Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #43
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
If my math is correct it would take over 21k to total it out. My biggest concern would be frame damage. I know they can work miracles these days but do they make sub sections that could be cut out and replaced? I would also have to look at how much value the car will depreciate after taking a hit like this even if it's repaired.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:08 AM   #44
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
I think you will need to wait for a proper appraisal and some tear down. I would agree that $13K seems low but you can only tell so much from a few pictures and the real damage/expenses could be to things that have not been seen/discovered yet.

I would just see what happens during teardown and this may all work itself out. But if you are that far apart from getting it totaled you may have to accept the fact that you were the only person involved and deal with the lost value, etc.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:39 AM   #45
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
Im a industrial service techncian and i was recently at a local body shop working on there equipment. I seen a new jeep which had 800 miles on it and had a 50k window sticker, it was hit on the rear right hand side... took out the rear bumper, side skin, right control arm, wheel, brakes, etc and the skin was cut off the vehicle. I asked the body tech how mich that will run the insuramce and hes said probably 20k. Lookds similar to your car.... i cant see how it will be fixed for 13.5. To meeee you probably need 2 of the radiators (car has 3 radiators in fron, 2 auxiliary) the trans cooler, etc. they possibly have not done a new 6th gen yet.... a 5th just because of those reassons would be easier. But for this car cant see it being 13.5..... no way, shit they are going to have to repaint almost the whole car to get it all nice and blended....
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #46
Cap Ron

Drives: 16 SS/2S Borla,HypBlu,A8
This looks like it may be very close to total?

I retired from a major insurance company after 29 years in estimatics so I know what I am talking about. It is hard to see the actual damage with out tear down. That being said, even if the numbers say repair, you need to consider asking for dimunition of value as well. In some states you can ask for this.

Here is how it works:
If you have two cars - identical in every aspect. One has never been repaired and one has has $13k worth of damage... upon sale how much less - if anything would the repaired vehicle bring? The difference is the loss of value or the dimunition of value. It is fair to ask for this. it is a loss to you.

With the damage I can see to your vehicle, if it was mine, I would not want it back either. When you go to trade it, carfax will show the amount of damage and they will offer you less for trade. This is the loss of value to you. Adding this plus the cost of repairs may tip the scales to total

Every sate has its own rules so you need to see what they are for your state.

If you have it repaired, make sure you pick a good shop! The shops can do amazing work to repair your car back to be as good as or even better than it was with the technology they have at their disposal today.

Hope this helps!

Captain Ron
Cap Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #47
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Any updates OP?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #48
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I agree with you Cap Ron! I couldn't tell from the pics if any of the airbags deployed. The side airbags deployed when I had my accident over a year ago and mine was repaired. Of course like the op said in his reply my SS was about 6 months when the accident happened and his '16 is well over a year old.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:24 AM   #49
harrist5683

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1 A10
Update: The insurance company ended up totaling the vehicle. They initially had the repair costs at 13,500 and bumped it up to 21,400 after they tore down the front of the vehicle. I was told that they technically (legally) didn't have to declare the vehicle as a total loss, but my insurance adjuster advocated to his supervisor on my behalf.

Apparently it had to go pretty far up the chain of command to get approved on both the adjuster side and a few days later on the 'check writing' side. For those who may find their selves in a similar situation in the future, make sure you don't take no for an answer and keep negotiating yourself into a better position.

I will be purchasing a new 2018 Black ZL1 hopefully by next Friday. I'm ready to finally get out of a rental and back into a Camaro.
harrist5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:40 AM   #50
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Insurance company's do not lose, wait till you see your ins cost on that ZL1.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #51
harrist5683

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Insurance company's do not lose, wait till you see your ins cost on that ZL1.
30-40 extra per month. I have accident forgiveness with my provider.
harrist5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:46 PM   #52
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrist5683 View Post
30-40 extra per month. I have accident forgiveness with my provider.
That is the best! We do too, and our 21 year old son totaled his 04 Caddy. Insurance stayed the same.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #53
rjacobs

Drives: none
Good move going to the zl1.... Just a point to make and you can research the zl1 forum but if you will daily the car, I would change the tires immediately to like the mpss or mp4s. The factory good years are supposedly sketchy in the rain or cold. I dint daily mine so no real issue there for me.
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:48 PM   #54
Metal2SS

Drives: Silver Ice 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Update: The insurance company ended up totaling the vehicle. They initially had the repair costs at 13,500 and bumped it up to 21,400 after they tore down the front of the vehicle. I was told that they technically (legally) didn't have to declare the vehicle as a total loss, but my insurance adjuster advocated to his supervisor on my behalf.

Apparently it had to go pretty far up the chain of command to get approved on both the adjuster side and a few days later on the 'check writing' side. For those who may find their selves in a similar situation in the future, make sure you don't take no for an answer and keep negotiating yourself into a better position.

I will be purchasing a new 2018 Black ZL1 hopefully by next Friday. I'm ready to finally get out of a rental and back into a Camaro.
Glad everything worked out man . somebody in a camaro fb group is going through the same thing.

Metal2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #55
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Quote:

Who's your insurance company?
NYJets12 is offline   Reply With Quote