Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 07-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #15
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Upgrading a 1SS system and a 2SS system are NOT the same. Different wires on different connectors need to be tapped into. If anybody is going to attempt to upgrade their setup themselves, please make sure to find the correct guide for your specific system in the forums.

I met with Steve at Sub of Thump today to test out the 1SS nonBose harness he's designed. Everything worked fine. He's been having issues with a supplier for the harness but, he's got a new one lined up and will hopefully have them ready to sell within a month. It's also taken him some extra time to get a prototype harness built because the wiring information had been hard to find and he's got a 2SS so, he didn't have a 1SS nonBose in front of him to do research or testing on. He and I have been trying to meet up for a few weeks now but, schedules didn't permit it until now. Keep in mind that Sub of Thump is a small business and Steve has orders to fill and not just do research and development on harnesses specific to our Camaros. When you're a one man army, these things just take time. Cut the man some slack. He's not ignoring the wants and needs of our community. He's working on it.

Thanks for the update! I am waiting for him to finish up that harness to make the install easier! Also thanks for working with him to create it!
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #16
wal-dog

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 1SS
I am interested to see how it will work. The stock amp will have to be retained. Wonder if it will have some kind of Line Out Converters built in.
wal-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post

I met with Steve at Sub of Thump today to test out the 1SS nonBose harness he's designed. Everything worked fine. He's been having issues with a supplier for the harness but, he's got a new one lined up and will hopefully have them ready to sell within a month. It's also taken him some extra time to get a prototype harness built because the wiring information had been hard to find and he's got a 2SS so, he didn't have a 1SS nonBose in front of him to do research or testing on. He and I have been trying to meet up for a few weeks now but, schedules didn't permit it until now. Keep in mind that Sub of Thump is a small business and Steve has orders to fill and not just do research and development on harnesses specific to our Camaros. When you're a one man army, these things just take time. Cut the man some slack. He's not ignoring the wants and needs of our community. He's working on it.
Good to know!!!!
Old 07-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #18
KEL995

Drives: 2016 1SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Good to know!!!!

Will any 6x9 speaker mount in our front doors and back decklid?

I am contemplating Simply putting 4 quality 6x9's and one 4 channel to push them all.

That's it. No other speakers period.

Thoughts on that arrangement?
KEL995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #19
wal-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEL995 View Post
Will any 6x9 speaker mount in our front doors and back decklid?

I am contemplating Simply putting 4 quality 6x9's and one 4 channel to push them all.

That's it. No other speakers period.

Thoughts on that arrangement?
Should work just fine. I have read that you have to take the glass out to put speakers in the deck. Can't confirm that though.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wal-dog View Post
Should work just fine. I have read that you have to take the glass out to put speakers in the deck. Can't confirm that though.
Member laynlo15 put speakers in the back deck of his 1SS....I don't think it required all of that. Not sure how much of a pain it was. Maybe I'll PM him.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #21
KEL995

Drives: 2016 1SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Member laynlo15 put speakers in the back deck of his 1SS....I don't think it required all of that. Not sure how much of a pain it was. Maybe I'll PM him.
Im mostly concerned with the door 6x9's. I know certain ones fit, and certain ones don't.

Getting to the dashboard speakers looks pretty intimidating also. Which is why I kind of just want to do doors and deck lid. lol
KEL995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #22
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
If you can confirm that a 6x9 will fit in front doors you can install the 6x9 in the rear shelf no problem. It has been done. Although you can get some really good quality 6.5 3 way for the front and rear with 6x9 midbass fillers. Put the 6.5 and tweeter in the doors and the 4" right behind you. Easiest way is definitely 6.5 front and 6x9 rear shelf though.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #23
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I realize that the Gen5s and Gen6s are different but, at least with the Gen5s, an adapter was needed to install a replacement for the factory door speakers. I assume this to be true for the Gen6s. As for the tweets in the top of the dash, they look like a complete bitch to get out and replace. Makes you want to intentionally blow them, buy replacements, take the car in under warranty for the blown speakers and tell them to install your aftermarket speakers instead.

We don't necessarily have to use those tweets or use that tweet location though. An aftermarket tweet could be mounted elsewhere or you could just use a coaxial speaker instead of a component speaker. There are options available to get around messing with the dash tweets.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #24
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
For the 1SS...Do you have any suggestions as to where to tap for a remote
shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #25
wal-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shags View Post
For the 1SS...Do you have any suggestions as to where to tap for a remote
There isn't one. The LC7i I used has one built in so I just ran a wire from it to the aftermarket amp and the LC7i turns on the aftermarket amp when the LC7i senses the factory amp is on.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #26
shags

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal-dog View Post
There isn't one. The LC7i I used has one built in so I just ran a wire from it to the aftermarket amp and the LC7i turns on the aftermarket amp when the LC7i senses the factory amp is on.
damn.. i bought i a different convertor i have no idea where to put it unless i make a kill switch for it
Old 01-24-2017, 10:19 PM   #27
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
Quote:
Originally Posted by shags View Post
damn.. i bought i a different convertor i have no idea where to put it unless i make a kill switch for it
Or you could use this, it works very well.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...NVX-XTRI1.html
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #28
shags

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Or you could use this, it works very well.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...NVX-XTRI1.html

ahhh thanks man