Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-19-2022, 10:42 AM   #1
Bigalamo

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Fueling issues LLT

Hey guys, I have a 2011 LS with the LLT and have been having fueling issues for a bit. A couple months ago, after a road trip, I went and got a car wash and at the end the Camaro started running extremely rough with a CEL, thick white smoke, ‘Reduced Engine Power’ and fuel was literally spilling out of the exhaust tips on both sides. Gave me these codes: P0306, P0303, P0087, P0089. I went ahead and swapped all 6 injectors and the fuel pressure sensor. Turned out one of the injectors from cylinder 1 wasn’t working, confirmed by swapping back’n’forth. So I closed it up with 5 new injectors and 1 old working one. Yesterday I did a really hard pull and the exhaust started popping like crazy on decel. CEL, white smoke, and reduced power came up again. This time it only showed codes: P0300, 0301, P0087, P0089. I dropped a new injector in and it runs much better, but it will keep dropping a CEL with just the P0301 code and doesn’t run AS smoothly as it should. It also has a heavy fuel smell. I swapped spark plugs between Cylinder 1 and 3, but it still is showing P0301. Not sure what to do now, so any suggestions?
Old 10-20-2022, 02:54 PM   #2
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
So you swapped the two plugs.
after running is number 1 still wet with fuel?
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:29 PM   #3
Bigalamo

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
So you swapped the two plugs.
after running is number 1 still wet with fuel?
Number 1 plug wasn’t ever wet, but I looked down into the cylinder and could see the piston was saturated.

Tags
fuel, injectors, llt, misfire, spark plug