Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-27-2017, 03:02 AM   #1
ex-SS-ve

New to the gen 6

I have been lurking long enough, however i figured it was the right time to ask. I have a appointment to meet with a local dealer about a 2017 camaro ss/1le on tuesday... About a year ago i went and test drove a 2016 ss camaro just to get a feel for it. Honestly was quite impressed. Keep in mind i currently own 3 camaros. (1972 camaro, 2010 built whipplecharged SS and a 2013 Zl1). However by the end of this week i may be trading in both my 2016 gmc canyon and my 2013 ZL-1. ( downsizing amount of vehicles i own). And picking up the 6th gen 1le. My question however, how do all of you like your 6th gen 1LEs so far? Reliability, quirks etc. this will be my daily driver. Just want to be 100% sure i am doing the right thing in shedding two vehicles i enjoy a lot for one very nice vehicle. Thanks in advance and post away.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:47 AM   #2
Summit1le1ss

Drives: 2017 1ss1le
So far, I love it. I just turned 1600 miles, so now I can actually get on a track now.
This is my DD also and have no issues, it's very tame and comfortable for this.
I traded in my 2015 Mustang GT with Performance pack after driving the 1LE. I wanted something I bit more track focused without spending a lot of time and money upgrading the car from its factory state.I had an additional $2k in the Mustang and I'd say my 1LE in Tour mode , is about the same as the GT in track..With upgraded springs and dampers etc..! Keep in mind Ford didn't offer mag ride or adjustable shocks.
The Recaros are a perfect fit for me, super supportive and extremely comfortable.
The shorter throw shifter is also perfect ( different from reg SS).
I could go on and on... To sum up, I love this car, first Camaro I've owed since my 1984 Z28.(have two other Mustangs currently, 69 Mach1 and 66 GT350) I haven't notice anything I'd call negative other than the lack of storage, but that's a Camaro thing, not a 1LE thing.
No one can say if trading in two cars that you enjoy is the right thing to do, except you. Go drive one and see what you think. I'm not worried about reliability, its a good platform with warranty and I take very good care of my vehicles.
If your like me, after you trade in or sell a car, there is always some remorse. When I feel that way I just jump in the car and hit that start button and all that goes away.
Summit1le1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:07 AM   #3
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
This is how I describe the seats. Cause many people ask if they will fit correctly in them. I fit, I'm 5'10 200lbs. I've had bigger friends that don't fit. The way I see it...if you fit in an airplane seat without being squeezed, you should fit. If your big where you have to watch where you sit, cause some things are just too small for you, than this isn't for you
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:51 AM   #4
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I bought my 1LE in December and have 3200 miles on it. Absolutely love it! No issues fitting and I'm a little plump these days at 6' *cough* 240ish.... It's the best driving and handling car I've ever owned. Only issue I've had is with my paint. A few have had the same issues on this forum but I wouldn't call it wide spread. They're like two inch circles. See picture. Just something to look for.
Attached Images

Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:33 AM   #5
Tucsonas

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Black on Black
did the dealer fix the paint issue? OR are you stuck with it... I need to look over mine again as I noticed something similar but thought it was when the applied simonize to the paint...
Tucsonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
ex-SS-ve

Thanks for the replies. So far after some thought i have decided on a few mods also. Nothing too overboard. Just a 2.9 whipple, rotofab cai and a set of the gm dark taillamps. And possibly a set of michelin 295/315 tires..
Old 03-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #7
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsonas View Post
did the dealer fix the paint issue? OR are you stuck with it... I need to look over mine again as I noticed something similar but thought it was when the applied simonize to the paint...
Not keen on taking it to the dealership so I've got a friend that's going to take care of her. Not that the dealership wouldn't be able to fix her but I trust him more.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #8
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve View Post
Thanks for the replies. So far after some thought i have decided on a few mods also. Nothing too overboard. Just a 2.9 whipple, rotofab cai and a set of the gm dark taillamps. And possibly a set of michelin 295/315 tires..
That's what I'm talking about! We'd be twins! LOL
Old 03-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
ex-SS-ve

The 2 vehicles im giving up and the car im possibly buying. (If the deal is right).
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #10
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
i would get rid of both camaros, get the 6th gen 1le. And keep the truck. But i'm sure that would have been your first choice as well. Maybe the value on your 2010 that is modified is too low? To me, why have two camaros. And if you are going to have two...i would keep the zl1 and drop the 2010 for the 6thgen. But something is making you pick the zl1 and the truck
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #11
ex-SS-ve

Yes that sucks about the paint. Almost look like factory wetsand marks to remove trash from paint but wasnt compounded out correctly.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #12
Joe's_cool_1le

Doh!! We will be exact twins. Nice rides btw! I've got a truck too but not nearly as purdy!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #13
ex-SS-ve

It is simply a payment issue. Trying to go from 2 to 1. 2010 is paid for. I pretty much built it to exactly what i wanted it to be. And love what it has become. Not to mention its paid for. The big problem with the truck is that i just got a company truck so its no longer necessary.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #14
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve View Post
It is simply a payment issue. Trying to go from 2 to 1. 2010 is paid for. I pretty much built it to exactly what i wanted it to be. And love what it has become. Not to mention its paid for. The big problem with the truck is that i just got a company truck so its no longer necessary.
Understood! I would have sold my truck if I didn't need it to pull my fifth wheel. It's been sitting so long I just saw that the inspection sticker was due in Dec (month I bought the Camaro).