Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #1
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Ceramic White Interior

Will probably be stepping down (laterally hopefully!) from my C6 to a Camaro 6 for the 2017 model year. I'm loving the Ceramic White interior, but I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea. Anyone have experience with an interior that white? I feel like new jeans probably wouldn't be an option....
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I'm sure it will look great, but I too would be worried about staining it.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
I talked to them at the reveal in May abut staining and they said they put it thru all kinds of testing and it holds up very well no different then say red or tan.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
LbulletM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
I talked to them at the reveal in May abut staining and they said they put it thru all kinds of testing and it holds up very well no different then say red or tan.
Hmmmmm, good to know! Good ask, too!

Sounds like it could be doable with some Scotch-guarding or automotive specific equivalent.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
fradaj

Drives: RS
My mother had a Cadillac with white leather interior. It stayed pretty clean. Even had an insurance adjuster mark it with a ballpoint pen and it came right off.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #6
LbulletM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
My mother had a Cadillac with white leather interior. It stayed pretty clean. Even had an insurance adjuster mark it with a ballpoint pen and it came right off.

Perfect! Sounds like ceramic white it is, then. Now I just gotta see blue velvet metallic, nightfall gray metallic, and mosaic black metallic in person!

I'm too lazy to look up the color code. Anyone know if nightfall gray metallic is the old cyber grey metallic from the Vettes or the new shark gray that they have on the Stingrays?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #7
mt3130

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
Perfect! Sounds like ceramic white it is, then. Now I just gotta see blue velvet metallic, nightfall gray metallic, and mosaic black metallic in person!

I'm too lazy to look up the color code. Anyone know if nightfall gray metallic is the old cyber grey metallic from the Vettes or the new shark gray that they have on the Stingrays?
Same colors I'm interested in!
Old 07-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #8
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
I talked with the company who is providing the leather for the seats. (Do not ask me who). They mentioned only darker color jeans wore overtime will get blue tints on the white in the long run. But if you're careful it shouldn't matter much.

I wear dark jeans daily and drive 200 miles each day for work a few days a week. Not going to chance it.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #9
LbulletM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Same colors I'm interested in!
Psh. Obviously the best ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I talked with the company who is providing the leather for the seats. (Do not ask me who). They mentioned only darker color jeans wore overtime will get blue tints on the white in the long run. But if you're careful it shouldn't matter much.

I wear dark jeans daily and drive 200 miles each day for work a few days a week. Not going to chance it.
Hmmmm. I have to wear dress pants to work, so that shouldn't be a problem. But on weekends I'm generally in jeans. Crap....

I wonder what kind of protection they make for automotive leather... Or do your guys have suggestions?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #10
SacraMaro

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, M6, NPP
Quote:
Will probably be stepping down (laterally hopefully!) from my C6 to a Camaro 6 for the 2017 model year. I'm loving the Ceramic White interior, but I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea. Anyone have experience with an interior that white? I feel like new jeans probably wouldn't be an option....
Performance wise I wonder if you will be disappointed?

2002 Black on Black Convertible Z/28, M6 History
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28, M6 History
1981 Gold Berlinetta, Auto History
1976 C10 Stepside, History
SacraMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #11
mt3130

Quote:
Psh. Obviously the best ones.

Hmmmm. I have to wear dress pants to work, so that shouldn't be a problem. But on weekends I'm generally in jeans. Crap....

I wonder what kind of protection they make for automotive leather... Or do your guys have suggestions?
You can set the dye in your jeans by adding a tablespoon of salt to the wash. Also, you can use rubbing alcohol to get dye off of white leather.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:02 PM   #12
LbulletM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacraMaro View Post
Performance wise I wonder if you will be disappointed?
I'm really, really hoping not. I was looking for insight on the exact same thing over in the vs forum. Fortunately(?) I only have an LS2, so I figure an extra 55 ponies and some sweet magnetorheological suspension action might make it about even. The Vette has Corsa sports, K&N intake, and a tune, so basically stock. The almost back seat and 15-20k cheaper price tag (compared to the ~$63k Stingray I was looking at with mrc, 2LT, pdr, and supplier discount) is probably a better bet with a new wife. The C6 was just supposed to hold me over for a C7 (picked it up April 2013), so I'm looking at one or the other in 2017.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:02 PM   #13
LbulletM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
You can set the dye in your jeans by adding a tablespoon of salt to the wash. Also, you can use rubbing alcohol to get dye off of white leather.
Noted! Thanks!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:13 AM   #14
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Looks great. (I do like the interior of this car), but don't wear Blue Jeans. My last Bimmer had a light tan interior and I'm a jeans kind of guy. What a PITA to keep clean.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote