Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #71
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I have received lots of thank yous. You are all welcome.

CPL recently got this review:

"Gotcha and thanks.

Yes I do find it useful for not only myself but for my retired mom who just got a cadlliac xt5. Those have no CD player and she is a cd person. So I made a USB with her fav CDs and she loves not having to change discs.

Thanks man."

Good to see other cars involved. The original CPL would only build playlists on a USB with playlist files. V1.0 adds support for cars that will only look at folders and will ignore the playlist files. Now it does both. For example my new daily beater Honda Accord only does folders. Let me know if more work in build formatting is needed.

I think my LG Android phone only likes folders, not sure though.

Working on CPL V1.1 which will give the user a way to opt out of a long running build. ON a slow USB connection with thousands of songs it can take a long time. The best thing to do there is to build with a HD folder and copy the contents of the folder to your USB or phone.

The Mac is still sitting there...... I need longer days.

I will set up a support email. so we can stop pmming here.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:11 PM   #72
Kaizer_911

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I have received lots of thank yous. You are all welcome.

CPL recently got this review:

"Gotcha and thanks.

Yes I do find it useful for not only myself but for my retired mom who just got a cadlliac xt5. Those have no CD player and she is a cd person. So I made a USB with her fav CDs and she loves not having to change discs.

Thanks man."

Good to see other cars involved. The original CPL would only build playlists on a USB with playlist files. V1.0 adds support for cars that will only look at folders and will ignore the playlist files. Now it does both. For example my new daily beater Honda Accord only does folders. Let me know if more work in build formatting is needed.

I think my LG Android phone only likes folders, not sure though.

Working on CPL V1.1 which will give the user a way to opt out of a long running build. ON a slow USB connection with thousands of songs it can take a long time. The best thing to do there is to build with a HD folder and copy the contents of the folder to your USB or phone.

The Mac is still sitting there...... I need longer days.

I will set up a support email. so we can stop pmming here.
That review looks familiar...lol

Suggestion for next version: When doing large moves, give us the option to ONLY do playlists.

Example - I copy my entire library (over 4,000 songs) to the drive manually. I then want the software to ONLY make the playlist files.
3100 - 05/25/16 | 3300 - 05/28/16
3400 - 05/31/16 | 3800 - 06/14/16, #125 Built!
4200 - 06/29/16 | 5000 - 06/29/16
6000 - 07/08/16 | Club F1FTY
Kaizer_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #73
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer_911 View Post
That review looks familiar...lol

Suggestion for next version: When doing large moves, give us the option to ONLY do playlists.

Example - I copy my entire library (over 4,000 songs) to the drive manually. I then want the software to ONLY make the playlist files.
Interesting idea! V1.1.

This would assume folder by artist.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #74
Fraxum

[QUOTE=Kaizer_911;

Example - I copy my entire library (over 4,000 songs) to the drive manually. I then want the software to ONLY make the playlist files.[/QUOTE]

After checking the CPL Beta did not copy songs if they are already there. The log shows exacly what happened with each song if you want to know. If I built a USB the hard way and then deleted the playlists, CPL rebuilds them in seconds. You can force a recopy if you want.

There is a new Progress window that shows whats going on.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #75
Kaizer_911

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
After checking the CPL Beta did not copy songs if they are already there. The log shows exacly what happened with each song if you want to know. If I built a USB the hard way and then deleted the playlists, CPL rebuilds them in seconds. You can force a recopy if you want.

There is a new Progress window that shows whats going on.

Gotcha. Cool thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3100 - 05/25/16 | 3300 - 05/28/16
3400 - 05/31/16 | 3800 - 06/14/16, #125 Built!
4200 - 06/29/16 | 5000 - 06/29/16
6000 - 07/08/16 | Club F1FTY
Kaizer_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #76
danomar

Drives: 2017 2LT V6
I truly appreciate all that you are doing. GM has not responded to my request.

I tried building a playlist several times but it never seemed to work for me.

I want to build a playlist with all songs that will shuffle by album. Do you think CarPlaylist will be able to do that?

And a Mac version would be nice, too.
danomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #77
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Hey Fraxum, thanx for putting this together. I've been lazy about porting my owned music to my car, and usually default to XM, but my subscription will expire soon. I figured it may be better to buy $80 worth of tracks on Amazon a year, and play some lossless tuneage instead.

Did you ever do a Youtube vid on the interface with the MyLink? I saw your screenshot of the app on page one of this thread, but would like to see how the file directories look in the car. Also, is there a download site for the app itself?

Thanks for any info,

Joel
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #78
Fraxum

TTT for version 1.1.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #79
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by danomar View Post
I truly appreciate all that you are doing. GM has not responded to my request.

I tried building a playlist several times but it never seemed to work for me.

I want to build a playlist with all songs that will shuffle by album. Do you think CarPlaylist will be able to do that?

And a Mac version would be nice, too.
What request did you send to GM?

I don't think it's possible to build a playlist to do what you want. Albums are part of metadata, like the Artist, track title, and genre. While myLink can definitely sort your library by any of those, it won't be able to shuffle all your albums (it would be able to shuffle any songs in the album after you picked a particular album). This is one of reasons I loathe iTunes standard file structure of making separate folders for albums instead of just using metadata to sort by albums. Their structure causes problems for any devices other than ones using iOS.

What you could do though is export all the songs to a playlist using Fraxum's program then shuffle the whole playlist.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:59 PM   #80
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
What request did you send to GM?

I don't think it's possible to build a playlist to do what you want. Albums are part of metadata, like the Artist, track title, and genre. While myLink can definitely sort your library by any of those, it won't be able to shuffle all your albums (it would be able to shuffle any songs in the album after you picked a particular album). This is one of reasons I loathe iTunes standard file structure of making separate folders for albums instead of just using metadata to sort by albums. Their structure causes problems for any devices other than ones using iOS.

What you could do though is export all the songs to a playlist using Fraxum's program then shuffle the whole playlist.
Yup Mylink shuffle works on USBs.

What I did was go through all (15,000) songs over a period of days rating each one I liked @ 3 or 4 stars on ITunes. Then created 2 Playlists out of them. The one 3 stars and above I call my "Radio Station". The 4 star playlist gets the most love from others. Songs move in and out over time.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:07 PM   #81
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Hey Fraxum, thanx for putting this together. I've been lazy about porting my owned music to my car, and usually default to XM, but my subscription will expire soon. I figured it may be better to buy $80 worth of tracks on Amazon a year, and play some lossless tuneage instead.

Did you ever do a Youtube vid on the interface with the MyLink? I saw your screenshot of the app on page one of this thread, but would like to see how the file directories look in the car. Also, is there a download site for the app itself?

Thanks for any info,

Joel
Yea, I was just going to start some youtubes today, but then I figured I'd get V 1.1 out the door. The playlist build cancel/progress dialog is a good option when you start to build something that might take hours.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #82
Fraxum

Thanks to a suggestion from a user, thinking about adding playlist building to CarplayList.

It would be fun. CPL could be so much simpler than iTunes. And if you could build them you should be able to play them too, right?

That would take a while, a V2 thing.

I think I can do a V1.2 that would connect to iTunes or Windows media player. That should help.

Last edited by Fraxum; 03-08-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:13 AM   #83
Fraxum

Still working on V1.2. Many thanks to Fox Starwing for the assist.

There are problems in V1.1 with Exported playlists currently and even some ITunes installations. Sorry to be crude but Apple s**ks. Still I have all my parts now to build a usable MacBook. Maybe this weekend.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:07 AM   #84
Fraxum

Sorry for the delay on V1.2. My day job and getting my SS ready for the spring T&Ts took up my weekend.

If you tried using exported Playlists or your ITunes did not connect this version should fix those problems and also Windows Media player support is added.