Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Need help! Bmr rear lower control arms

Im installing the Bmr rear lower control arms as we speak. Well, got the stock control arm off, but now when I got to put the Bmr piece in, the holes dont line up! Such as if I put the bolt in the lower section, the top doesn't appear long enough. I know this isn't the case because the hole locations for the stock control arm and the Bmr one is the same, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the holes to line up.

Any help is much appreciated bc my car is sitting on jack stands now and is 9pm lol

Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Hmmm, I really don't know what to tell you, mine pretty much bolted up just fine, no problems at all. Wish I could help you out!!! Did you mark the inner eccentric bolt before you took them out? If you put the inner bolt in first, and then rotate it around, it will either give you a little more length or take it away. Did you buy the adjustable control arms?
Attached Images

blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
In that pic it looks like your wheel is touching the LCA lol...

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
i think there is one made for lowered cars and one that wasnt. might be your problem
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
i think there is one made for lowered cars and one that wasnt. might be your problem
I hope not because I'm lowered and have not had a chance to put my LCAs on yet so i hope i got the right ones.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Lift the spindle up.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Thanks for the replys everyone. I had the same idea ans tried lifting the spindle up with a 2nd jack, but while it went up, it did not go in enough towards to slip the bolt in. I ended up putting the wheel back on, took the jack stand out, and lowered the car to load the suspension which finally pushed the spindle in enough to make the top bolt thread through.

In the end I'm pretty sure I am the culprit though as I originally only lifted the right side of the car up. I believe the stress on the sways torqued the suspension enough that it pushed the spindle away from the car when I finally got the lower bolt off during the removal of the stock piece.

I called it quits after getting the right side bolted up since it was after 10.

Tomorrow I will put the entire rear end up on jack stands before I remove the left side.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Sounds like you got it figured out. If you ever run into a problem don't hesitate to give us a call. A lot of times we are so busy that we aren't able to make it on the boards. If there is anything I can do to help you out let me know.

Kyle
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Thanks Kyle.

And yes, I put the left on last night and it went on much easier.

Great local FL product!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
Thanks Kyle.

And yes, I put the left on last night and it went on much easier.

Great local FL product!
No problem, if you ever want to head over to Tampa you can come by and pick up your BMR Suspension products directly from us.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
camaroRND2

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS 6sp.
found my popping noise after months of driving around and being to lazy to crawl underneath the car to actually see it. driver side rear spring and end link touching i have hotchkis adjustable end links waiting back home but after looking at this thread since my car is lowered should i be looking at LCA. heres a pic to show what some issues they many are probally experiencing.
camaroRND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
musclecar70
musclecar70

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS
Send a message via AIM to musclecar70
hey guys just installed the bmr shortened rear control arms, trailing arms, and toe rods, and the lg g5 drop of 1.5 inches all around
i got new tires and alignment done

it handles terrible what might be the problem? it feels a bit wobbly and the traction control turns at safe speeds on turns, rear is slipping almost..feels unsafe and handles poorly...
any suggesiton on a potential issue?
musclecar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #13
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Do you have bushings yet?

Sounds like you have tightened everything up and you still have the squishy rubber bushings.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #14
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Sounds like you got it figured out. If you ever run into a problem don't hesitate to give us a call. A lot of times we are so busy that we aren't able to make it on the boards. If there is anything I can do to help you out let me know.

Kyle
OK, Kyle which ones are the "for sure" LCA's for lowered cars?

And do they need to be adjustable?