Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #15
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
1400HP on a stock shortblock?
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #16
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
No matter what you are going to have to upgrade the pistons if you want to go here. I still think if you are using a centi supeercharger or turbos the way to go is port. If you have a PD supercharger the port option really isn't there and it is nice to know that this option is available.
I'm going to be realistic and say you better have a sleeved block, with a billet crank and steel caps and studs and even with all that life of engine measured in hours not days or years.

Since the ZR1 is dual inject, I'm going to assume at this time next year all builds will be dual inject using a GM brain and wire harness.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #17
Rlhay2

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Since the ZR1 is dual inject, I'm going to assume at this time next year all builds will be dual inject using a GM brain and wire harness.
ZR1 has a different ECU and there would be compatibility issues using the GM setup. Per Ben @ Weapon X.
Rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #18
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlhay2 View Post
ZR1 has a different ECU and there would be compatibility issues using the GM setup. Per Ben @ Weapon X.
Note the "wire harness" and "next" year; GM comes out all the time with programmable ecus, and the after market will deliver one too.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #19
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
1400HP on a stock shortblock?
I'm pretty sure that is not a stock short block.

Quote:
I'm going to be realistic and say you better have a sleeved block, with a billet crank and steel caps and studs and even with all that life of engine measured in hours not days or years.

Quote:
Note the "wire harness" and "next" year; GM comes out all the time with programmable ecus, and the after market will deliver one too.
Yeah, that means the ZR1 supercharger has port injection bungs. I kind of agree that a resourceful person should be able to figure out a "GM" duel injection system once these parts are readily available. In theory the LT5 supercharger swap could be the bomb for HP nuts. Still waiting for all of this stuff to filter out to the public though.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #20
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I'm pretty sure that is not a stock short block.

Yeah, that means the ZR1 supercharger has port injection bungs. I kind of agree that a resourceful person should be able to figure out a "GM" duel injection system once these parts are readily available. In theory the LT5 supercharger swap could be the bomb for HP nuts. Still waiting for all of this stuff to filter out to the public though.
World works with positive thinking. IMO factory support is key to get parts into the race car.