Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #71
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
100% agree with every word.if you don't think of a camaro as muscle car than what do you think it is?a minivan?its a midsize sports coupe with a big V8 engine and muscular exterior design and aerodynamics; in words,muscle car.the only v8 American coupe I don't consider as a muscle car is the mustang and I believe that a lot of you guys agree with this.
A pony car
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #72
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
A pony car
What does that mean?I've heard it a lot amd I don't know what it means.lol
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #73
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
What does that mean?I've heard it a lot amd I don't know what it means.lol
Well...

Quote:
its a midsize sports coupe with a big V8 engine and muscular exterior design and aerodynamics
Although they started out more as compact cars.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #74
Tractionless

Drives: '03 Silverado
The way I've always seen it for the 60s and 70s cars:

Muscle car = RWD, big, heavy 2 door body, huge engine with brute power. Excels in acceleration. Examples would be: 442, Grand Sport, Chevelle, GTO, Gran Torino, Charger, Roadrunner, etc. "Simple, big and brutal."

Pony car = RWD, midsize 2 door body, engine size not all that important as long as it is quick and nimble. Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, 'Cuda, Challenger, Javelin, etc. Some big block pony cars might be considered "muscle cars" because of the brute power despite the smaller frame. "

Sports car = RWD, lightweight 2 door body, powerful engine. Expensive, top of the line gizmos, and curvy sporty styling. Examples: Corvette

Modern muscle is much more difficult to categorize since cars are a mixture of the old muscle and pony cars. Big blocks are gone, but the small blocks are producing insane hp. Also, cars aren't as basic and simple as 45 years ago, they now have every safety option available, power everything, leather heated seats, etc., ergo they are heavy despite having a pony car body; not as bulky as the old muscle cars. With all the amenities; comfortable and powerful, current Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers are more like Grand Tourers than Pony or Muscle cars. My .02.
Tractionless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #75
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
The way I've always seen it for the 60s and 70s cars:

Muscle car = RWD, big, heavy 2 door body, huge engine with brute power. Excels in acceleration. Examples would be: 442, Grand Sport, Chevelle, GTO, Gran Torino, Charger, Roadrunner, etc. "Simple, big and brutal."

Pony car = RWD, midsize 2 door body, engine size not all that important as long as it is quick and nimble. Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, 'Cuda, Challenger, Javelin, etc. Some big block pony cars might be considered "muscle cars" because of the brute power despite the smaller frame. "

Sports car = RWD, lightweight 2 door body, powerful engine. Expensive, top of the line gizmos, and curvy sporty styling. Examples: Corvette

Modern muscle is much more difficult to categorize since cars are a mixture of the old muscle and pony cars. Big blocks are gone, but the small blocks are producing insane hp. Also, cars aren't as basic and simple as 45 years ago, they now have every safety option available, power everything, leather heated seats, etc., ergo they are heavy despite having a pony car body; not as bulky as the old muscle cars. With all the amenities; comfortable and powerful, current Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers are more like Grand Tourers than Pony or Muscle cars. My .02.

I wonder what the 4th gen is not a pony car and definitely not a muscle car so.....?
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #76
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Better than a big horse.

Btw they are offering black bowtie, so...
Old 08-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #77
Tractionless

Drives: '03 Silverado
Quote:
I wonder what the 4th gen is not a pony car and definitely not a muscle car so.....?
Definitely more pony than muscle car, lightweight (around 3,500 lbs curb weight) and the LT1 & LS1 were pretty strong, from 275 all the way to 325hp, but not ridiculously powerful like the cars of today: ZL1 = 580hp, Shelby GT500 = 662hp, Challenger Hellcat = 707hp, which with that amount of power, they are in muscle car territory.

Last edited by Tractionless; 08-01-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Tractionless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #78
77Z85

Drives: 2013 RY SS Conv.
I don't believe my '77 RS says "Camaro" anywhere inside or out-although I could be wrong.
77Z85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #79
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
It's the Dodge Challenger that is seriously under-badged. Take the Hellcat-it doesn't have a "Challenger" badge anywhere inside or outside the car. Neither does it say "Hellcat" anywhere (just a cat head symbol). No engine call-out, no nothing, not even "Hemi" (except on the valve covers, if you open the hood). On the R/T's, there is no R/T badge on the rear, making it identical looking (from that angle) to the 6 cylinder. On the other hand, my ZL1 says "Camaro" on each front fender and came with 15(!) "ZL1" badges inside and outside the car. Feast or famine, I guess.
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #80
77Z85

Drives: 2013 RY SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Z85 View Post
I don't believe my '77 RS says "Camaro" anywhere inside or out-although I could be wrong.
Forgot the glovebox door.
77Z85 is offline   Reply With Quote