Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
palmdog

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
JRE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I have a story that needs to be told about Ted and his customer service at JRE, that everyone on this site needs to read...It started with purchasing basically his streetbrawler package components but due to money concerns I had to break up the individual parts as money was saved up..First to come was the tuner and and headers with high flow cats.. I had a heck of time trying to install the SCT software in my computer. Thats where his IT guru (Nick) picked up the challenge of fixing my computer via online. I then had a problem installing my first tune sent to me. Again they stepped up (via free tune) and helped that very same day. Next upgrade installed was the maggie supercharger and a fuel pump voltage booster. Ted was at the ready with a (free) tune. After talking to him on the phone, he brought to my attention I needed a smaller pulley and he wanted to tweek my tune some more. JRE had a 3.6 pulley in the mail that same day. So he sent me another tune (free). After driving my camaro to and from work (daily), I was getting annoyed with that popping sound when ever I let off the gas. I called Ted, and within the hour I had a tweek to my tune solving the DFCO problem, again (free). I recently upgraded to a ZR1 3 bar maf sensor and plugs. After installing them Ted again was there with a tune (free). All I can say with this latest tune is AWESOME! the car was noticeably smooth in all aspects, sound, shifting when tranny is cold (no herky jerky), and throttle response. This time he asked me to perform a datalog (road test/tuning) on my camaro. I didn't have the livewire software on my laptop and thats when Nick (IT GURU Goto guy) had one emailed to my in literally minutes. I had problems with setting up the datalogging process, so thats when I was directed to watch Nick's UTUBE video walking me through every step. I performed the requested 4500 rpm and 5500 rpm road tests and sent them off to Ted. Now, I had just put on 4 SCARALLO rims and tires that had new TPMS (tire pressure monitors) installed. I called Kris (parts guru) and asked by some chance did he have any idea why my car wouldn't recognize these news rims and tires. I then walked away form my laptop for 15 minutes, only to come back and see a Version 4 tune from TED (free). He had tweeked my maf sensor a bit after reviewing my results from my first data logging run.. Keep in mind, I datalogged and sent the info to Ted that morning. After downloaded my new V4 tune, I noticed he fixed my tire sensor problem... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! JRE has a customer 4 life!!!!!!! If there is anyone on this site that is on the fence on upgrades to their ride.. If you want a support team (tech help,IT help,info on parts help), JRE will blow your mind!!! Ted,Kris,Nick you guys freakin rock!!!! Service after the sale? Are you kidding me! You guys are practically family.... One last note, He just requested a wide open throttle datalogging session so he can finish the final touches on my camaro,and tweek my tune some more, oh ya did I mention it was FREEEEEEEEEEE!Thanks JRE"A customer for life!"

Last edited by palmdog; 12-23-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: spelling
palmdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Dude you forgot to mention it was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
I've been on the fence about a JRE tune vs. a local shop tune. It's hard to trust someone on the internet that claims to do remote tuning. For all I know he could be selling a canned tune and making a killing. I'd never know the difference and neither would many of the people on this site. Ted could also be a great guy selling a great product. How to know?

However, stories like yours when combined with the fact that I have yet to see a negative review on JRE really has me close to buying an SCT from Ted and seeing how it ends up.

Of course, you could be a marketing plant tasked with the sole purpose of getting the "on the fencers" like me to take the JRE plunge... or maybe I need to take my aluminum foil hat off now.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
So what do you want? A recommendation from someone that has no first hand experience?
Ask me about JRE and I will give a straight answer.
And Yes I am a satisfied JRE customer.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
geaux_tigerss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
So what do you want? A recommendation from someone that has no first hand experience?
Ask me about JRE and I will give a straight answer.
And Yes I am a satisfied JRE customer.
Ok I'll bite. What exactly did he do for you and how did he do?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdog View Post
I have a story that needs to be told about Ted and his customer service at JRE, that everyone on this sight needs to read...It started with purchasing basically his streetbrawler package components but due to money concerns I had to break up the individual parts as money was saved up..First to come was the tuner and and headers with high flow cats.. I had a heck of time trying to install the SCT software in my computer. Thats where his IT guru (Nick) picked up the challenge of fixing my computer via online. I then had a problem installing my first tune sent to me. Again they stepped up (via free tune) and helped that very same day. Next upgrade installed was the maggie supercharger and a fuel pump voltage booster. Ted was at the ready with a (free) tune. After talking to him on the phone, he brought to my attention I needed a smaller pulley and he wanted to tweek my tune some more. JRE had a 3.6 pulley in the mail that same day. So he sent me another tune (free). After driving my camaro to and from work (daily), I was getting annoyed with that popping sound when ever I let off the gas. I called Ted, and within the hour I had a tweek to my tune solving the DFCO problem, again (free). I recently upgraded to a ZR1 3 bar maf sensor and plugs. After installing them Ted again was there with a tune (free). All I can say with this latest tune is AWESOME! the car was noticeably smooth in all aspects, sound, shifting when tranny is cold (no herky jerky), and throttle response. This time he asked me to perform a datalog (road test/tuning) on my camaro. I didn't have the livewire software on my laptop and thats when Nick (IT GURU Goto guy) had one emailed to my in literally minutes. I had problems with setting up the datalogging process, so thats when I was directed to watch Nick's UTUBE video walking me through every step. I performed the requested 4500 rpm and 5500 rpm road tests and sent them off to Ted. Now, I had just put on 4 SCARALLO rims and tires that had new TPMS (tire pressure monitors) installed. I called Kris (parts guru) and asked by some chance did he have any idea why my car wouldn't recognize these news rims and tires. I then walked away form my laptop for 15 minutes, only to come back and see a Version 4 tune from TED (free). He had tweeked my maf sensor a bit after reviewing my results from my first data logging run.. Keep in mind, I datalogged and sent the info to Ted that morning. After downloaded my new V4 tune, I noticed he fixed my tire sensor problem... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! JRE has a customer 4 life!!!!!!! If there is anyone on this site that is on the fence on upgrades to their ride.. If you want a support team (tech help,IT help,info on parts help), JRE will blow your mind!!! Ted,Kris,Nick you guys freakin rock!!!! Service after the sale? Are you kidding me! You guys are practically family.... One last note, He just requested a wide open throttle datalogging session so he can finish the final touches on my camaro,and tweek my tune some more, oh ya did I mention it was FREEEEEEEEEEE!Thanks JRE"A customer for life!"
WOW!!! It is Stories Like this that keep My Self and My Team a Well Oiled machine Striving for Excellence above and beyond the call of Duty.

Thank you Very Much.

Happy Holidays, Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux_tigerss View Post
I've been on the fence about a JRE tune vs. a local shop tune. It's hard to trust someone on the internet that claims to do remote tuning. For all I know he could be selling a canned tune and making a killing. I'd never know the difference and neither would many of the people on this site. Ted could also be a great guy selling a great product. How to know?

However, stories like yours when combined with the fact that I have yet to see a negative review on JRE really has me close to buying an SCT from Ted and seeing how it ends up.

Of course, you could be a marketing plant tasked with the sole purpose of getting the "on the fencers" like me to take the JRE plunge... or maybe I need to take my aluminum foil hat off now.
I hope to Earn Your business.

I am in an industry were Profit margins are in the toilet and the parts we sell for the most part can be bought anywhere in some cases for less money.

So How do I keep my Profit margins and sell product?

Customer Service Like No Other, Experience, Quality, and Education to my customers on what works and what does not.

Making a Killing is not in my vocabulary, I don't even know what that i like, guess I have to start selling Jewelry or Drugs to Know what that is Like

Plus how do you make a Killing on something that is FREE

Custom tuning is What I do, There are No Such thing as a Canned tune that will work with anything other than a completely stock car, Change a Part you need a custom tune simple as that.

Buy the Parts from me Tune updates for those parts are FREE Via SCT X3 and Email

Thank you For Considering JRE

If there are any questions, Feel Free to call or email me directly, I always Answer the Phone or Call back as soon as I get off the Dyno.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux_tigerss View Post

Take a quick tour of this site and you will notice that people will not hesitate to complain/whine, often about the silliest things.

If you haven't seen a bad review on JRE, that's probably not by accident.
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
geaux_tigerss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
Take a quick tour of this site and you will notice that people will not hesitate to complain/whine, often about the silliest things.

If you haven't seen a bad review on JRE, that's probably not by accident.
This is very true. Even with the best guys I still can find a few bad posts. I'm looking at LMR in Houston for a shop tune (should I go that route). Those guys have an awesome local reputation here, but I've found a few horror stories about them on this site.

I've seen nothing but praise for JRE, and if I do a remote tune, it will definitely be through them (or him as the case may be).
Old 12-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
moved to the vendor feedback section
Old 12-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
geaux_tigerss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I hope to Earn Your business.

I am in an industry were Profit margins are in the toilet and the parts we sell for the most part can be bought anywhere in some cases for less money.

So How do I keep my Profit margins and sell product?

Customer Service Like No Other, Experience, Quality, and Education to my customers on what works and what does not.

Making a Killing is not in my vocabulary, I don't even know what that i like, guess I have to start selling Jewelry or Drugs to Know what that is Like

Plus how do you make a Killing on something that is FREE

Custom tuning is What I do, There are No Such thing as a Canned tune that will work with anything other than a completely stock car, Change a Part you need a custom tune simple as that.

Buy the Parts from me Tune updates for those parts are FREE Via SCT X3 and Email

Thank you For Considering JRE

If there are any questions, Feel Free to call or email me directly, I always Answer the Phone or Call back as soon as I get off the Dyno.

Ted.
I don't doubt the margins are crap and word of mouth is paramount. It's a specialty business with lots of competition and a small market. I'd stay out of the drug trade if I was you, though. Sure the margins are great, but I wouldn't want to take the chance of ending up with a cellmate larger than me .

Should I go the remote tuning route, I'll be buying that SCT from you next month. I'm ready to see the end of that CEL!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
good thing i don't live close to JRE,i would have to take out a 2nd mortage on my home.i would have them putting new stuff on my car constantly.have never heard a bad word about jannetty.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #13
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
+1 for Ted and the Jannetty crew. Fast and excellent customer service. Also nice to get those little tidbits like the correct oil, oil level, and inspection tips when you start getting into stuff in like cams and headers.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Has nothing to do with the free tune, I chose JRE mainly because of this forum. Closer shops than JRE, yep. Walking distance, just about.
I dropped my car off in June for, lets say "upgrades". I assumed I'd drop the car and run, in and out...no. I got a tour of the whole facility from Ted himself, an explanation of what he does and how long he's been doing it, a short story about the cars he had in the shop that day (some impressive vehicles).
That's called taking pride in what one does, didn't cost me a dime but I'm sure Ted had better things to do (ON A SATURDAY).
That's why people write about JRE.
Thanks again.
Bob
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote