Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #15
ClaunchOfficial

Drives: 2024 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Well, I don't know about this.

On my 99 Z28 ~ 350 Factory HP, I did a intake LID, TB, MAF and Smooth Bellow. Still using stock exhaust and stock tune, and I DEFINITELY felt an improvement. No its not LIGHTYEARS better, but it is noticeably more responsive.
Lol in 99 things were different and gains came from bolt ons. Now cars from the factory are pushed to the limit and not much left to gain. Example headers and exhaust used to get some serious gains. Now factory has a short tube header and the exhaust flows really well so not much if any gains in exhaust now and the cost in aftermarket is out there for what little you get.
ClaunchOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #16
rotohead

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Wink HP+

Get the ZL1, Nuff said!!
rotohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #17
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
You can always add grip by virtue of stickier tires and go faster by making your car lighter, like getting lighter wheels and stripping the interior. Comfort and everyday usability will be impacted however.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #18
bigtexhand

Drives: 2017 Garnet Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I have no idea what it is on a car, but on an 300 hp offshore outboard motor you need 10 percent more hp to feel any type of difference at all. I imagine a car is about the same....So let’s say you put on an intake and exhaust, and it adds 15 hp… That’s 3% increase on an SS… You can’t feel 3%......
Yes, as a first time performance car owner I always wonder just HOW much of a HP gain I'd need to feel it. Although maybe just knowing it's there would have that "freshly detailed cars drive better" effect we all know has been scientifically proven?
bigtexhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #19
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
That's what I thought. Pretty much not possible. I'll be keeping this as the DD and getting the ZL1. I'll be leaving that one stock as well because I want to keep Warranty. But I'm sure I'll feel the extra 200 hp I get with that. Thanks guys !!
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #20
Printman

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Get a green filter $60.00 maybe 5 hp and a vitesse throttle controller, will not increase hp but will feel like it. Best bang for buck mods without voiding warranty First thing I did was oil catch can for safety 0 hp gain but if you plan to keep car for awhile do it.
Printman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:51 PM   #21
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Any bolt on that can be easily taken off before you go in for work would basically fit the bill. Still a pain in the ass and as others have mentioned, the gains are a drop in the bucket...your butt dyno will be unlikely to tell the difference.

One consideration is one of the Supercharger packages available at dealerships that they are backing up with warranty. You will pay more for this option versus a standard aftermarket setup...significantly. However, you will still be somewhat protected depending on what the warranties cover.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #22
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Yes, Save up and buy a Zl1
Old 01-05-2018, 08:49 PM   #23
edillen1

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS
Anyone know a rich woman I can marry that will let me have a girlfriend on the side?
edillen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #24
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by edillen1 View Post
Anyone know a rich woman I can marry that will let me have a girlfriend on the side?
Are you willing to let her pee on the passenger seat?

/callback

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:06 PM   #25
edillen1

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Are you willing to let her pee on the passenger seat?

/callback
I'm crying
edillen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #26
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
How to not void the warranty ( this coming from a former service manager at GM ) tip the mechanic 50$ and tell him to go ahead and write up CC on the repair order to help with his pay . And besides , these things are chevys not Ford or dodge smellcats , they really dont break if at all.
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:59 AM   #27
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreagle56 View Post
sometimes I think bolt ons are over rated; just my opinion...... you can add bolt ons and gain mathematical hp. a driver probably wont be able to feel the gain though. the ported TB will give, in most cases, better throttle response which is something you can feel. best gain for the buck IMO.
Here is some math, A8 SSes have gone from low 12 seconds to high 10 seconds with just boltons. You 100% for sure will feel that. My "slow" M6 went from 12.4-5 seconds average to 11.8-9 and my MPH from 115 to 121. with most but not all the boltons. I picked up around 50 RWHP. I can feel it, but then my motor and probably drive train warranty is toast. But as been said the CA6 Camaro is built tough to drive it like you stole it. However there is risk, just less so than on some other hi-po cars.

But if warranty is big deal for you, be happy with the stock Camaro. All of them are as fast or much faster than most of the old muscle cars except for the ones now worth $500K+. None of them could keep up with any new Camaro on a track. There is nothing you can do to make the current Camaro noticeably faster without putting your warranty at risk. If you want to make a stock car faster and keep your warranty buy a Mustang. Maybe someday GM will let you do this too.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #28
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
If you want to make a stock car faster and keep your warranty buy a Mustang. Maybe someday GM will let you do this too.
HELLO Earth calling are you on ****ing crack ? Ford hardly warranties their stock shitboxes much less anything thats modded ! Dodge aint much better .

You want the truth !!! Tip the service advisor and the mechanic 50-100 bucks on the side so they look the other way when it comes to warranty work .

how do I know this , because I Actually was a service manager for GM. Warranty doesnt pay shit for hours or labor on warranty work , talk about smoking tickets on the repair order and keep it hush hush .

Dont drive your cammed genny6 with drag pack and big Mickey Thompson in there with noticible drag numbers , stickers , dial ins on the window , exhaust thats a loud as john forces nitro funny car and be a dickhead. Be cool be smart and be savvy and most techs and SAs will be happy to oblige
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote