Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #15
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
I dropped it into 3rd at 65-70 mph on the freeway at WOT and lit up the tires. First thought, this will do just fine.
Hmmmmmm.... I'm highly tempted to call BS on that one. Maybe we don't know the full extent of your build...but slapping a Heartbeat supercharger on a Camaro is not going to "lite them up" at 70 mph on a freeway.

It takes a hell of a lot of power to lite up the tires at 70mph.

Nevertheless...I'm sure the Heartbeat is an awesome charger.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #16
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
Hmmmmmm.... I'm highly tempted to call BS on that one. Maybe we don't know the full extent of your build...but slapping a Heartbeat supercharger on a Camaro is not going to "lite them up" at 70 mph on a freeway.

It takes a hell of a lot of power to lite up the tires at 70mph.

Nevertheless...I'm sure the Heartbeat is an awesome charger.
You are correct, you don't know the full extent of the build or the conditions at the time.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
yenkostyle

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
You are correct, you don't know the full extent of the build or the conditions at the time.
.....And he has an lsa with a cam and other goodies from ADM and GPI not a "just a heartbeat" or a heartbeat at all for that fact
yenkostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:35 AM   #18
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenkostyle View Post
.....And he has an lsa with a cam and other goodies from ADM and GPI not a "just a heartbeat" or a heartbeat at all for that fact
Shh, you are giving away my secrets.

BTW, never claimed to have a Heartbeat.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #19
yenkostyle

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
Shh, you are giving away my secrets.

BTW, never claimed to have a Heartbeat.
Aww man, I was tagging on to your post to cc-rider.... not challenging a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g you've said
yenkostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #20
jrhagen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenkostyle View Post
Aww man, I was tagging on to your post to cc-rider.... not challenging a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g you've said
No problem. And just to clear up some doubts, conditions and tire selection had a lot to do with the outcome on the freeway that evening. It surprised the hell out of me and the ZR1 next to me who wanted to race.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:04 PM   #21
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Fair enough. Sounds like you have a stout ride there.

Just wanted to make sure the OP (or others reading this) knows that slapping a supercharger on will NOT result in 70 mph burnouts.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #22
drago

Drives: 2015 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
What is the intended use for the vehicle? There are alot of factors that should guide you toward the right system for YOU.

I'd love to help anyway that you need. Call email or PM me anytime.

All the best,

Jared Royce
the car is street driven, i just love having all that power available and before i get the zl1 comments i also love my 1le's handling
drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #23
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Intense View Post
My Heartbeat gets installed next week so I am anxious to feel the results....won't know for 5-7 days though as I am having it primed and powder coated bright yellow before the install.

For those of you who have had a supercharger installed or installed one yourself, what was the first thing that went through your mind the first time you drove it after? How noticeable was the change?

I would be curious to hear your experiences...
If you really have to ask how noticeable the change is going to be, I am curious why you are having one installed and what you really know about what's is happenig with your engine. Just saying.....
Old 06-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #24
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
If you really have to ask how noticeable the change is going to be, I am curious why you are having one installed and what you really know about what's is happenig with your engine. Just saying.....
4 year old thread lol
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:40 AM   #25
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Intense View Post
My Heartbeat gets installed next week so I am anxious to feel the results....won't know for 5-7 days though as I am having it primed and powder coated bright yellow before the install.

For those of you who have had a supercharger installed or installed one yourself, what was the first thing that went through your mind the first time you drove it after? How noticeable was the change?

I would be curious to hear your experiences...
You will think someone has welded another four cylinders to her. I had the Magnuson Heartbeat fitted in early 2018 (admittedly with some other minor support mods) but even at just 7lbs boost (I wanted it "usable") the difference in launch and mid-range is mind-boggling. The acceleration is staggering and it delivers all the way through the band. No mechanical issues with it at all and it looks like it was factory fitted - it's great kit. My only advice? - Get your rear-end sorted pronto - bushes, links, trailing arms etc - these are just tasty morsels for the blown LS3...
Have a ball!