Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #57
Bigdave18629

Drives: 2016 White 2SS Vert A8 Maggie S/C
Just an FYI, He has not responded to my e-mails or communications through Pay-Pal since my last post here. I have escalated the claim with Pay-Pal and put in their hands to resolve. He committed to a refund in his last communication to me on 1/24 and neither I or Pay-Pay has received a response since with nearly daily attempts on my end.

I will withhold my opinions, just stating facts. It is very frustrating since they have had my money since the first of Nov. If things change I will let you know.
Bigdave18629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #58
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
He did honor my refund a couple weeks ago. I do believe I would have received my good eventually, I just didn’t want to wait any longer. I did end up ordering a similar hood off of carid.com made by amerihood that has a functional ram air and heat extractors in it. I did some research and the reviews were pretty good as far as the quality so I went for it. Ended up paying $696 shipped for it since they price matched the lowest online place I could find. Hoping the quality is there but if not I have experience working with fiberglass and can likely touch it up.

Either way, with the price difference I was able to order a set of led side markers and the ikon rear spoiler.

I do truly believe Mark is a stand up guy. I think sometimes if you try to get too big too fast these things can happen. That’s just an assumption, but regardless if I knew in the future that he started making items and stocking them to be shipped right away, I would still buy from him since I do like his unique parts.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #59
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
He did honor my refund a couple weeks ago. I do believe I would have received my good eventually, I just didn’t want to wait any longer. I did end up ordering a similar hood off of carid.com made by amerihood that has a functional ram air and heat extractors in it. I did some research and the reviews were pretty good as far as the quality so I went for it. Ended up paying $696 shipped for it since they price matched the lowest online place I could find. Hoping the quality is there but if not I have experience working with fiberglass and can likely touch it up.

Either way, with the price difference I was able to order a set of led side markers and the ikon rear spoiler.

I do truly believe Mark is a stand up guy. I think sometimes if you try to get too big too fast these things can happen. That’s just an assumption, but regardless if I knew in the future that he started making items and stocking them to be shipped right away, I would still buy from him since I do like his unique parts.
So that amerihood hood looks just like the skorpion hood even the under design looks the same. Be careful most of these places are just drop shippers and are offering products from other companies sold under one name. This very well could be the skorpion hood and you are still at the mercy of 6le time frames.. Unless they physically stock them.

Not saying thats how it is but its possible.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #60
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
February 11th will mark 6 months since I paid for my ZL1 1LE Spoiler. Mark seems pretty confident the spoiler will ship soon and I'm sure they will but after the 11th my money will no longer be protected through PayPal.

Mark's been great to deal with and has offered me compensation for my long wait multiple times in multiple different ways. But still I like knowing my money is protected just in case. I'll probably give it a couple days and see if I'm given tracking info, if not I'll ask Mark to renew my invoice just in case.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #61
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
So that amerihood hood looks just like the skorpion hood even the under design looks the same. Be careful most of these places are just drop shippers and are offering products from other companies sold under one name. This very well could be the skorpion hood and you are still at the mercy of 6le time frames.. Unless they physically stock them.

Not saying thats how it is but its possible.
Does the scorpion hood have the heat extractors too? This does if you look at the pictures. Also, I was worried about that but I ordered it January 24th and I have a tracking number already and it should arrive next Wednesday the 7th. I was very pleased to get a tracking number within 7 days.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #62
Dustya

Quote:
Does the scorpion hood have the heat extractors too? This does if you look at the pictures. Also, I was worried about that but I ordered it January 24th and I have a tracking number already and it should arrive next Wednesday the 7th. I was very pleased to get a tracking number within 7 days.
Yeah I noticed the heat extractors later... I would say this is very much copying marks hood maybe with the heat extractors it stays outside any patents he has on the design... Nice to have options but really lame in the same aspect as its clearly a copy design. Also it doesnt have the rear opening like the skorpion hood.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:18 AM   #63
Dustya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arugon View Post
February 11th will mark 6 months since I paid for my ZL1 1LE Spoiler. Mark seems pretty confident the spoiler will ship soon and I'm sure they will but after the 11th my money will no longer be protected through PayPal.

Mark's been great to deal with and has offered me compensation for my long wait multiple times in multiple different ways. But still I like knowing my money is protected just in case. I'll probably give it a couple days and see if I'm given tracking info, if not I'll ask Mark to renew my invoice just in case.
Yeah the paypal protection is important renewing invoice is a good way to go about it. And Mark shouldnt have a problem doing it he will take another hit of 2.9% in paypal fees but thats probably negligible at this point.

I ordered 5 items on October 12-21st and I am still patiently waiting.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #64
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
Yeah I noticed the heat extractors later... I would say this is very much copying marks hood maybe with the heat extractors it stays outside any patents he has on the design... Nice to have options but really lame in the same aspect as its clearly a copy design. Also it doesnt have the rear opening like the skorpion hood.
It definitely looks a little similar. It looks like Marks isn’t the same underneath at all though. This one has a channel that puts the air directly to the air box area. I do plan on modifying mine slightly. My thing is though, for the price and the fact that it shipped within a week, I took the risk. It does suck because I would much rather give my money to small business, I just didn’t want to wait any longer.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:38 AM   #65
Bigdave18629

Quote:

Man, 6 months is a long time to wait....I agree Mark has offered compensation with some free parts due to the long wait. All I wanted was the parts I ordered and some line of communication. What really bothers me the most is the lack of communication and clarity, not to mention the parts that don't ship continue to go on sale.....where is all the money going if parts haven't shipped for 6 months? Not making an accusation, but it doesn't sit well. I have been burnt too many times in business, and I know my customers a upset if I am a week late, let alone 6 months...I would be out of business. Maybe if I get money back, I will be a customer once I have some confidence back.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #66
Bigdave18629

[QUOTE=Eyefixstuff;10063193]He did honor my refund a couple weeks ago.

How long did it take to get your refund, the fact I am over a week since my request and I haven't heard anything is a bit concerning.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #67
Bigdave18629

Quote:

Would love to see a pic on the car when you get it. I hadn't heard of that one before.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:02 AM   #68
Eyefixstuff

[QUOTE=Bigdave18629;10063989]
Quote:
He did honor my refund a couple weeks ago.

How long did it take to get your refund, the fact I am over a week since my request and I haven't heard anything is a bit concerning.
I opened the PayPal claim the 21st, last email with him was the 23rd and he said it would be a few days and he would credit me, but it was done the next day on the 24th. He definitely isn’t like stealing anyone’s money or anything like that. I just think he has a bunch of unfortunate things happening all at once so his communication may be off because of it.

I’ll definitely post some pictures when I’m done. In a new thread though.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #69
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdave18629 View Post
Man, 6 months is a long time to wait....I agree Mark has offered compensation with some free parts due to the long wait. All I wanted was the parts I ordered and some line of communication. What really bothers me the most is the lack of communication and clarity, not to mention the parts that don't ship continue to go on sale.....where is all the money going if parts haven't shipped for 6 months? Not making an accusation, but it doesn't sit well. I have been burnt too many times in business, and I know my customers a upset if I am a week late, let alone 6 months...I would be out of business. Maybe if I get money back, I will be a customer once I have some confidence back.
I emailed him today since I haven't gotten any tracking info yet. Not sure what the situation is but I asked him to renew the invoice, if that isn't possible then to refund the original invoice and send me a new one.

Not that I don't trust Mark, but I can't in good financial conscience have my money not be protected.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #70
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
I emailed him today since I haven't gotten any tracking info yet. Not sure what the situation is but I asked him to renew the invoice, if that isn't possible then to refund the original invoice and send me a new one.

Not that I don't trust Mark, but I can't in good financial conscience have my money not be protected.
Good luck getting a response again
Emailed 3-4 times this week with no response
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote