Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #29
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
ok, I'll be the first to ask... Why does it have the two "dips" in the power graph?
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #30
Graham Behan

Drives: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
ok, I'll be the first to ask... Why does it have the two "dips" in the power graph?
The "dips" are gear shifts.

Graham.
Graham Behan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #31
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I think the MAF is the same as the LFX motor, expensive too !!!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
I pick up my 2014 Sierra Friday!!!!

I test drove it and man is it quiet in the cab or what? And Im no Ford fan and had co-workers telling me to get Dodge. Well I dont like Dodge. I prefer Chevy and GMC. Unfortunately the 2014 Chevrolet pickups look like shit. GMCs look terrific!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post

I test drove it and man is it quiet in the cab or what? And Im no Ford fan and had co-workers telling me to get Dodge. Well I dont like Dodge. I prefer Chevy and GMC. Unfortunately the 2014 Chevrolet pickups look like shit. GMCs look terrific!
Congratulations Wizard1183,

Great to hear that you're getting a new Sierra! You must be excited! Let us know how much you like it when you pick it up on Friday.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #34
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Jason, great intro to the new Gen V engine. Really enjoyed your info. However, one thing either you or Graham might comment on is the bell housing bolt pattern being different. At least at SEMA show the Gen V on display had the top/center bolt offset on the block; I assume to obtain room for the high press fuel pump. Seems to me that the older bell housings on manual and auto trannies will line up except for that bolt. What do you guys think?
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #35
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

Congrats.

I must be in the minority as I feel the new Chevys look just fine. Not completely awsome, but I think they are attractive.

Dodge still gets the nod on looks for me.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #36
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
I was really leaning toward the Dodge. I wanted one with the eight speed auto, but they are hard to find. When I did test drive one, it really seemed to shift a lot. This worried me about long term reliability on the trans. Dodge doesn't have a good history with auto trannys. Driving the GMC made my decision for me. Power is good, and fuel mileage is getting better the more miles I put on it. Also, it's the most comfortable truck I've ever driven.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #37
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Behan View Post
The "dips" are gear shifts.

Graham.

OK.. different way of measuring power than (over here they tend to do it in one gear).

I thought the "dips" were actually some kind of power losses like on a Honda engine when VTEC kicks in... But admitted, I didn't look at the scales on the graph either
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
OK.. different way of measuring power than (over here they tend to do it in one gear).

I thought the "dips" were actually some kind of power losses like on a Honda engine when VTEC kicks in... But admitted, I didn't look at the scales on the graph either
Our dynos here are typically done in a single gear as well, but on this truck I don't think there is any way to hold it in a single gear. I could be wrong though...not sure really!

Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #39
Wizard1183

Well, the Sierra is an excellent truck. I love it. Theres only one issue I have. AFM! Wtf were engineers thinking with this? It works when it wants to. Makes no sense. Up to 55mph it goes to V4 as long as you arent giving it gas or on cruise control. At 65 sometimes it goes on sometimes it doesnt. Its a shitty excuse to say you're saving gas. THey defintely need a manual mode. THis is my first AFM vehicle. Other than that, the truck is excellent. Quiet, comfortable,powerful and looks great!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #40
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Well, the Sierra is an excellent truck. I love it. Theres only one issue I have. AFM! Wtf were engineers thinking with this? It works when it wants to. Makes no sense. Up to 55mph it goes to V4 as long as you arent giving it gas or on cruise control. At 65 sometimes it goes on sometimes it doesnt. Its a shitty excuse to say you're saving gas. THey defintely need a manual mode. THis is my first AFM vehicle. Other than that, the truck is excellent. Quiet, comfortable,powerful and looks great!
The AFM in my 2007 Silverado was the same way not to mention it was noisy and you could feel it. In the long run on the older 5.3 it lead to premature wear (lifters & valve springs) and other issues. I honestly thing the new engines and supposed "new technology" will just have it's own set of new problems.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #41
Wizard1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
The AFM in my 2007 Silverado was the same way not to mention it was noisy and you could feel it. In the long run on the older 5.3 it lead to premature wear (lifters & valve springs) and other issues. I honestly thing the new engines and supposed "new technology" will just have it's own set of new problems.
Well, in this new engine, you feel absolutely no difference in it going between 4 and 8 cylinders. Its very smooth. But if the engine chooses random points to fire off just 4 or all 8, its not a revolutionary thing. Being brand new, my mpgs are still climbing. I have around 350 mi on the truck now since the weekend and its about 15-16 mpg thus far driving it at a "conservative" rate. I still think they need to go back to having a manual tranny option in trucks, because I'd have gone with the M6 in this as well.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #42
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I would assume the Range AFM Disabler would work on this engine. I have one on my 2008 Envoy Denali 5.3 that I'll move to the Camaro when I get it. Works fine.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation