many Officers who drive the speed limit, That being said I did a playback of my Garmen showing the time, date, GPS, and speed together with the video, I did request the officers recording of the stop that he failed to produce, Yes every stop is recorded as is all conversations with the drivers, The playback showed that I wasn't speeding and there was no justification for the stop, So much for the Break all of this took place on Hwy 301 in Upper Marlboro while I was off Duty! Have a Good Day!
And people wonder why we don’t trust police. So as an officer, you are telling us that most officers break the law. And you are also telling us that they make stuff up. (As if we didn’t all already know these two) it is very rare to see officers admit the kind of dirt that they do on open forums. My father was chief of police, and he told me of EVERYTHING that officers do, including planting evidence, doctoring police reports, etc. I get it that police work is hard, but the power that you all have to wreak havoc and destroy lives is crazy, and should be used with much more caution.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:55 PM   #60
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
In Maryland you'd get in trouble for recording audio without notifying the other party.
Usually depends on if there is an expectation of privacy, as far as I can remember, in the case of law enforcement performing their duties, it's always been held up that there is no expectation of privacy.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #61
SFCO

Drives: 2017 Red Hot SS Camaro
Quote:
Because the guy in front of me and behind me and beside me are all doing the same speed. Just had to pick me
The Police Officer knew that you could afford a ticket driving a 60-70 Thousand dollar car. Plus just wanted to get an up close look of the sweet ride you have.
SFCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:58 PM   #62
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Got my first ticket in 2016. 40 in a 25.

Never even saw the speed drop from 35 to 25.. Drove back on that road and noticed that the speed limit side only notifies one side of the street to the lowered speed, not the side I was on.

I'm still upset about it.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #63
rotohead

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Va.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Wow! That was seriously wrong of you!! He let you off on the more serious offense of reckless driving, in VA that's possible jail time and a stiff fine to say the least. While i disagree with the 20 over law in VA, we can most certainly expect to see the officer less lenient to other offenders. Good job/NOT!!!
I have to go down to "Lorton" due to my job other than that I stay out of Virginia and when I do I take the Charger the roads in and around DC and Va are just to bad for the Camaro,no he didn't let me off of anything!
rotohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #64
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy hunter View Post
You and I live up in the same "neck of the woods" (Keller).
I haven't gotten a ticket yet in mine (knock on wood) and I've noticed that as long as you behave and stay under 10 the police up here are really pretty nice.

Sorry to hear what you went thru but maybe the officer was needing to meet a quota and you just got the (unlucky) lottery ticket (so to speak)
I got the ticket on Super Bowl Sunday. I told him I was pulling for New England and he said was pulling for the Eagles.

I have gotten tickets before when pulled out of a crowd. If everyone is speeding which happens all the time, then he can pull over anyone he wants and no one can say anything. I just told him I did not know I was speeding and I was sorry. He was nice about it as I was. I got lucky he did not check my front tag that is not there. I refuse to put it on. I am going to get a ticket for that sooner or later and I don't care. I am not putting holes in my front bumper.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #65
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Got my first ticket in 2016. 40 in a 25.

Never even saw the speed drop from 35 to 25.. Drove back on that road and noticed that the speed limit side only notifies one side of the street to the lowered speed, not the side I was on.

I'm still upset about it.
I have seen several roads in my day that had two speed limits according to which direction you are going. Sometimes the road is the boundary of a city or whatever and one city decides they like a lower speed.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:11 AM   #66
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
Strong Advice:

If you live in a state where a speeding ticket conviction will get points on your license, spend the money and get a traffic lawyer to defend you when you go to court. Usually these guys can get you off with lower points. Lawyers routinely negotiate with judges and cops to downgrade the speed. Don't plead guilty or give some bullshit testimony that you were trying to get away from a reckless driver or present a bogus repair bill for a broken speedometer. The judges have heard it all.

These traffic or highway cops who write speeders for "activity" can rattle off the LIDAR testimony in their sleep. Its highly unlikely you alone would be able to beat them.

PS: LIDAR is a gun. If its fired at you, by the time your radar detector goes off he or she will have already gotten a reading of your current speed.

Make friends with a cop and get a PBA card.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #67
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
I love how these type of threads almost always turn into cop bashing. Take responsibility for your actions like big boys and girls and move on. If you were speeding you were speeding. The cop can't pull everyone over. They got you. If you don't want a car that gets so much attention, buy a Camry. You gotta take the good with the bad with owning sports cars.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:31 AM   #68
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I have seen several roads in my day that had two speed limits according to which direction you are going. Sometimes the road is the boundary of a city or whatever and one city decides they like a lower speed.
Never heard of that before. But it definitely makes sense.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #69
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Do they have PBA cards in your guys towns or cities? I been pulled over in NY, PA, DE, and VA over the past 3 years and whip out the good ol PBA card and family badge i got from a friend and on my way each time with a warning and a "Just slow down remark" hehehe. If you have a friend or member of family who is law enforcement look into it. 90% of the time it will save you ass. Just sayin.....
And the other 10% of the time you get a ROYAL ass chewing as the guy isn't impressed that you "know a cop". And then still get ticketed.

Ask me how I know...

No tickets in my C7 or the Gen 6. I did get one in my sedan, ugh. Went around a woman sitting in the passing lane doing 5 under. Got lidar'ed at 13 over. My fault, though. Was still pissed

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:51 AM   #70
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Not in the 6th Gen SS, did get a ticket in my 5th Gen 1LT on a trip from MI to CA. Speeding ticket in Wyoming
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote