Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #57
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I understand the OP's frustration in a way. You pay for the top model and you don't want an LT guy driving around looking the same as you for a lot less money. The only thing is though, you do have the real deal and all the goodies behind that front end to make it earn the ZL1 name. So just be happy in knowing that your not an impostor.

You know, one can not purchase supersnake shelby parts without proof that they own a supersnake. They also cost a lot more than a ZL1 too.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #58
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Do I get a pass with swapping out my facia since I have a ZL even though its a ZL600 vs ZL1.
;-)

A huge benefit to me by swapping - since I track my car - is now having brake ducts. i couldnt for the life of me find brake ducts for my car. Also the added downforce is most helpful. So I now have all that and the great aggressive styling.

It's all done with

Last edited by Tribute; 01-27-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #59
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Do I get a pass with swapping out my facia since I have a ZL even though its a ZL600 vs ZL1.
;-)

A huge benefit to me by swapping - since I track my car - is now having brake ducts. i couldnt for the life of me find brake ducts for my car. Also the added downforce is most helpful. So I now have all that and the great aggressive styling.

It's all done with

Yep your cool with me!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #60
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I think the Corvette could be used as an example as it doesn't have different body components as you change from the base to the ZR1 except for GFX, wheels and spoilers.
Not necessarily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I know when I see a Corvette, I'm trying to distinguish what gen 1st and then look for the badges and added styling cues (from the factory) to see what trim level it is from there.
Just as the front bumpers vary by trim level for the Camaro, the front fenders vary by trim level for the Corvette. The fenders are a body component like a bumper or hood, but I don't think it is as cheap, easy, and practical to swap out 2 fenders as it is to swap out 1 bumper.

Grand Sport

Z06

ZR1
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #61
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
Not necessarily...

Just as the front bumpers vary by trim level for the Camaro, the front fenders vary by trim level for the Corvette. The fenders are a body component like a bumper or hood, but I don't think it is as cheap, easy, and practical to swap out 2 fenders as it is to swap out 1 bumper.

Grand Sport

Z06

ZR1

Plus they seem to get a lot smaller when you go 'up' in trim levels.

Sorry, I could not resist.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #62
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
I personally think it's as bad as upbadging. When v6 owners throw on a ZL1 hood and bumper
I think it's tacky
Old 01-28-2013, 02:28 AM   #63
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
I personally think it's as bad as upbadging. When v6 owners throw on a ZL1 hood and bumper
I think it's tacky
I would agree with you, except the parts are functional. The front bumper has brake ducts, and the hood extracts heat. IMO, that's no different from someone buying an aftermarket hood or bumper. You guys need to let it go, cause we've been through all of this when people were putting SS bumpers on the V6's back in 2009. Real Camaro fans will know the difference, and the rest can't tell if you're driving a Camaro or a Mustang.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 AM   #64
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
Not necessarily...

Oh, good point. I didn't think of that. So, do you know if vette owners go about swapping fenders because of the styling/or advantage of doing so?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #65
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
I think it's tacky
The people that do this are the ones that want to make their car to what they can create by what's available to do so. Though it might seem tacky to some of us, to them they are enhancing the car. It doesn't add value to the car but it gives them personal satisfaction, helps them to feel more connected to the car. Just my honest opinion.

I think most people are misinterpreting what the OP would like for GM to achieve is that he would like for GM to come out with a design that we don't have to shell out more money to make it look/operate right. ...right now that new Corvette's lookin' mighty fine, just got to get the wallet to agree.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #66
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Man what a dumb thread.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #67
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I would agree with you, except the parts are functional. The front bumper has brake ducts, and the hood extracts heat. IMO, that's no different from someone buying an aftermarket hood or bumper. You guys need to let it go, cause we've been through all of this when people were putting SS bumpers on the V6's back in 2009. Real Camaro fans will know the difference, and the rest can't tell if you're driving a Camaro or a Mustang.
I hope they aren't taking their LTs to the track on their stock brakes/pads. All I'm saying is it waters down the brand. There's a thread in the general section of a guy telling a camaro owner at a gas station about his special edition lt/zl1/rs...
Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #68
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
You have to be kidding me. There is nothing exclusive about a 50k car. You want to be the only show in town buy a ENZO,VEYRON etc.

To ask for "exclusive" from a mass produced car that you can order replacement parts for from pep boys is
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #69
DandDC09