Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #239
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Again bro, the woe is me routine aint working... Why would I air out our dirty laundry just to bait you??

dude, if I wanted to get rid of you It's one click??? seriously... You refuse to acknowledge the source of our scrutiny... the fact that your ONLY reason for being here is to tell us about the mustang... That's it...You're not a car fan your a mustang fan...

And we're telling you to be a member here that isn't going to fly any more.

Of all the things I'd rather be doing... if I wanted to get rid of you, I could be enjoying myself instead of having this lovely conversation with you???

I'm thinking at this point it would be better use of my time to just ban you so I don't have to deal with you...

So stop accusing us of some hidden agenda... I've already told you your future here is in your hands...

pretty simple.
Please, just stop. Enough is enough, the ZL1 is going to be faster than the GT500. If it is personal to you then you can ban me if you want... after being attacked by moderators, I'm not sure if it is really worth posting what we find on here.

I bid everyone a farewell, I hope that everyone fills their garage with what they truly want. I will be in touch
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #240
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Please, just stop.

You first...

Enough is enough, the ZL1 is going to be faster than the GT500. If it is personal to you then you can ban me if you want... after being attacked by moderators, I'm not sure if it is really worth posting what we find on here.

I bid everyone a farewell, I hope that everyone fills their garage with what they truly want. I will be in touch
Wow, how Ironic...

you are being persecuted... After all the crap and all the reported posts and all the members here that have asked us "why is he not banned yet?"

And yet we still give you chance after chance to play ball...

but you're the victim... mistreated... picked on...

Sounds to me like you want to be able to post here with out being criticized but we have to just take what you say and deal with it???

You wont' stay away... We'll be here when you get back.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #241
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro

You do have informative posts most of the time but I can see where the mods are coming from. This is a Camaro forum, there is no point in being here unless you want to talk about Camaro related things at least 90% of the time IMO. I get this is the "other car" subforum but it gets old after awhile. If people here were truly interested in the Mustang, we would read about them on a Mustang forum. I doubt there is hundreds of pages, literally hundreds, on any of the Mustang forum talking about the Camaro. Its nice to know about the other cars and competition but its annoying when its shoved down our throats.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #242
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

You do have informative posts most of the time but I can see where the mods are coming from. This is a Camaro forum, there is no point in being here unless you want to talk about Camaro related things at least 90% of the time IMO. I get this is the "other car" subforum but it gets old after awhile. If people here were truly interested in the Mustang, we would read about them on a Mustang forum. I doubt there is hundreds of pages, literally hundreds, on any of the Mustang forum talking about the Camaro. Its nice to know about the other cars and competition but its annoying when its shoved down our throats.
I DO want to know about the competion, too; but it's been like you said...

For clarification - if there's going to be one constant in our (yours and mine) Community, it has to be CAMARO first. There's no reason why that shouldn't be the case. I, like most others, respect and love cars, but I've made it clear for the precise reason I'm here. Let's discuss all cars and most topics, but there should really only be a couple, if not one, shared topic. That's how I look at it. It's a tight ship, but I believe that's what's kept it afloat and thriving for so long.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #243
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Well, there are hundreds of pages talking about the Camaro on Mustang sites. I googled 'Mustang Forums" and these were two of the first results. MustangForums.com has 243 Camaro threads with I'd say ~10k posts or less. At StangNet there are fewer than 200 Camaro threads totalling maybe 5000 posts.

Now, a quick search on Camaro5 for threads with Mustang in the title ... 500+ threads, and probably in excess of 50k posts. Keep in mind we are a smaller forum than either of them.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #244
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well, there are hundreds of pages talking about the Camaro on Mustang sites. I googled 'Mustang Forums" and these were two of the first results. MustangForums.com has 243 Camaro threads with I'd say ~10k posts or less. At StangNet there are fewer than 200 Camaro threads totalling maybe 5000 posts.

Now, a quick search on Camaro5 for threads with Mustang in the title ... 500+ threads, and probably in excess of 50k posts. Keep in mind we are a smaller forum than either of them.
I knew there would be some. But not nearly as many as there are here.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 10-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #245
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Seems like thepill has become quite the scape goat. I only see him post in mustang threads as well, but it seems a few of you are suggesting that he is the source of a lot of the mustang discussion here. To me it looks more like there is already a ton of mustang discussion and the pill make knowledgeable, supported posts in those threads albeit with a mustang bias, I really don't see him trying to rile people up or start personal arguments like some others. Here are the mustang related threads in the camaro vs and other vehicles sections.

5.8L Shelby Engine confirmed ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
rez333

The 2013 Ford Mustang to get Track Apps, special gauge modes
Rogan

California Rejects To Giving Boss 302 Owners Track Keys! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Blue Maro Demon

Had the pleasure of driving a 5.0... ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
B-Rex

Supercharged SS vs. Mustang Videos
mwt18

Camaro VS Mustang Mega Thread ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Beau Tie

420 rwhp SS vs SRT8 Jeep and 06 Stang Single Turbo
Arsenal11

Sooooooo, has anyone traded in their Camaro for a Boss? ( 1 2 3)
Raptor626

Things you can't get on a Mustang ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Sparksl

These are all camaro owners. . . replying to threads with information is what forums are all about and he's not exactly creating threads out of the blue to throw random information around, he's addressing questions and comments made by camaro owners about mustangs. I can understand a level of bias being annoying and an issue for keeping things kosher, but it really isn't fiar at all to act like he is the source of mustang talk on this forum when it is quite obviously a favorite topic of many camaro owners.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #246
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Seems like thepill has become quite the scape goat. I only see him post in mustang threads as well, but it seems a few of you are suggesting that he is the source of a lot of the mustang discussion here. To me it looks more like there is already a ton of mustang discussion and the pill make knowledgeable, supported posts in those threads albeit with a mustang bias, I really don't see him trying to rile people up or start personal arguments like some others. Here are the mustang related threads in the camaro vs and other vehicles sections.

rez333

Rogan

Blue Maro Demon

B-Rex

mwt18

Beau Tie

Arsenal11

Raptor626

Sparksl

These are all camaro owners. . . replying to threads with information is what forums are all about and he's not exactly creating threads out of the blue to throw random information around, he's addressing questions and comments made by camaro owners about mustangs. I can understand a level of bias being annoying and an issue for keeping things kosher, but it really isn't fiar at all to act like he is the source of mustang talk on this forum when it is quite obviously a favorite topic of many camaro owners.
Bingo. I have pointed this out several times as well but it just gets ignored/swept under the rug.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #247
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post

rez333

Rogan

Blue Maro Demon

B-Rex

mwt18

Beau Tie

Arsenal11

Raptor626

Sparksl

It's hard to argue any points you bring up, honestly. I believe that a lot of the statements and facts brought to the table are true, in fact. However, someone admitting what their post bias percentage is and being as leaning away from the Community foundation is a little cause for concern. In other forums, I'm sure that content would've been heavily screwtinized and maybe members even going on witch hunts. However, the way it was delivered and the guise it was under is what was frustrating. That CAMARO could do no right seemed to be an underlying theme in the majority (not all 95%) of those posts. While one can't argue facts, one can argue intent, and that's where I, personally, took issue. Using the User Title as a badge of honor also shows intent, to me. I'm not going into what's happened in the past, but suffice to say that it's a slap in the face, really. But to really only, almost, come in to put down Chevrolet or CAMARO is not something I'm going to stand by and let happen without some thought.

JMHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 10-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #248
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Bingo. I have pointed this out several times as well but it just gets ignored/swept under the rug.
Just because CAMARO owners created those threads does not mean the thread didn't take a life on by itself, or wasn't pushed into a certain direction by another member. I think I may have created a thread or two, or at least commented in those threads, however, I don't go out of my way to a rival car forum to tell them how superior CAMARO is to "X" and that it's about impossible to build a car that can compete.

It seems this thread has run it's course

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 10-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #249
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
however, I don't go out of my way to a rival car forum to tell them how superior CAMARO is to "X" and that it's about impossible to build a car that can compete.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #250
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Huh?

I could never own a boring DD. I drove my grandmas 2010 civic last week to work to save gas and mileage on my car. Man is it boring, no power and I just felt so ordinary driving it. I did not feel like a car guy at all. I do not see how people drive boring cars everyday!
well I have several "fun" cars to choose from any time but now and again, I just like to chill in a "boring" car. A car nut a few houses from me has a ZR1, a Superformance Cobra, a 'cuda and a couple others in storage but guess what, he drives a prius almost daily to work. One day you'll understand.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #251
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
you don't get it.... you take every opportunity to repost the same thing over and over... You aren't trying to collaborate... you simply post here to make sure we don't forget the mustang's venerable and storied past.

No one here disputes that the Mustangs reign is legendary.... We are just sick of you reminding us about it in every post you make...

I've got nothing against the mustang... Why do you think we are so damn excited about the ZL1??? When you beat the undisputed Champ... at his game... It's pretty F'n cool to experience that.

So why don't you just let us enjoy it. Tip your hat and at least try to post without mentioning what the Mustang has done, is doing or will do every time you touch the keyboard.

Sound reasonable?
You know, I am a big fan of both cars. I totally see your point in this matter though adn I agree. Like saying, please let us enjoy this one and don't rain on our ZL1 parade. Like a poker player behind after the turn, waiting for the river card to save his life screaming "One Time!"
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #252
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Just because CAMARO owners created those threads does not mean the thread didn't take a life on by itself, or wasn't pushed into a certain direction by another member. I think I may have created a thread or two, or at least commented in those threads, however, I don't go out of my way to a rival car forum to tell them how superior CAMARO is to "X" and that it's about impossible to build a car that can compete.

It seems this thread has run it's course
You are right in that the course changes. When there are gross inaccuracies and flat out wrong information posted in those threads, it is going to spark a debate. 9 out of 10 times the garbage will get separated and the facts will come to light. There are more biased/blind folks in the Camaro and Challenger communities than I have experienced in the Mustang community. Not a dig however the demographics between members of each are very different.

There is nothing wrong with back and forth however it should be noted that us members who either owned a Camaro and no longer or never have do not start the fires for the most part. People don't like to be wrong and when they are it gets heated and personal sometimes regardless of the diplomacy from each side.

I have met quite a few owners on each side who are great people and sincerely enjoy the friendships. We aren't here to piss on anyone's parade.

If the board doesn't want non-owners here then the general auto and vs. sub-forums should be closed.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote