Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-21-2018, 02:09 PM   #29
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
Sounds like they're being really cool about it and willing to work with you. Nice job.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #30
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlueCoupe View Post
You've never been screwed by another you're paying to perform a service, have you?
I've worked in fixed operations at various dealers for 22 years and owned 57 cars, so I have been a part of both sides of that situation. The taking a video or pictures of every angle is not a reasonable request of someone taking their car in for service. Damage is usually easy to tell if it's new or preexisting and almost always will side with the customer to fix it and keep the customer happy.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #31
ReefBlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I've worked in fixed operations at various dealers for 22 years and owned 57 cars, so I have been a part of both sides of that situation. The taking a video or pictures of every angle is not a reasonable request of someone taking their car in for service. Damage is usually easy to tell if it's new or preexisting and almost always will side with the customer to fix it and keep the customer happy.
I don't think its a request at all - the customer can take care of that himself in about two minutes with his phone before he leaves the vehicle, and has every right to do so.

For example, after a damaged-package claim by UPS that was horse crap, I now take multiple photos and a video of everything I ship at a UPS store WHILE it is in the store as they are taking possession of it. That's proof I have in case there is another claim that the item I am shipping is undamaged as UPS is taking possession of it.

There are those of us who've learned the hard way to CYA in all situations (I am in IT - it comes with the territory) and there are those that haven't yet.

It's cheap and easy insurance.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #32
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Seems like a small simple job to be $460. For curiosity's sake, what's the bulk of the cost in a repair like this?

Glad they're owning up to it and seem to value your business.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #33
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlueCoupe View Post
I don't think its a request at all - the customer can take care of that himself in about two minutes with his phone before he leaves the vehicle, and has every right to do so.

For example, after a damaged-package claim by UPS that was horse crap, I now take multiple photos and a video of everything I ship at a UPS store WHILE it is in the store as they are taking possession of it. That's proof I have in case there is another claim that the item I am shipping is undamaged as UPS is taking possession of it.

There are those of us who've learned the hard way to CYA in all situations (I am in IT - it comes with the territory) and there are those that haven't yet.

It's cheap and easy insurance.
I agree in certain circumstances taking pics is a great idea. I guess I'm just a little more trusting on stuff like that.

And I haven't seen you since Tennespeed days. Knew your name sounded familiar lol
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #34
ReefBlueCoupe

Haha oh shit

I'll PM you so we don't hijack
Old 03-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #35
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Seems like a small simple job to be $460. For curiosity's sake, what's the bulk of the cost in a repair like this?

Glad they're owning up to it and seem to value your business.
They have to sand the area around the paint chip smooth and repaint that area with the color. Then they have to paint the entire rocker panel with clear coat.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #36
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet_Machine View Post
looks like they hit it with the lift arms when they went to slide them under the car.

Good Luck man
X2.

Sorry about your synergy green man. That sucks :/
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #37
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Glad your dealer is taking care of that. Sucks that it happened, but kudos for their response.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #38
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballmaster View Post
I took the car to the dealership. They looked at it for nearly an hour.
They claim it's unlikely it happened there, but are willing to cover the cost to fix it. I think he said if the car was placed improperly by 3 inches it could have happened. Said it wasn't curb damage. He said what he thought didn't matter. It was more important that I believed it happened there.
I got two quotes. The place they recommended said $460. The place I'd prefer to go to said $450. Both are higher than I expected. I thought it'd be closer to $300. I forwarded them over to the dealership. I'm waiting to see what they say.

I've had 100's of dealership oil changes. Mainly with Toyota. I've never encountered something like this. I wish I could change my own oil. I'm just not much of a car guy. I need to find somewhere that lets me watch the entire time. That's why I like Discount Tire. I can watch them change my tires from the window. They really should do oil changes too.
Changing oil is simple. Best way to learn about your car is to get your hands dirty. You don't have to be a mechanic, just a couple of simple hand tools and some common sense. Watch a couple of YouTube videos. Do you change your own light bulbs in your house or fix faucets? Come on man, it's easy.

Jack the car up on the driver side or invest in some race ramps, lossen the oil fill cap a little, unscrew the drain plug with a socket and ratchet, let the oil drain for about 15 minutes, unscrew the oil filter by hand or use a filter wrench or socket, let that drain, wipe the sealimg surfaces of the filter and drain plug with a lint free cloth, fill the new filter with oil (not a must, but i do), put a little bit of oil on the o ring of the new filter, screw it on until the o ring touches, then go another 3/4 of a turn, install the drain plug and tighten with a torque wrench to 18 ft lbs, grab a clean funnel and pour about 9 5 qts of new 5W 30 Dexos approved full synthetic oil in. Let it sit for a few minutes, check the dipstick and slowly add the rest of the oil until the level is near the upper end of the hash marks. Start the car and check for leaks. Done. Takes about 45 minutes with most of that waiting for the oil to drain completely.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #39
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
That's terrible that happened to you man hopefully they make it right.

As a others have said you should really consider changing your own oil.

I made these nice race ramps out of wood so no matter what I put on them I have no issues.

Also on a side note I've tried 3 times to edit this to make the picture come in the right way instead of upside down does anybody know how to switch that
Attached Images

IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:56 AM   #40
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
I copied rotated and reposted.
Attached Images

Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #41
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman2 View Post
I copied rotated and reposted.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #42
zirad54

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, MRC, NPP,
When I take my car in for service I walk around it and video,the outside interior and engine bay with the service writer also in the video and point out that there are no damaged areas. They hate it by my cars come back with no issues.
zirad54 is offline   Reply With Quote