Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2015, 10:40 AM   #71
xgng

Drives: ford
Uhh.. what's a tailgater? If they catch up to me it's my fault for not driving the car like it deserves.
xgng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #72
williamp78

Drives: 2011 2ss blk/wht strp
Route 44 drink out the window and high enough to hit them...
williamp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #73
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
I will lightly touch my brake to request that they back the hell off or pass. If they fail to do either then I slow down until they go around. Not much of a shoulder on any of the roads so pulling over a bit is out of the question plus bad things for the tires tend to be there.

I had one person be an ass until I was down to 25 in a 55. They had plenty of chances to go around, they were just being jerks.

Only had one moron follow me to my destination. At night. Maybe the guy thought he would give the "li'l woman" a mouthful. I stepped out immediately and once he noticed I had a holster with a sidearm he took off pretty quickly.

Seriously, we are all just trying to go from point A to point B. Why be a douchebag?
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #74
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
I just press the "Call end/Ignore" button on the steering wheel to ignore the other driver. This feature works fairly well.
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #75
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I'll usually let them pass since they are in such a hurry but a few seconds later they are stuck at the same light I am and they keep creeping pass the light almost into traffic. On rare instance I will hit the gas a bit to get them off me and then get into the other lane and then they pass. I drive the way I drive and if the tailer wants to be a douche then let him but if he hits me it's not going to sit well for them.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #76
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
Just move over. Maybe someone is hurt in the hospital or they have other issues.

Either way, move over and distance yourself from them.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #77
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I just can't do that. I figure they are tailgating because they are busy texting, phoning, etc., and not really paying full attention to their driving. Don't want to risk them ramming me if I have to stop fast.

Hey PalmerGA... like I said, I keep my distance from the vehicles in front of me... hard as that is sometimes, even in 6th, because of it just wants to go faster and faster, lol.

Interestingly enough tho, people don't tailgate me too much no more... I've noticed. Telling you, add some meat to the tires, and a good and loud exhaust, people think twice about pissing you off...

Last edited by Spec; 01-17-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: corrected posters callsign
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:17 PM   #78
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Interestingly enough tho, people don't tailgate me too much no more... I've noticed. Telling you, add some meat to the tires, and a good and loud exhaust, people think twice about pissing you off...

I think you got something there. I don't think I ever had a tailgater in my Camaro. 3 years and 34K miles, I can't think of a time someone was following me too close. Now in my truck, that's a different story. But they don't bother me in my truck. If they want to eat a hitch for dinner, have at it. A guy at work told me one time that my car was intimidating. He was behind me leaving the parking lot and heard the beast roar.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #79
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
I think you got something there. I don't think I ever had a tailgater in my Camaro. 3 years and 34K miles, I can't think of a time someone was following me too close. Now in my truck, that's a different story. But they don't bother me in my truck. If they want to eat a hitch for dinner, have at it. A guy at work told me one time that my car was intimidating. He was behind me leaving the parking lot and heard the beast roar.
Yep...
Old 01-17-2015, 04:24 PM   #80
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Rubber and smoke
Old 01-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #81
Brazensol

Drives: 2013 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
I like to slow down gradually to see how long it takes them to move to go around me. Had a guy tailgate me from 75 down to 55 once, there were 4 open lanes to my left smh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do the same thing. Amazing how long it takes some of them to go around. Same thing happens on the interstate too - someone comes flying up behind you and there are 2+ open lanes and they slow down to your speed for awhile before they zoom off. Go figure.
Brazensol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #82
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Amazes me that driving just happens to be something some people do while they are really doing something else. When I'm driving, it's all about driving.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:37 PM   #83
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
I do the same thing. Amazing how long it takes some of them to go around. Same thing happens on the interstate too - someone comes flying up behind you and there are 2+ open lanes and they slow down to your speed for awhile before they zoom off. Go figure.
I reckon they slow down because they're like... do I really want to pass this guy on his badass camaro only to be tailgated myself? Should I back off and keep my distance? ... (person behind you lays still for a while while they watch you and your driving patterns)... okay, they say, he's not an aggressive driver... I'm going to pass'...

Or something along those lines...
Old 01-17-2015, 04:48 PM   #84
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
A lot of people are expecting you to move and when you don't they are unsure of the situation so they slow down.

I know my Camaro has great brakes and handling so I just blow by people in whatever lane is open. I would guess I don't even travel in the far left lane half the time.

On another note, I can't believe the people that pull out in front of my wife when she is going 20+ faster than they are in a Dodge diesel. Big trucks don't stop well and digging that thing out of your back window won't be pretty.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote