Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Fuel
Bad fuel? 1 33.33%
Clogged injectors? 2 66.67%
Bad fuel pump? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2022, 02:29 PM   #1
Twrecks

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Bad Fuel? Clogged Injector? Bad Fuel Pump?

Hello there,

Proud new owner of a 2010 Camaro SS (LS3/TR6060) (stage 3 cam, headers, full exhaust) & new member on Camaro 5. Car made 470 wheel on a dyno jet.

I got an issue where the car starts to stutter/micro-stutter/miss under load. The car revs up normal It makes it’s first micro stutter at a consistent 2800rpm & more throughout the pull. NO CEL. Live data measured a 60psi-55psi on fuel pressure. The car does have a more noticeable “tick” at idle. This tick is not a lifter tick, rod knock, ect. Possibly a spark knock?

Before this instant, I went and got fuel at a local gas station and filled the car up. Within 6 miles after full-up, this issue has accrued. I’ve added multiple fuel stabilizers, seafoam, hoping to have an easy fix but still nothing.

I did also get this car back from a local tuner 3 weeks ago and has been running great with no issues. I strongly believe that this is not a tuning issue and more a fuel delivery problem.

My plan is to just take the injectors off and clean them. But I would also like to siphon the fuel out of the tank if it is bad fuel. Is there any way to siphon the fuel without dropping the tank? I really just need to find a way to trip the fuel pump. There is no relay under the hood to jump the fuel pump.

Any information would be helpful! Thank you.
Twrecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad fuel, fuel, missing, stuttering