Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #1
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Mild to Wild

Some of you have done the NPP Fuse pull to keep exhaust valves open all the time, some want to keep it quiet sometimes. Today I installed the Mild to Wild controller so I can have it both ways at a push of a button.

The Mild to Wild controller has been around for a while but they don't make them for the 6th Gen Camaro yet. But the good news is that it only takes 5 minutes to convert one over to fit ours.

First buy one of these... http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...er-mtw-zl1.htm

Then buy a ATR fuse tap.. Cut the shrink wrap on the Mild to Wild fuse tap remove the white wire and install it in the same place on your ATR tap. Then cut the red wire from the Mild to Wild controller and splice in your ATR tap in it's place.. Conversion done, now simply remove fuse 51 from the box and install it in the ATR fuse tap (In line with the red wire) and follow the instructions of your new controller.

I programmed the two unused home link buttons to control my exhaust... Works like a charm, push one button and the exhaust is wide open all the time push the other and it's back to factory operation.
Attached Images

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #2
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
NIce DIY. But I don't get it. Don't the valves stay open all the time in Sport and Track mode?
Old 08-12-2016, 06:57 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
NIce DIY. But I don't get it. Don't the valves stay open all the time in Sport and Track mode?
No...they close at interstate speed in ALL modes, hence the mod.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...reless+control

I posted how to do this in January for $30 with a universal key fob. The system is so much better this way. Definitely a worthwhile mod.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:21 AM   #5
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
With a wireless controller http://www.phastekperformance.com/12...ess-remote.htm and ATR fuse tap this can be done for around 40 bucks.

I love being able to switch between modes with my home link buttons.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
Some of you have done the NPP Fuse pull to keep exhaust valves open all the time, some want to keep it quiet sometimes. Today I installed the Mild to Wild controller so I can have it both ways at a push of a button.

The Mild to Wild controller has been around for a while but they don't make them for the 6th Gen Camaro yet. But the good news is that it only takes 5 minutes to convert one over to fit ours.

First buy one of these... http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...er-mtw-zl1.htm

Then buy a ATR fuse tap.. Cut the shrink wrap on the Mild to Wild fuse tap remove the white wire and install it in the same place on your ATR tap. Then cut the red wire from the Mild to Wild controller and splice in your ATR tap in it's place.. Conversion done, now simply remove fuse 51 from the box and install it in the ATR fuse tap (In line with the red wire) and follow the instructions of your new controller.

I programmed the two unused home link buttons to control my exhaust... Works like a charm, push one button and the exhaust is wide open all the time push the other and it's back to factory operation.
Hey can you post a pic of how yours is wired? I just installed mine but can't get it work. The unit I got looks no different than the one RPI sells (for the 6th gen) from what I can tell. Based on your write up mine should work. Wondering if I might have a bad receiver. Thanks

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #7
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Has anyone been successful in doing this on a 2017-2018 ZL1? The fuse box is different it looks like. I tried it and it did not work. The red fuse wire is very hard to get inserted correctly, that may the problem.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote