Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-06-2015, 06:14 AM   #1
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Unhappy corvette stingray engine LT-1 issue a concern for the new Camaro?

I was in the market for a new Stingray or the new '16 Camaro, but after reading on the web about several Stingrays & new Z06 engines auto-destroyed, and overheated automatic transmissions I don't feel confident to buy a new GM sport car probably I will look instead for a used Camaro Zl1 until GM finds solution to the issues of their destroyed engines & their overheated automatic transmissions and is able to correct them.
Also why GM decided to reduce their warranty coverage now? It does not look good.
That's bad! :(

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 04-06-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Okay, Pill. I don't think there are any widespread issues with the engine.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
From what I understand the engines were from a bad batch of oil filters on the early engines. The overheating trans is only if you are racing the car.
Gm reduced their warranty because it wasn't helping to sell cars, not because the cars are any less reliable. They just dropped it back to match the rest of the industry.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
mvfjet

Drives: hoopty mustake
I'm more concerned with valve coking that all direct injected engines seem to have.
mvfjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #5

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
I was in the market for a new Stingray or the new '16 Camaro, but after reading on the web about several Stingrays & new Z06 engines auto-destroyed, and overheated automatic transmissions I don't feel confident to buy a new GM sport car probably I will look instead for a used Camaro Zl1 until GM finds solution to the issues of their destroyed engines & their overheated automatic transmissions and is able to correct them.
Also why GM decided to reduce their warranty coverage now? It does not look good.
Yeah, stick with Ford...You're better off. See Ya!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvfjet View Post
I'm more concerned with valve coking that all direct injected engines seem to have.
...and fuel dilution, for which I still can't find an explanation anywhere. I'm guessing it has to do with permeating the crosshatching or something. I'm wondering if a proper less conservative tune would help with both of these issues?

Regardless, you can bet all the pros and cons of DI will find their way into other rivals' engines soon enough, and you'll be glad you bought into the more mature product using DI that the General offers.

Because the 8 speed AT still uses a torque converter churning fluid and is not a double-clutch design, rigorous rapid shifting in high ambient temps (I think someone qouted 84 degrees earlier?) at a track may be an issue. If you want to have track days often, get a manual or invest in a $50 external AT fluid cooler from Autozone.
Capricio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:07 AM   #7
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Okay, Pill. I don't think there are any widespread issues with the engine.
What makes you think it is him?
I've seen his delusional writing (and his fancrowd) on mustang6g and cant see the resemblance here..
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #8
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
What makes you think it is him?
I've seen his delusional writing (and his fancrowd) on mustang6g and cant see the resemblance here..
I was kidding.. Kind of. Pill puts a comma after "but" usually. Lol.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #9
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
There are no real issues to report... carry on.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #10
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
That's what warranties are for. If that issue doesn't rear its head for 60,000 miles, it probably will not be an issue. The Corvette engine issues happened within the first couple oil changes.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #11
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I'm not too concerned about the LT1, I'm sure that it will be A Ok for the 6th Gen ........ either way I will have a 6th Gen Turbo 4 or a SS sitting in my driveway come this fall !!!!!!!!!!!
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #12
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I wouldn't be concerned about the LT1 or 8L90E either. Once they find their way into the 6th gen the kinks will be ironed out. You have to remember that the LT1 and 8 speed are brand new. Its not like the LS2 or LS3 which has the same basic design of a 1997 LS1. The LT1 is a whole new engine and has about as much in common with the LS3 as it does with a gen 1 small block.

Side note. Has anyone ever read any of the PILL's post? WOW, WTF is all I have to say. He's got to be the biggest BSer I have ever heard about. He's only been wrong about everything he predicts. I wonder if anyone over there takes anything he says with more than a grain of salt. All his BS about the Mustang weight only to be totally wrong and now has the guts to spout the same type of non sense about the Camaro weight only in reverse showing just how much of a blind fan boy he really is. There should be a ROASTING of the PILL where everyone can make fun of him.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #13
ChefBorOzzy

Lots of people over there like what they hear from the Pill as he's as optimistic as you can get on the Mustang and as pessimistic as one can get on the Camaro. Funny how that works, isn't it?

I can't believe how much time he spends talking crap about the Camaro and GM in general.. That's what his posts consist of. It's fine that he's a fanboy, but he constantly lies.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #14
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Lots of people over there like what they hear from the Pill as he's as optimistic as you can get on the Mustang and as pessimistic as one can get on the Camaro. Funny how that works, isn't it?

I can't believe how much time he spends talking crap about the Camaro and GM in general.. That's what his posts consist of. It's fine that he's a fanboy, but he constantly lies.
Lies, or more often uses facts in a very selective manner to distort things.

Quote:
Gaslighting or gas-lighting is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.[1][2] Instances may range simply from the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents ever occurred, up to the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim.
Capricio is online now   Reply With Quote