Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 08-19-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
crush_1LE

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE A10,2011 BMW 335d (Mod)
Question Code P2635 - Please Help

Hi!

First time poster here, hoping to get some good feedback!

CEL came on with code P2635 on my 2021 SS 1LE with ~7,000 miles. Drove it for several days after that and for the most part seems to drive normally (not sure if down on power at all) but with some intermittent starting issues and one significant instance of lurching, I'd think from fuel starvation maybe. After that lurching, I decided to stop driving it until I could get it to dealer.

I guess it could be a coincidence but this CEL came on the next time I started the car after hitting some road debris on the interstate (don't know what it was) that I think went underneath the car. I immediately pulled over and looked for any damage or leaking fluids and there weren't any. Later on, I got underneath the car and, as far as I was able to, I didn't see anything that looked damaged. I needed to get it to the dealer body shop soon anyways to get damage from previous road debris fixed (the frequency of significant road debris on the interstates near Salt Lake City is pretty f*ckin ridiculous. Both times were pretty unavoidable - I'm a good driver haha :P ). There was no mechanical damage from road debris that required body work. I told the body shop that there was a CEL and that I wanted them to take it over to the service department when they were done to get it checked but they took it upon themselves to plug in a reader and try to deal with the code themselves. They said it was due to "a fuel sending issue because I floored it while it was empty and I got an air bubble in it" and that it was "repaired." They didn't tell me how it was "repaired." I haven't driven it for several weeks now because it has been at the dealer. I haven't talked to service department about this yet.

So, to anyone with good technical know-how, does that sound possible at all? What would usually cause this code on a completely stock car?

Thanks!

Last edited by crush_1LE; 08-20-2021 at 08:43 PM.
crush_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:53 AM   #2
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Yeah, my 2017 ZL1 has been in the shop 6 times for it. They have replaced everything. The fuel pump, the fuel tank, the fuel pump controller, the tank pressure sensor, the BCM. It seems to trip the code in hot outdoor temps, when getting on it. GM has no answer for it, either. At this point, I consider a nuisance code.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:15 PM   #3
crush_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post
Yeah, my 2017 ZL1 has been in the shop 6 times for it. They have replaced everything. The fuel pump, the fuel tank, the fuel pump controller, the tank pressure sensor, the BCM. It seems to trip the code in hot outdoor temps, when getting on it. GM has no answer for it, either. At this point, I consider a nuisance code.
Oh geez... I hope that was all under warranty for you. What mileage did it first come on for you? I hope that isn't my case. I will try to pay attention to temps. It is currently in the dealer for it. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #4
gblaue

Yes, it was all under warranty. It's covered under the federal emissions 8/80 warranty. It started around 20k miles. Still isn't fixed. Last time it was in, they put a mechanical fuel pump on it and drove it till it turned on, while monitoring the fuel pressure measurement by the ECU. The fuel pressure will drop instantaneously for a couple of milliseconds, and the light turns on. So, they know that the fuel pressure sensor is behaving correctly, as verified on the mechanical gauge. I give up. Doesn't seem to affect how the car runs.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:11 PM   #5
crush_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post
Yes, it was all under warranty. It's covered under the federal emissions 8/80 warranty. It started around 20k miles. Still isn't fixed. Last time it was in, they put a mechanical fuel pump on it and drove it till it turned on, while monitoring the fuel pressure measurement by the ECU. The fuel pressure will drop instantaneously for a couple of milliseconds, and the light turns on. So, they know that the fuel pressure sensor is behaving correctly, as verified on the mechanical gauge. I give up. Doesn't seem to affect how the car runs.
Good. Oh, I didn't think fuel system stuff would be under the emissions warranty. Is there a list anywhere of what falls under the emissions warranty? I'm curious as to how the powertrain warranty compares to the emissions warranty. Ugh...pain in the ass. Thanks for the info. Is there a specific code reader or app that you or people in general like the best to use with the Camaro? Good to know if this just keeps coming on and I need to read and clear it.
Old 08-27-2021, 07:07 AM   #6
gblaue

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush_1LE View Post
Good. Oh, I didn't think fuel system stuff would be under the emissions warranty. Is there a list anywhere of what falls under the emissions warranty? I'm curious as to how the powertrain warranty compares to the emissions warranty. Ugh...pain in the ass. Thanks for the info. Is there a specific code reader or app that you or people in general like the best to use with the Camaro? Good to know if this just keeps coming on and I need to read and clear it.
Powertrain is anything that lubricated.

Emission is anything related to the emissions control. Fuel, EVP, ignition, CATs, etc. One could even make an argument for spark plugs.

Tags
code, fuel, p2635