#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 04-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #43
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub View Post
Tech, any update on your honest feedback on the sways after you've run with them a bit?
I haven't really pushed my car since installing them. Cold weather and summer only tires don't mix well.

The ride is much firmer and I notice less body roll in turns... But, I'd say that if you don't plan on tracking your car and you like the way it handles now, don't bother replacing them unless you like a firm ride. I've seen no data that says you'll be able to handle X more g's with these installed.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #44
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmb View Post
I just did my own coilovers yesterday. The first of each side might take you 2 hours each - but subsequent ones are closer to an hour. Goes much faster when you know what you're doing.
Yeah 20 minutes is not accurate representation.. for the driveway/garage mechanic. Coilovers are a bit more involved as well because of height adjusting and preloading the rear properly also with coilovers you want to do both fronts at the same time or at least take the wheels off both sides its a PITA because of the endlinks/sway bar.

Good Video either way I spent alot of time figuring things out looking up torque specs etc... I guess if your car is already jacked up the wheels are already off you have all the proper tools already out and you are ready to rock on a lift then yes 20-30 minutes might be a bit more accurate.

Also one things these videos never talk about is re-clocking the bushings. After you lower your car springs or not and you torque down your bolts once you let the car down and it sits lower those arms are forcing the bushings to twist.. So after all is installed it is recommended you loosen and retorque all the bolts so the bushings can settle properly in the natural stance of the lower springs.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:09 PM   #45
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
I haven't really pushed my car since installing them. Cold weather and summer only tires don't mix well.

The ride is much firmer and I notice less body roll in turns... But, I'd say that if you don't plan on tracking your car and you like the way it handles now, don't bother replacing them unless you like a firm ride. I've seen no data that says you'll be able to handle X more g's with these installed.
so you recommend doing the front on ramps and the rears on jack stands? or can you do the rear on ramps, too?

and how long did the total job take you?
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #46
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmb View Post
so you recommend doing the front on ramps and the rears on jack stands? or can you do the rear on ramps, too?

and how long did the total job take you?
Front ramps only. Rear, I had a floor jack holding the car up from the center with jack stands in place and the car dropped so the jacks just made contact.

I'd say a few hours, without rushing.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote