Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 10-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
MARYLAND SPEED * THE WORST EXPERIENCE

I can't even put into words what it has been like Dealing with Maryland speed. I wish I would of checked there reviews on yelp prior ! Im sure some of you have had some cut rate deals with this store. * you def get what you pay for! Ive been trapped for 3 months trying to figure out the BORLA issues which are also to blame. At this point its been 3 months and I every time I try to cancel my order I never get calls returned, or get talked into waiting 2 more weeks!Each month it was going to be 2 more weeks , and I said IDK but went ahead and trusted the process got to the point where I realized I want nothing to do with BORLA or this shop and despite updating my order and waiting I just want out! the person that answers the phone can't issue refunds! The owner is always out of town or busy! I realize Borla is partial to blame but anytime I wished to not wait 3 more months and cancel I should have the right! PROCEED at your own risk! I would of rather pay the extra 500 bucks just to have a proper customer service!
Old 10-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I experienced a long wait as well with Maryland Speed, however, it does state directly on their website that wait times for shipping vary. Sorry you got stuck with a 3 month wait. Hopefully something is worked out or Borla ships you your exhaust.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Yeap!! had similar issue with them.. waited 2 months before calling my credit card company..

many members have problems with them in regards of shipping and communication.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=marylandspeed

Old 10-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #4
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
It's because they take your money and use it towards previous orders to fulfill those. Shady as hell. I ordered a Whipple from them and Whipple had my order for over a month and a half but no money. Guess what? No money, no Whipple. I made a dispute and got my money back f*ck Branden at Maryland Speed.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
blk 2013

Drives: 2017 SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I can't even put into words what it has been like Dealing with Maryland speed. I wish I would of checked there reviews on yelp prior ! Im sure some of you have had some cut rate deals with this store. * you def get what you pay for! Ive been trapped for 3 months trying to figure out the BORLA issues which are also to blame. At this point its been 3 months and I every time I try to cancel my order I never get calls returned, or get talked into waiting 2 more weeks!Each month it was going to be 2 more weeks , and I said IDK but went ahead and trusted the process got to the point where I realized I want nothing to do with BORLA or this shop and despite updating my order and waiting I just want out! the person that answers the phone can't issue refunds! The owner is always out of town or busy! I realize Borla is partial to blame but anytime I wished to not wait 3 more months and cancel I should have the right! PROCEED at your own risk! I would of rather pay the extra 500 bucks just to have a proper customer service!
did you call the credit card company if not do so today don't wait
Old 10-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I have always received my parts from Maryland speed(Fast 92 Intake/ Nick Williams 92mm TB/ Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Kooks TD exhaust)...I did have some longer then normal delays when I bought the Kooks system for my 4th gen back in 2011. I don't think they will screw you over but if you are uncomfortable with the situation, then call your credit card company and file a charge back.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
Old 10-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #7
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
If you've already paid you really need to file a dispute with your credit / debit card holder / bank or PayPal. If PayPal shoots it down, file a dispute with the card holder. Just advise that you never received the merchandise and that they are refusing to take calls to cancel your order.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #8
formoutofchaos

DEF DISPUTING Credit card charge AS WE SPEAK! GLAD I'm not the only one on here! I def agree about taking your money and paying backwards! its ridiculous I didn't mind a couple month wait but not being able to cancel is ridiculous!!!

thanks for the support!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #9
formoutofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
It's because they take your money and use it towards previous orders to fulfill those. Shady as hell. I ordered a Whipple from them and Whipple had my order for over a month and a half but no money. Guess what? No money, no Whipple. I made a dispute and got my money back f*ck Branden at Maryland Speed.
I SECOND EVERYTHING YOU SAID!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #10
formoutofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
Yeap!! had similar issue with them.. waited 2 months before calling my credit card company..

many members have problems with them in regards of shipping and communication.

Man I wish I would have read those prior! I would much rather spend 500 more and have a reputable company that has more than a 1 star review!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #11
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
This is exactly the reason I went with a vendor on Amazon. Got my Borla Atak with carbon fiber tips in 4 days. I'll all for supporting vendors, but screw that when it takes 3 months. And hell, I live in Maryland!!
Old 10-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #12
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
I ordered a kooks axleback from them on august 25. I'm still waiting.

I was told 3-4 weeks. Kooks won't return my calls or my emails. Maryland says it's out of their hands as it's been in kooks processing since sept 5
Old 10-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #13
Pckrfan795

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey ZL1M6
I placed my order for kooks headed on July 3rd. Still waiting...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2017, 09:14 PM   #14
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pckrfan795 View Post
I placed my order for kooks headed on July 3rd. Still waiting...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mine took right around 3 months to get.

I didn't care then because it was over this past winter car was in storage.
Its pretty annoying now...looks like the car will be in storage before I even get to put it on.

Closed Thread