Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #169
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Updated with official photos of the Transformers 4 "Concept Camaro"

Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #170
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Every redesign and update I see on this car makes me think they got it right the first time around in 2010.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #171
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
I'M CALLING IT RIGHT NOW.

Though this is obviously based on a fifthgen, THIS is similar to what the sixthgen will be. It will be a bit smaller, the roofline, A and C pillars will be a bit different, and it'll lose some of the hips, but that nose, grill, and those headlights will make it into production. GM isn't ready to unveil the true concept, but they ARE in bed with Michael Bay and they leaked a few key design points to test the waters. The film sixthgen is based on the previous model, just as the 2007 Bumblebee was built on a GTO.

Who's buying me a beer when I'm right?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #172
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Nobody Panic!!

There is no way this is 100% the 6th gen. But this is very cool and exciting stuff.

While I don't believe this is the 6th gen we are looking at here, there are a few elements that could maybe trickle over to the 6th gen perhaps? Like maybe a similar headlight design will make it to the 6th gen.

But I agree with some others when I say this looks like a concept look for the restyled 2014 5th gen...especially b/c of that narrow front grille.

My thoughts on this car:

-Love the headlights
-Don't love the big gaping mouth on the front. Don't get me wrong...a big air inlet on the front is always nice, but there needs to be more going on there. Fog lights, and some kind of front spoiler.
- The air duct on the side of the car should have been extended up higher...rest of the side looks fine as its basically 5th gen.
- Taillights are a mix of the 2014 refresh and the European tail lights. On their own I didn't like either, but combined they aren't too bad. Not completely awesome, but not bad either.

Overall, not bad. Headlights look a bit more futuristic, but the rest is no better than the 5th gen for sure.

my sentiment exactly.

delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #173
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
I'M CALLING IT RIGHT NOW.

Though this is obviously based on a fifthgen, THIS is similar to what the sixthgen will be. It will be a bit smaller, the roofline, A and C pillars will be a bit different, and it'll lose some of the hips, but that nose, grill, and those headlights will make it into production. GM isn't ready to unveil the true concept, but they ARE in bed with Michael Bay and they leaked a few key design points to test the waters. The film sixthgen is based on the previous model, just as the 2007 Bumblebee was built on a GTO.

Who's buying me a beer when I'm right?
I do agree that GM may be testing the waters on this one...and hopefully they are listening to us here. This is not the 6th gen, but there COULD be some cues here.

I see the headlights or something similar making it to production, but as they are here, they and the grille are too scrunched up. Fatten them up a bit.

No way that front end will make production. That big gaping mouth is doing it no favors. Shrink it up, change the outer edges somewhat, and throw some fog lights up there to add more character. They can be shaped to help tie in the head lights. The headlights are the only thing going for that front end...without it its just plain boring and almost silly.

As for the rest of the car, I stand by my previous comments above!

Oh, and is it just me, or does the car look like it stands higher off the ground than the current car? That is also throwing me off. This car needs to look low and wide. From front angle, the car looks rounded, fat, and tall.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #174
KMPrenger

Sorry, I just can't shut up on this....

So, I think part of what is making the car look fat and rounded from the front angle is the hood. The rise of the hood is rounded, instead of raised with edges like the 5th gen.

In my opinion, this should change. Car looks bloated...give it a hood with a slightly wider rise like the 2014 refresh, with the edges and less rounded curves. Hell, just put the '14 hood on it without the vent and it would be a nice improvement.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #175
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
From that pic even the vette looks like it is riding pretty high
Old 07-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #176
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Does nobody here realize the guy works for Audi now...?

And it's not like he's the only man on Earth capable of designing a Camaro.
Oh, That explains why the Audis are the hottest luxury cars out. every Audi model is sweet and the headlights and taillights are awesome on those too. Man he has all the t alent but I do love the cts-v and like the ATS as up there with Audi
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #177
HeadonaStick

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
I don't have the slightest idea if this is anything close to the 6th Gen machine; I'm new here so I don't know the history and I missed the discussion about GM from the experts, but this is what Porsche has done with the 911... hit on a look that works and then stick with it for years with just tweeks visually.

I like it, and I'd buy one.

It isn't like my current Camaro, but it shares design cues with my Camaro. That is the point.
HeadonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #178
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Wow, that looks really bad. I don't know how you can dismiss this as not being at least a peak into the design language of the sixth gen considering this was a GTO with Camaro concept panels from GM, but ended up very close to the actual production model.

trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #179
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Oh, That explains why the Audis are the hottest luxury cars out. every Audi model is sweet and the headlights and taillights are awesome on those too. Man he has all the t alent but I do love the cts-v and like the ATS as up there with Audi
The Audis in production today weren't designed by him.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #180
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Wow, that looks really bad. I don't know how you can dismiss this as not being at least a peak into the design language of the sixth gen considering this was a GTO with Camaro concept panels from GM, but ended up very close to the actual production model.

I think most agree it could be a peak.

But the difference is when the 5th gen concept was introduced there was no Camaro, so GM took the opportunity to ramp up excitement for the car and was able to reveal a lot about the car before production to grab more sales which worked wonderfully.

This time around they can't and won't reveal nearly as much very far ahead of time. We will be relying on spy shots, "inside" information or rumors, and as the time gets closer we will likely see teaser shots. Just like any other new car.

EDIT:....damn look at that yellow concept Camaro. 7 years after the concept was shown to us, and it still looks friggin HOT!

I don't care what anyone says...the 5th gen is just as high up there in styling as any other gen (actually my favorite)....its a classic in its own right.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #181
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I'd be willing to bet the DRLs are at least being considered for the 6th gen.

I still stand by what I've said before: don't expect a look into the 6th gen from Transformers 4. The 5th gen tie-in to the original Transformers movie was more of a coincidental occurrence than anything else.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #182
poSSum

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS 'vert
I see Code 130R in the headlights.
poSSum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation