Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
Devils950003

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red bolt View Post
I do have one issue with the ZL1.......when I'm not driving it, all I think about is when I get to drive it next.........when I am driving it I'm constantly thinking of reasons to stay in it. Other than that, it's OK I guess
I seem to have this problem too...I hear it tends to spike in the winter season...
Devils950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecross91 View Post
So Mr wynham you would say it is BadA$$ eh? I would recommend a good helmet and finding a local road race track.
I have a helmet...and I've yet to find a good local road-race track that's cheap enough to let us have real fun...Gingerman is about 7 hours away, through Canada, in Michigan...which isn't all that bad. But I'd prefer to go to, like...Watkins' Glen...but I don't think they let you go all-out.

If it wasn't for the GM media events, the closest I've come to road-racing the car was at the Camaro5Fest!

Quote:
I do have one issue with the ZL1.......when I'm not driving it, all I think about is when I get to drive it next.........when I am driving it I'm constantly thinking of reasons to stay in it. Other than that, it's OK I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils950003 View Post
I seem to have this problem too...I hear it tends to spike in the winter season...
I'm *this* close to visiting the doctors to look into this condition. It's borderline painful some days.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
jsd

Drives: 2012 ZL 1 #370
Quote:
+ 1 and now its winter
jsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #18
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
The starting price of a 2012 M6 coupe is $106,995. Weight: 4,244 pounds for the coupe.

The only problem with a BMW, is that the general public, I am pretty sure views "beamers" exactly the same way as they do Toyota Camrys.

Beamers are cars driven by: women, and people who work at a bank. (people who did not study engineering but buy things to look "cool". and people who have never had motor oil on their fingers.)

I love engineering. I love high tech. And I have an engineering degree.

But I probably will never be seen in a BMW during my lifetime. Those cars do not project anything "fun" or futuristic, or special. They look "corporate" looking, and bland and flavorless. They do not look exotic or special.

The car is strictly used to project the idea that you are wealthy, when 99 percent of the time, the person driving it is LEASING it. And they are NOT wealthy. I also see many BMW's wrecked from time to time.

BMW's usually are seen driving very fast on highways, but when they pass by, it is not different than seeing someone doing the same thing in a Toyota Corolla. The car is only cool to the person making the payments on it.

Way, way, too many WOMEN drive Bmw's. That's the main reason not to drive one. (Same reason applies as why a male should not drive a JETTA or a new Beetle.)

Notice: Big Mac started this thread, but has not returned to reply to anything. He only has one single post since May of 2012. That is odd to me.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #19
Devils950003

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
The starting price of a 2012 M6 coupe is $106,995. Weight: 4,244 pounds for the coupe.

The only problem with a BMW, is that the general public, I am pretty sure views "beamers" exactly the same way as they do Toyota Camrys.

Beamers are cars driven by: women, and people who work at a bank. (people who did not study engineering but buy things to look "cool". and people who have never had motor oil on their fingers.)

I love engineering. I love high tech. And I have an engineering degree.

But I probably will never be seen in a BMW during my lifetime. Those cars do not project anything "fun" or futuristic, or special. They look "corporate" looking, and bland and flavorless. They do not look exotic or special.

The car is strictly used to project the idea that you are wealthy, when 99 percent of the time, the person driving it is LEASING it. And they are NOT wealthy. I also see many BMW's wrecked from time to time.

BMW's usually are seen driving very fast on highways, but when they pass by, it is not different than seeing someone doing the same thing in a Toyota Corolla. The car is only cool to the person making the payments on it.

Way, way, too many WOMEN drive Bmw's. That's the main reason not to drive one. (Same reason applies as why a male should not drive a JETTA or a new Beetle.)

Notice: Big Mac started this thread, but has not returned to reply to anything. He only has one single post since May of 2012. That is odd to me.
I had a 1998 New Beetle and a 2001 New Beetle (the 2001 NB was a show car). I'm a 6' 1" workout guy who doesn't look like a typical NB driver, but at the time I did like the car quite a bit. A tow truck driver struck it while it was parked and totalled it just over 8 years ago.

I don't know, I think everyone should drive whatever the hell they want, whatever makes them happy, regardless of gender. I'm not a BMW guy, they're not really my thing, but if I liked them and really wanted one, I would buy one.

The car only has to be cool to one person: the guy or girl making the payments on it. If that person is happy, kudos to him or her...especially for not letting public opinion or approval wreck his or her fun.
Devils950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
Maybe he's on the Bimmer forum now....
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
BonestockZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Innovations View Post
Chic's could be drawn to u.....
Hence my sig pic!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big mac View Post
I'm considering a new ZL1 and I was wondering if there are any issues etc that I should be aware of? I'm thinking m6 coupe.

If you are going for a new vehicle purchase, there is a 3 year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper to give you peace of mind. Please let us know if you need help locating one.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service