Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #141
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
I wish GM would put a little more effort into cleaning up the look of the LT1, I hate those stupid plastic covers. I think the 5.0 looks a lot cleaner. That is the only thing I can find to complain about this car.
Me too! I've always hated those stupid covers on all cars! When I pop the hood I want to see all the bits and goodies. Even if they are ugly. Even worse is that on some cars they actually integrate required sensors or filters into the huge plastic shroud.

I was actually thinking about whether or not I should try to pull the shroud on one of the V6 models when it hits Portland on the tour. Figure I should just wait until I get my car to pull it off.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #142
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Anyone that wants to continue to doubt the visibility issue needs to look no further than the front view pictures of both cars in the article.

Mustang.......driver's chin is above the steering wheel

Camaro........driver's nose is above the steering wheel

And my point all along has been that SS buyers will forgive this as long as they have the better performing car.

People shopping the Camaro because it's a sporty coupe probably won't be nearly as forgiving.

Read this article from a neutral POV and it's basically telling you that the Camaro is the better performance car but the Mustang is the better coupe. Quieter, more comfortable, a more compliant ride, and easier to see out of.

Remember when you get away from the enthusiast website, the best performing car isn't necessarily the best selling car.

And as usual..............I hope I'm wrong.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #143
GTIanZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod302 View Post
Ironically I say keep twisting. Because we'd do the same to you. When the mod 5.0 dropped I'm sure the knives were drawn then, why should it be any different now that Camaro has the upper hand.
Haha great answer from a mustang owner.

You have a mustang in Japan? Or is your car stateside?

I lived in Japan for a couple years. Absolutely love the country..... Miss it and often think about moving back. Great car culture there and a lot of amazing cars (of course of the Japanese variety - one of my favorite cars all time is the 240z).
Old 10-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #144
GTIanZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Anyone that wants to continue to doubt the visibility issue needs to look no further than the front view pictures of both cars in the article.

And my point all along has been that SS buyers will forgive this as long as they have the better performing car.

People shopping the Camaro because it's a sporty coupe probably won't be nearly as forgiving.

Read this article from a neutral POV and it's basically telling you that the Camaro is the better performance car but the Mustang is the better coupe. Quieter, more comfortable, a more compliant ride, and easier to see out of.

Remember when you get away from the enthusiast website, the best performing car isn't necessarily the best selling car.

Yet, the camaro outsold the mustang 2010-2014 right? Only reason that's not true for 2015 is that the mustang got a refresh and the G6 camaro isn't yet available.

Camaro will outsell the mustang 2016.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #145
Danfish

Drives: 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Quote:

I think that may be because the way the seat is adjusted. In my mustang I keep the seat to the floor so you can barely see my head when I do that. And the new camaro seat is closer to the floor so maybe you can adjust it to be higher.
Danfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #146
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Honestly one of things I have never liked about the Mustang was the seating position is too high. Always made me feel cramped. With how much higher he is in that picture, looks like that remains true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #147
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
The only thing funny is the fact the Mustang had its ass handed to it in this review, the only people that can defend it in this scenario are fanboys. Accept defeat, and wait for the next round.
Yep...One guy on the "other" forum said that he was surprised that Motor Trend had so many nice things to say about the Mustang, and that the beat down by the Camaro wasn't that bad.

Basically, that since MT didn't totally sh*t on the GT, that somehow denigrates the awesomeness of the 2016 Camaro.

Total fanboy who is looking thru Mustang rose-tinted glasses.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #148
HotRod302

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Stationed in Sasebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Haha great answer from a mustang owner.

You have a mustang in Japan? Or is your car stateside?

I lived in Japan for a couple years. Absolutely love the country..... Miss it and often think about moving back. Great car culture there and a lot of amazing cars (of course of the Japanese variety - one of my favorite cars all time is the 240z).
This is my third tour in Japan which I love. Its tempered by my pisstivity at not being able to fully participate in the ponycar game when its on fire! I was in Iraq when the Coyote 5.0's started hitting the streets and missed out on the inital fun and games there as well. The Japanese love cars like you say but of course its not the same as home where the muscle cars roam. My Stangs are laid up in Hawaii for now.

Gotta say hats off to team Camaro for bringing one hell of a car to the enthusiasts. Ford is more like Apple. "We know what you want, but we're gonna give you what we think you should have". Unless Mustang sales take a dive Mustangers should expect no answer for this beastly Camaro.
HotRod302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:00 PM   #149
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Apparently this page is linked straight to the 6g website, and the Pill is at it again. Honestly, I'm a big fan of him. The false claims, data, and the inability to accept that the 5th gen and 6th gen just trounced the mustang.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:42 PM   #150
GTIanZ28

Absolutely hate that guy. Even when he is 100% wrong he claims that he is right. Twists words, mixes up stories, lies, insults, and overall acts like a pompous ahole. If I owned a mustang I'd have to find a different site to hang out on.

Hope he actually reads this. Douchbag.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #151
aspensilver

Drives: 1997 BMW 540I
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
Apparently this page is linked straight to the 6g website, and the Pill is at it again. Honestly, I'm a big fan of him. The false claims, data, and the inability to accept that the 5th gen and 6th gen just trounced the mustang.

He at leasts admits the SS has an advantage right now, I was shocked I got him to say that! Incredible.

I do think it's funny how many mentions thePill gets on this site, never seen a member from another forum get so many random comments on another forum. In 20 yrs we'll find out Ford and Chevy both pay him to keep the internet arguing and talking about these cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Are you referring to the Alpha platform? If you are, this is the first time I have heard it referred to as a "hard suspension".

From your reasoning, you seem to think that possible Mustang/Camaro customers are cross shopping these vehicles with a Camry or Accord. Nobody would do this unless trunk size is a top priority. Non-enthusiasts also care about driving dynamics. Chevy has produced the overall superior car (for now).

I will agree that for future model years Chevy might de-content some standard items to be options in the future.
I'm referring to the fact that the Camaro SS comes with the equivalent of the GTPP as standard. On the GT, you can get a harder suspension with the PP, or softer with non PP. Camaro doesn't have a marshmellow default as far as I know. The Alpha platform could be fitted with many types of suspensions, I am not making a comment about the Alpha platform, just Chevy's choice of soft/hard suspension.

I didn't say a thing about Camrys or Accords so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm just saying most buyers don't need or want a "Performance Pack" type suspension. I think Chevy would make more offering the Camaro at a lower price point with suspension/brake setup that most people would be fine with on the street, save them some cash. Let the buyers who want a performance suspension pay for that upgrade.
aspensilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #152
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspensilver View Post
I'm referring to the fact that the Camaro SS comes with the equivalent of the GTPP as standard. On the GT, you can get a harder suspension with the PP, or softer with non PP. Camaro doesn't have a marshmellow default as far as I know. The Alpha platform could be fitted with many types of suspensions, I am not making a comment about the Alpha platform, just Chevy's choice of soft/hard suspension.

I didn't say a thing about Camrys or Accords so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm just saying most buyers don't need or want a "Performance Pack" type suspension. I think Chevy would make more offering the Camaro at a lower price point with suspension/brake setup that most people would be fine with on the street, save them some cash. Let the buyers who want a performance suspension pay for that upgrade.
I would reserve that judgement for an actual test drive. We have seen several reviews mention smooth compliant ride in the SS without MRC. MRC is also the option that would make the ride even smoother for those who want a better city cruiser. The GTPP has even been described as not as harsh a ride as the 1LE. So don't think the GTPP is that hard of a suspension. Even a few 1LE owners have commented that it doesn't ride as bad as some make it out to be. Bottom line, the SS with MRC has the best of both worlds. Something which the Mustang does not offer.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #153
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Absolutely hate that guy. Even when he is 100% wrong he claims that he is right. Twists words, mixes up stories, lies, insults, and overall acts like a pompous ahole. If I owned a mustang I'd have to find a different site to hang out on.

Hope he actually reads this. Douchbag.
Haha. I never heard of the guy up until a week ago as I was on the Mustang forums. He literally acts like he has some undercover secret that will destroy GM and that he's holding his cards until it's time to play. I'm not sure if he knows or not, but less than .01 % of Camaro owners even read what he writes. His rambling is to stir the forum followers and that's about it. If you were to call every Chevy dealer, I bet only a handful even knows who he is. I read his crap in laughter. Guy is comical for sure. He's a troll and free thinkers like myself see right through people like him. I can't even imagine having him as one of my employee's. Jeezus.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #154
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I think he's kinda funny. I don't believe that he believes half the stuff he says. He complains about the weight of a car he will never buy and will show a stock Mustang GT it's tail lights in any race anywhere anytime.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote