Redrocker1958
Obsessive camaro disorder

Drives: **2010 2ss/rs**
The luxury dosnt get any better than this right here boys
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2016, 11:06 AM   #16
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
If I didn't have a family Id still have my corvette. Granted its more performance based than luxury but there are tons of luxury features. Great looking car feels amazing inside and performs awesomely. My 05 base model vette felt more like a luxury car than my 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS. Heck my wifes 07 Tahoe LTZ has more luxury features than my Camaro. Granted the new vettes are pricey but you can get a used one for a pretty good price. They are relatively easy to maintain and upgrade little harder than the Camaro but way easier than most German or Japanese luxury cars. I have a friend that has a big fully loaded Mercedes with a supercharged V-8, Im pretty sure its an E55. That car is fast!!! especially for its size. But he is an ASE certified mechanic and does all his own work. He still complains about how expensive it is to get parts and how involved the work is. His car is faster than my Camaro (atleast in a straight line) but even with all of its features it feels very disconnected and boring to drive. Even when you floor it it doesn't seem like you are accelerating that fast. Its feels more like a floating feeling than actually driving the car. I really enjoy driving my Camaro more than that one. I personally would not want to deal with all the maintenance let alone the costs to upgrade it. If you enjoy cars because of the feeling you get driving them stick with domestic and maybe look into the luxury options that have been suggested. If you prefer to look at a car as a status symbol or want it because people think its a cool car go with foreign luxury. If you want a middle of the road go with a BMW if you can stomach the maintenance and upgrades.
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #17
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
The 2SS package isn't too shabby at all in these cars. True, there is a lot of hard plastic, but it seems to be put together pretty well. I have an '11 with about 78K on it, and no rattles.

Now I can't speak for anyone else's situation, but if it were me, and I were looking something more refined, I would look at Cadillac. I say this, because, not being rich, I look at the "value equation". What exactly am I getting for my money? When I bought my Camaro, I was driving a 2006 STS V6. I tell you what, I really liked a lot about that car. While I wouldn't call it fast, it could hold it's own on the highway. The ride was great, well planted, firm but smooth, and it handled really well. From what I see today. Cadillac offers everything you find from Audi, BMW, even Mercedes, with a much lower cost of ownership over time.

On the other side of the spectrum is performance. When I was shopping, I had come down to the choice between a 5th Gen 2SS or a slightly older Corvette C6. I wound up in the Camaro because I found one that was the right color, right equipment (2SS, Manual LS3) right price. It was a "value equation" decision. Very happy with it, although, I second guess it sometimes.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:17 AM   #18
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
I bought a brand new Lincoln MkZ in 2012. AMAZING vehicle. I called it my "decompression chamber". It had every option you can get. It had an amazingly smooth and quiet ride, plenty of acceleration and had a range of 600 miles (38 mpg hybrid). You could change the whole interior color lighting scheme with the on-board systems. Heated and cooled seats... Drove it for three years and not a single issue.

OMG, boring. I COULD NOT WAIT to get rid of that. Even though I was locked in to three years, after two years, I bought the BMW Convertible and the Lincoln didn't get used much.

I LOVED the BMW, it was the polar opposite of the Lincoln, SO FUN to drive. The drop top was amazing. No awkward tonneau covers like the Chevy. But it's small, expensive to have serviced, and absolutely a PITA to work on yourself. It was a constant worry. Waiting for the ELE (End of Life Event). An ELE is when you are hit with a repair bill that costs more than the value of the car. Also, it was on the smaller side. Good for darting around, but otherwise, no respect.

The Camaro has enough luxury features to keep me happy, while still being a blast to drive, and economical to repair and maintain.

I suppose you could compromise with a luxury sports sedan, so your friends can ride with you to the movies, but really? Ever since I was a little kid, I thought sports cars with four doors were odd.

JMHO, YMMV
Old 02-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #19
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Actually I read a few articles online that said there a lot of guys are going from luxury to muscle cars. The "typical" luxury owner is finding the new muscle cars good looking, fun to drive, having enough bells and whistles, and when they learn they can pocket 15 - 20 grand, they're jumping on it. Luxury cars have caught on to that too. You don't see too many commercials these days of Beamers or Lincoln's sitting pretty in the driveway of an opulent house with "man in business suit" stepping out to greet his pretty wife. They're all on the salt flats blasting at a buck 20 or sprinting around "closed courses."

I love my Camaro probably more than I should and I would never go with anything else. But if someone held a gun to my head and said, "GO LUXURY!!" I probably go with a Jag...
Old 02-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #20
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
For me, luxury is not my style. I like performance with a couple nice features and moddable and I am set. Always wanted the camaro and I pulled the trigger when I got the chance, it's got everything I wanted. If I went luxury it would have to be a jag, ats-v or cts-v. But for now this fits my needs.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #21
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Cadillac CTS-V

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #22
2013 Orange SS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS A6
We love our luxury camaro. We will only ever own an american car. No ifs ands or buts. And we got this luxury camaro because of all the creature comforts (air, cruise, tilt heated seats, handling package, intermittent wipers, power windows) lots of things our 66 Chevelle does not have. It handles great on long trips, comfortable riding, handles great, good fuel milage, it does not get any better than this.

1966 Chevelle Malibu, 355, 4-Speed
2013 Orange SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #23
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Hmmm what would I do ....
Old 02-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #24
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
To me the luxury is how quickly I can get from A to B... So if I were to switch to something more luxurious based on that definition...

arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #25
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
To me the luxury is how quickly I can get from A to B... So if I were to switch to something more luxurious based on that definition...

Notice the color
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #26
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Get new friends.....
Old 02-26-2016, 09:58 PM   #27
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2nd Gen CTS-V would be my choice. LS reliability with Cadillac luxury. Best of both worlds.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:25 AM   #28
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
As others have said, the CTS-V would be a great option. It's a killer car and should be pretty luxurious. Although I don't know how it would compare to a BMW or MB.

The 2010ish Audio S5 has a V8 and looks really nice too. You can also get a 2010~ AMG or M3 for around $30-$40. Although do expect to pay a lot in maintenance on either of those cars.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote