Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #225
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Measurements of a bad pulley shaft

All boxed ready to go. P3gauge should be inbound. Die Camaro on breakfast bar waiting for strips and silver wheels. Beer open....I'm just WAY TOO busy...LOL

Black material all in pressure side of case, heavy in spots. Coupler material or engine oil threw PCV?? I don't have the catch can, maybe I need one.
Upside, nothing in intake ports. Highest amount on screws.

Shaft for pulley (wobbling pulley) is way to funny. Mount surface is .015 out top to bottom.(thats the wobble front to back) Now, make that bigger with the pulley.
Run-out was .011, thats the up and down.

BUT, The end play was .001, and NO detectable excessive gear lash.
Attached Images

2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:19 PM   #226
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Haha! I'm really racking them up with gains like 4hp. I was more looking for a smoother throttle and changing some of the cold and warm start specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
Chevy71, 4 more ponies??, when are you going to stop....lol.
Gotta box my SC today, send it back. One step forward, two steps back.
Maybe have to think about snow tires and chains if I what to put some miles on it this year...LOL
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #227
Chevy71

That is it, that's his personal car too. I think it was first LT video, I believe he has a CTS-V, so it would be an LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
Is Weapon X then where that first Whipple vid on youtube came from that was in the Caddy? If I remember that vid right guy says "First LT1 Whipple..." real short vid next to nothing no real revs.

Gluck Brett! That is some shady practice them guys were providing.
SW long tube headers
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Old 07-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #228
Chevy71

Quote:
All boxed ready to go. P3gauge should be inbound. Die Camaro on breakfast bar waiting for strips and silver wheels. Beer open....I'm just WAY TOO busy...LOL

Black material all in pressure side of case, heavy in spots. Coupler material or engine oil threw PCV?? I don't have the catch can, maybe I need one.
Upside, nothing in intake ports. Highest amount on screws.

Shaft for pulley (wobbling pulley) is way to funny. Mount surface is .015 out top to bottom.(thats the wobble front to back) Now, make that bigger with the pulley.
Run-out was .011, thats the up and down.

BUT, The end play was .001, and NO detectable excessive gear lash.
No wonder you had some wobble! Looking at your pictures, I would say that's oil through your system. Put a dab on your finger and lick it.. that will tell ya for sure haha
SW long tube headers
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Old 07-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #229
brettman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
No wonder you had some wobble! Looking at your pictures, I would say that's oil through your system. Put a dab on your finger and lick it.. that will tell ya for sure haha
I'm not sure if its oil or coupler. I smelled, tasted and played with it. If it was oil, you would think that it would be on vacuum side, were line attach from OEM catch can (nothing) Coupler, if there is one, would be right at screws, were the most material is found (clumps on the screws) Then dusted in the case. Whipple is suppose to let me know what they find. I think Mike (whipple) got upset when asked if monkeys machine his parts. (I am NOT politically correct sometimes)
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 07-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #230
brettman

WELL, maybe I been selling Whipple short. BUT, as a lot of you know, this has been the "SCREW BRETT BUILD"...LOL (Rob can do his own...lol) My work is spot on, it has been the other cooks in the kitchen that screwed it up. Anyhow, Whipple jumped on the return shipping (I Emailed, stated ready, Fed-Ex pulled up) P/U was 7-11, will be there 7-14, per tracking....WOW. One day to fix, and I asked Mike to inform me what they found. I know the shaft is junk (wobble).
But My concern is the material found threw-out the pressure side. Is it coupler, engine oil or gear box oil? I don't want to hear from third party, what was wrong.
"I" NEED to correct this, owned 1 year, 2300 miles, enjoyment, to be updated later...LMAO. SO, If shipping is right I should have it 7-21. P3 gauge here tomorrow, I'll install and wire in. Then CK boost, might have an 3.125 pulley to get rid of. Joe has a couple, he bought to BIG...LOL.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 07-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #231
brettman

Since my SC is still out, and my mind is still working.
I got the Mishimoto catch can. PROBLEM: Clamps (included) can be used on large hoses. Crimp clamp are the way to do. BUT, fit small screw clamps will work.
Drain for Maintenance is crazy. So I am installing, threw the OEM plug (metric) a drain. To drain between oil changes.

THEN: the boost. I went with the analog sensor, P3. But have to drill and tap for the barbed fitting. Haven't figured where I'll do that yet. Maybe rear plug (drill tap) All this is 5/32 hose, 10-32 unf)
Attached Images

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 07-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #232
brettman

Well, that was fun. Now I can drain catch can between oil changes, then remove yearly to clean.

SC will be here tomorrow. Whipple did find a problem with the input shaft, hence the wobble. Also stated that could have been some of the noise.

No concrete answer on the black material inside the case. I would like to know if any other Whipple owners, After removing the lid, had black gritty crap in theirs.

On my yearly I do plan on removing lid for inspection
Attached Images

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 07-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #233
Big 3 Racing

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Well, looks like I need to find another Dyno company. Big 3 Racing, Hinckley, Ohio believes they did a great job. $130.00 labor to install 7 plug wires, the 8th one didn't plug it into the coil, GREAT JOB...LOL. The dyno graph (what a joke) I don't believe they ever really saw one. My Camaro has over 1500 ft lbs of TQ, and under 6200rpm. So, for $650.00 I have NO idea of anything. Except, bring it back in with more money, and they'll charge me more. I wasn't going to throw them under the bus till I was told (first was $100.00 to fix it) now its $150.00 an hour. Still have CEL's, will probably be an other couple hours. YES, Great Job...at theft.....lol. Atleast they can do that right.
Wow this is a lot of miscommunication or lack there of. I would like to introduce my self, I have been a member on here since 2014 but have not posted much. My name is Chuck and I own Big 3 Racing here in Hinckley Ohio. We have built some very fast street cars as as fast as 7 sec as well as everyday drivers like Brett's car. The whole process with Brett was very difficult and way harder than it needed to be. I tuned his car personally and it would not make any more power due to the heat. I let it cool down between pulls and intake air temps were getting up to 150 therefore pulling timing which then makes less power. (not unsafe just not conducive to making great power) I told Brett that it is safe to drive and would make more power when it was cooler and offered to put it back on the dyno and that it would make 550 hp or more.

When the car left it had an airbag light as well as an abs light however my scanner would not connect and I even drove the car to another shop to try and get their tool to communicate with those modules but when they wouldn't I recommend that he should take it to the dealer. He stated that he knew people at the dealer and they would take care of it. I said perfect no problem let me know what they say. He later called back and said they couldn't do anything for them. So I took the time and called my mobile guy that writes modules for GM and setup an appointment so that we could try and get the car figured out. (even though it was not my fault).

He then called me back and said that would not be necessary and that he found the problem with the burnt harness (not our doing) I stated that would cause that let me know when your ready to make more power.

At this time he mentioned to me that a spark plug wire was missing and I let him know that I am sorry that happened and that I would take care of it if it still needed put back on. He then stated that he took care of it and it was not a big deal and I assured him that it was not like that on the dyno or during my test drive, as it did not have a misfire that whole time.

As for the re tune yes we charged him $650 for the tune and we charged 1 hour to install new wires with boot protectors. He then changed the pulley and needed a retune I told him before he left if he changes anything that requires it to go back on the dyno I charge by the hour and it should only take an hour. He then called to make an appointment after doing the pulley and my service manager stated that it should only be an hour or 2 and we charge 155 an hour. He then decided to yell at my manager for 23 minutes about how i told him $100 and my service manager stated that I probably said 1 hour and after 20 min he finally agreed that it may have been stated one hour not a dollar amount. During this conversation he continued to tell us how he is a 30 year mechanic and an ex marine. My service manager thanked him for his service as a marine but didn't understand why either of those had any relevance to the situation.

A week later he rights a bad review on BBB about how we screwed him over and never called back. I was on vacation that week and returned Monday to find the review and when I tried calling him there was no answer and no return call. I then do a little research and find this slander and build thread. Seeing that he was beating on the car before a tune of any sort was installed I am amazed that it did not blow up before I even got to see it. If there is no engine damage done at this point I am still surprised and that may be a reason for so much oil in the blower and lack of power do to blow by.

During the time we had the car he rides his 3 wheeled motorcycle into our shop area where it clearly states employees only with the radio blaring. This was truly surprising to me as a 30 yr mechanic you should know not to do this. Keep in mind it is our only garage door to our 15000 sqft facility, and our customer entrance is clearly marked and has to be passed by to enter
the door that he drove in. Every conversation myself or any of my people had with him was very hostile and very confusing as he would not listen. I encourage you to do your research to see what we do and what we have done before drawing any conclusions from this guy.
Big 3 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #234
brettman

I finally had time to really read this fairy tale above. Earlier, I just skimmed through it, wasn't really concerned with the lies posted by "Big 3 Little Piglet Racing"<<< My new name for them....LOL.

Lies from the start "have not posted much" (was his FIRST post)<<Quote from Chuck (Owner< truth,"ONE of the owners)......THIS POST IS FILLED WITH LIES. (and bad grammar)
I had a bad feeling about them from the beginning. I should have taken notice.

Never addressed any issues, (CEL'S, BS dyno report) He did address the raw gas smell in his comment to the BBB. More concerned that I ride a Trike and listen to my radio loud (hearing issue)

I beat my car (should have blow up) and all that blow by (Whipple's report is, PTFE deposits)
I did copy and print their comment (above) to add to the dyno, and other worthless paperwork.
These will be all framed and displayed at every car show and event I attend.

When I was younger, I used to just walk away, and not bother by thieves like them.
But now older, I feel people should be aware, so they don't become victims.

I could go on and on, making reference to Big 3 Little Piglet Racings statement.
But I have more important things to do. They can worry about that, while they're fine tuning their next scam instead of someone car

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Last edited by brettman; 07-22-2017 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:55 AM   #235
brettman

OK, big day today, RE-inspect SC (I hope it's OK) then re-install. Can't start it yet, catch can 45 degree fitting not here. I do have to figure out how I'm going to run my boost hose. I have a real problem drilling holes in a new car firewall...LOL.
I don't see any problem having it all ready (except fitting) to go today. Not really a big job, just time consuming.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 07-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #236
brettman

Fabricated (well, found fittings, drilled for hose barb...lol) Does that count as fabbed? Upside, the port used "IS" below the LH IC (higher then MAP) I believe it will read pretty accurate boost. But then again I'm not an engineer. I don't even know how to drive a train.

On to CK-ing Whipples work, with dial indicators, before I drop the housing on.
Attached Images

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 07-22-2017, 11:01 AM   #237
brettman

WHIPPLE KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK.
Measurements posted. They came threw, hats off. Shipping (2 day back).
Yes, ON- OFF-now back ON. Why am I alway the test monkey...LOL.
The thing is guys, if it WOBBLES, jumps up and down. It will run....for awhile.
Maybe forever...Is it right?? for $7000.00.
Don't get me wrong, they took care of Rob. They took care of me. They are stand-up PPL, unlike what I have deal with.
CHECK your SC, wobble (run out, lash, end play.) crap falls between the cracks. If you say nothing and it comes apart....Your BAD
I'll have better update on mine when I start, and abuse that thing like the 3 pigs think.......WE WE WE all the away to the bank ...I know, I'm bad, I tell the truth....LOL
Attached Images

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Last edited by brettman; 07-22-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #238
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
So glad you are getting closer to tearing up the streets. My car is looking like it's going to hit a pretty good trap speed when i get to the track. I'm going to datalog first and probably dialer in "if it's needed" before I hit the track. But so far it is looking like a solid 10 second car which I like especially being a M6 and using me as the driver mod. And sadly I'm sitting at 261 "just had my physical and going for my pre-operative studies on Monday for my back surgery", so I just need to do a half driver delete mod after surgery and it will look even better. LOL
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote