Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 02-26-2018, 06:26 PM   #15
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bowties View Post
I got to admit this is pretty impressive...
I agree, although it is pretty weak sauce not disclosing all the mods until they were pressed for it.

This season I have added headers (deleted cats also) and dumped 39lbs of rotating weight going from a 20" drag pack to 17's.
Something tells me dem '18 GT 3 mod br0's will still be seeing taillights at Atco this year.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #16
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph93lx View Post
Lol Engine and tranny break also on new 6th gen camaro like Mustang and other cars and that's don't make the car unreliable because of few defects.

We are running automatic s550 in 9's at 150mph on the same stock axleshafts. It's just a part defect!
Don't worry even some performance Ford parts seller are advising to change the axleshafts on A10 because of this single failure for obvious reason $$$

Don't need excuse I know it will run 10.80's or better in great DA with e85 or 94 pump gas here with just tune/cai/full exhaust/drop spring & 26"drag pack and stock 3.15 gear. No ported aftermarket intake or throttle body. Ok maybe with passenger and rear seat remove lol
The converter It's just for icing on the cake.

Don't worried Steeda run at 10.98 126+mph is far away from your best mph and e.t. on your bolt-ons fast list......oops It's only .13 from your time and equal the only 126mph + in your list. All that in +1400 vs your - DA and thats with very few bolt-ons car that went to the track already!

I know I know It's a manufacturer car on a rent track but
Wait for north USA and Canada track open in 1-3 months. It's gonna be fun!
I went faster than this car in +1000 DA my first time to the track with my setup. In fact ive only had two limited track days with it and very little tuning. My -DA night I nearly smacked the wall my last pass and only hooked twice. Track went away after the first hour and was unsafe. I can go faster this year on the same setup if I choose to invest the time. But money is tight for me this year. I could drop another tenth or two with a gear and a proper tb. But our aftermarket is limited. Which makes me laugh at the timeframe and list arguments. You have a big aftermarket advantage. With equally modding the cars with what they need its a close race. The guy above me went 10s with a full stock exhaust and no drag pack. he swapped in an m6 gear.
You already have more mods available than we do. We didn't even have e85 for a year. And I still cant even buy so much as a gear. Not to mention the volume of people buying and tracking them.

Do you find lowering springs a worthwhile mod? No loss in traction?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #17
Steph93lx

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I agree, although it is pretty weak sauce not disclosing all the mods until they were pressed for it.

This season I have added headers (deleted cats also) and dumped 39lbs of rotating weight going from a 20" drag pack to 17's.
Something tells me dem '18 GT 3 mod br0's will still be seeing taillights at Atco this year.

If you get the same Atco -1600 DA you will fly for sure!!
We get the same crazy DA time to time in Montreal area. We are lucky!!

I don't know if you talking about a particular bro but if It's the one I think, for sure it will see your taillight Lol.

The hidden mods is a problem on all sides Mustang, Camaro etc.
I list All my mods even if they are not really performance oriented others will forget to put race seats/deleted catback removal etc lol.

My own custom tune using Hp tuner, CAI, ARH 1" 7/8 LT headers and 3" off road x pipe connected to stock 2.5" axleback and active muffler, Etx18 battery. 3725 lbs raceweight

SOLD!!!! 2015 300A GT M6. Best with stock intake manifold N/A bolt-ons 11.074@123.64 mph* 1.525 60Ft,* -1056 DA . BEST MPH* 124.39 mph
Steph93lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #18
Steph93lx

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I went faster than this car in +1000 DA my first time to the track with my setup. In fact ive only had two limited track days with it and very little tuning. My -DA night I nearly smacked the wall my last pass and only hooked twice. Track went away after the first hour and was unsafe. I can go faster this year on the same setup if I choose to invest the time. But money is tight for me this year. I could drop another tenth or two with a gear and a proper tb. But our aftermarket is limited. Which makes me laugh at the timeframe and list arguments. You have a big aftermarket advantage. With equally modding the cars with what they need its a close race. The guy above me went 10s with a full stock exhaust and no drag pack. he swapped in an m6 gear.
You already have more mods available than we do. We didn't even have e85 for a year. And I still cant even buy so much as a gear. Not to mention the volume of people buying and tracking them.

Do you find lowering springs a worthwhile mod? No loss in traction?
10's with stock exhaust in -1600 still Impressive do. I don't have access to e85. I run pump 94 octane . May try a bit of torco octane boost if needed.

S550 except 2018 with pp1 seem to be seating a bit higher than Camaro but I can be wrong.
We get better aero with a small drop. To be honest I did not gain or loose any 60ft with spring vs oem.

The key is to not stiffen a lot the spring compare to the oem in the front. In fact the best spring for drag is a softer front and a bit stiffer rear than oem. But I like to take curve so I went with a bit stiffer spring front and rear with a slight drop.

I understand the tight budget. For sure there's more left in your car!

We agree both cars with bolt ons are fast. We just disagree on the fastest. For sure It's close. I know you don't like converter but both car on aftermarket converter I thing the gap will be bigger in favor of the 2018 Mustang GT smaller displacement engine.

When the 2019 SS specs will be out?

My own custom tune using Hp tuner, CAI, ARH 1" 7/8 LT headers and 3" off road x pipe connected to stock 2.5" axleback and active muffler, Etx18 battery. 3725 lbs raceweight

SOLD!!!! 2015 300A GT M6. Best with stock intake manifold N/A bolt-ons 11.074@123.64 mph* 1.525 60Ft,* -1056 DA . BEST MPH* 124.39 mph

Last edited by Steph93lx; 03-03-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Steph93lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:13 PM   #19
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
If you get the same Atco -1600 DA you will fly for sure!!
We get the same crazy DA time to time in Montreal area. We are lucky!!

I don't know if you talking about a particular bro but if It's the one I think, for sure it will see your taillight Lol.

The hidden mods is a problem on all sides Mustang, Camaro etc.
I list All my mods even if they are not really performance oriented others will forget to put race seats/deleted catback removal etc lol.
I love me some cold Canadian air in the fall, it sprinkles pixie dust at Atco and it's like an Oprah show..."You get a PR, and You get a PR" etc....and it goes well with my Mooshead afterwards too.

I have my sights set on 2 diehard Ford boys, EcoBeast aka "Corvette Killer" and BlueBeast internet smack talker. In reality most guys at the track are cool, we all just want to go fast...it's the forums that create all the buzz.

The hidden mods have been around forever, both sides do it...some more than others.

I am impressed that they hit 10's with a 7.11 1/8th, that is moving for sure. Interesting that they did the 4.09 swap also, the early results made me think that they would have needed a converter to get there but I guess they would have proved me wrong. It's going to be a fun year and the new GT is gonna hurt some feelings.

If Al O has been paying attention, I think the 2019 Camaro SS could use the 3.27 diff (or option it at least) that is in the V6 1LE cars along with the A10, they are both off-the-shelf parts and they don't need to do anything else...it would be a true 11 second of the 'floor car. My .02

Side note; I'll keep an eye out for your progress with your new ride, good luck man.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #20
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
4.10 gear: nothing to gain there in fact others 2018 gt had better 60ft with stock headers and 3.15 gear but it was in better DA, noting to offsett the long tube headers gain do.
Actually, they needed the 4.10s to help get the car moving. You don't just install 4.10s in a car for no reason bro.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:21 PM   #21
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
You would not believe the crap I took from the Mustang crowd when I swapped to 4.10 from 3.15’s. All the know it alls claimed it did nothing or made the car slower. My slips showed it was worth about a .1 ... I was denounced as a heretic for claiming such.

Gears don’t make a huge improvement like they did in the past, but when looking to go 10.99 rather than 11.05 they can be the push needed. You can hear how much better the car sounds in the 60’ if you listen to Steedas video.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:55 PM   #22
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I love me some cold Canadian air in the fall, it sprinkles pixie dust at Atco and it's like an Oprah show..."You get a PR, and You get a PR" etc....and it goes well with my Mooshead afterwards too.

I have my sights set on 2 diehard Ford boys, EcoBeast aka "Corvette Killer" and BlueBeast internet smack talker. In reality most guys at the track are cool, we all just want to go fast...it's the forums that create all the buzz.

The hidden mods have been around forever, both sides do it...some more than others.

I am impressed that they hit 10's with a 7.11 1/8th, that is moving for sure. Interesting that they did the 4.09 swap also, the early results made me think that they would have needed a converter to get there but I guess they would have proved me wrong. It's going to be a fun year and the new GT is gonna hurt some feelings.

If Al O has been paying attention, I think the 2019 Camaro SS could use the 3.27 diff (or option it at least) that is in the V6 1LE cars along with the A10, they are both off-the-shelf parts and they don't need to do anything else...it would be a true 11 second of the 'floor car. My .02

Side note; I'll keep an eye out for your progress with your new ride, good luck man.
Dude your a clown. When our cars were running similar times (mid 11s) I never heard a peep out of you. NOTHING! CRICKETS! Because you knew I’d out drive you! Now you've finally added enough mods that your a 10 second car. And only now your talking shit? How bout this? I’ll bring the fastest mustang I own down. You can take a shot at that. Interested in taking a run at the internet shit talker? Your popping off all big and bad now. You should be able to handle anything I have to throw at ya. The relic I’ll show up in is just another lightly modded 95 GT.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:55 AM   #23
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
He just called you a smack talker. Which you have done in the past. Which plenty of us have done. You act like he slapped your mom. He knows you are on this forum and would see that. to me it looked like he baited you with a little smack talk of his own to get you to race. Chill out man

I think the real reason you’re angry is because he would gap that ass kinda funny you gonna bring a race car to go against a comparable car to your s550. Weak sauce imo

He’s not a clown actually far from it. Good guy for sure
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:54 AM   #24
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
So when Camaro6 guys cherry picks a race. Calling out an 11.5 & 12.0 car in their 11.0 car. It’s all good. A mustang guy is willing to give you a race . That’s not to your advantage. And then it’s out of bounds. That’s the weak sauce. My friend! Some one in my forum said people over here were calling me out. So here I am. Now I need to chill. He either wants to race or he don’t. What’s the difference between my 95 and home boys Camaro. Stripped interior. Both cars. He’s running a 6.2. My lil race car is only running a 5.9. And my 95 is just as street legal as he is. So come gap that ass. Or not.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:30 AM   #25
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

I was searching for gaping asses and got sent here, what’s going on?
Old 02-27-2018, 04:05 AM   #26
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I was searching for gaping asses and got sent here, what’s going on?
Were you looking for a cure for yours...??
Old 02-27-2018, 04:08 AM   #27
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

No but... If I were you’d be the first person I’d ask.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:32 AM   #28
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
No but... If I were you’d be the first person I’d ask.
Apparently not considering you were searching the internet for it.