Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-28-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Need a Lawyer in Atlanta for Car Detail damage

I can't find a lawyer to care about only 6-10k in damages done by a detailer to my interior of my 1le. You can see pics of the 1le section. If anyone knows a passionate car lover lawyer that is my only hope. GA isn't like california if there isn't a 50k case they don't care vs in california i would of had a lawyer red hot on this a week ago. I called the bar , lawyers.com , avo and can't get anything returned or taken the case! I have the company of the coatings involved and the detailing company so two parties can be sued plus texts, and FB and YELP responses
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:59 PM   #2
Alex00

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Georgia has a $15k small claims limit. You can take them to magistrate court on your own. If you have texts and proof you can present that as evidence. Think of the fun you can have doing DIY court and you get to keep all your winnings. Good luck.
Alex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:49 AM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I can't find a lawyer to care about only 6-10k in damages done by a detailer to my interior of my 1le. You can see pics of the 1le section. If anyone knows a passionate car lover lawyer that is my only hope. GA isn't like california if there isn't a 50k case they don't care vs in california i would of had a lawyer red hot on this a week ago. I called the bar , lawyers.com , avo and can't get anything returned or taken the case! I have the company of the coatings involved and the detailing company so two parties can be sued plus texts, and FB and YELP responses
Just curious, hasn't your insurance company stepped in? They will repair the vehicle if its due to a claim damage and charge you a deductible and then they will hire an attorney and go after the at-fault party themselves and you won't even need to be involved unless they need more evidence...
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
Any insurance adjusters on here? I can’t see how you can make an insurance claim. It’s supposed to be a sudden and unexpected incident for insurance to apply. If I got a bad engine repair or paint job why would I expect insurance to cover that?
Old 12-03-2017, 07:54 AM   #5
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
I doubt you'll find a lawyer unless you're somehow injured as a result of the interior damage, unfortunately. They seem to only care about people being damaged by cars in my experience, not cars being damaged by people. It sounds like small claims is your best bet, as mentioned further up.

In my case, I paid a lawyer to fight my former insurer to get them to pay for damages to my car from a wreck (four car pile-up), and the lawyer appeared to not care one bit, took my money and achieved nothing. When I then removed him from the case and contacted other lawyers, nobody was interested because I wasn't injured. Ironically, if I'd used the money I paid the lawyer to just fix the car myself, it would have been fixed and good-as-new. As it stands now, I'm still having to replace parts as and when I can afford them. Fun.

Good luck, though. It's not at all cool when somebody messes with your car, and it sucks when other people can't appreciate why it matters.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:16 AM   #6
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieSWo View Post
Well, I will PM you and give some contacts.
LMAO...bad bot...pretty sure 5 years after the fact, there's no hope of suing over this.

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 02:36 PM   #7
faithvough

Drives: A7
Hi, OP! Were you able to solve the issue?
faithvough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:19 PM   #8
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Wow, more bots jumping in.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote