Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-21-2024, 10:56 PM   #1
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Mid corner oversteer and how it relates to toe

Spent way too much time on this forum searching for 2 hours and now I'm just overly confused. Alignment tomorrow morning and want to make sure I use appropriate terminology Can someone please help me clarify?

Attached is my current setup. Mid corner/corner exit over steer is an issue aka the ass end is kicking out. Based on the track prep guide and my setup I'm trying to determine what I want to do with my rear toe.

1) Am I understanding correctly that GM actually prefers toe in (positive toe)? If I'm reading the track prep guide correctly GM states .1°+/- . 05° positive toe for front and rear.

2) how should I interpret mid corner over steer and corner exit over steer toe settings recommendations as it relates to my setup? Should I add more positive toe in the rear to help with this?

3) Regarding toe: toe in is positive and toe out is negative, correct ?

Thanks in advance. It's getting late and my brain is tires and I just want to make sure that I ask for the right rear toe tomorrow morning. I've come to the conclusion that my toe setup might be backwards but I'm not entirely sure
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:14 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I know my limitations, so I can't help ya. But reposting this in the Brakes/Chasis/Suspension forum or ask any of these guys and I'll bet they can help you out.https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622759
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:59 AM   #3
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Yes, + toe is in, - toe is out. GM probably recommends positive toe because it's safer. I would use 0 toe at the front or slightly negative, and slightly positive or 0 in the rear.

Mid corner oversteer could be a number of issues and can be fixed in a number of ways.

I think it's good to have mid corner oversteer because it allows you to rotate the car through the corner quicker and lets you get on the power earlier than if you were understeering. Negative toe up front is good for initial turn in for corners, you are probably going to want to play with sway bar settings or camber for mid corner oversteer (stiffen front relative to rear or reduce camber)
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 08:10 AM   #4
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Looks good, you may be able to get a bit more camber up front though, 2.6 is usually possible.

Rear + toe (toe-in) will reduce understeer mid and at corner exit like the chart says, which makes sense if you think about it, the outer rear wheel is angled in just a little.