Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The front grille is too narrow to me. It throws off the whole design.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I like both the rear ends and both sets of tail lights. The overall shape has too much fifth gen in I for my taste with it being a sixth gen. Great job though.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Sorry, I see what you we're trying to do but it doesn't work with your overall design. The side view screams challenger.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Doc,

Impressive work here! I think many people will have a very hard time looking at these basic renderings and getting past some of the "simple" shapes and envisioning what could be. For instance, the headlights/tail lights on 5A and 6A (which happens to be my favorite). Imagine those lights with fancy looking HID/LED features. Look at what GM did with the 14 Vette tails and apply that same type of thing to these tails and you could have something pretty cool.

One thing that stands out in my mind, is the side view. The rendering makes the car look pretty fat/heavy. I think the belt line needs to be lower, and the roof needs to appear higher (not actually be higher) thus making the car look more trim, and lighter.

I have some other thoughts, but pretty hard for me to put them into words lol.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Probably the racing stripes give that impression although the front is a fairly strict interpretation of the 5th gen with a 1969 styled grill in it. Here's another view without the racing stripes and also a view of the RS which doesn't have the wheel well extensions and has the taller 20" wheels.

Does this look less like a Ford?
Attachment 540183
This with the round tail lights is by far my favorite. The one you did with the blue stripes screams mustang. It need regular rally stripes not ones that go all the way from the bottom of the front bumper to the bottom of the rear bumper.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #20
KMPrenger

OK...so I decided to have a little fun with your rendering Doc

1) Changed round fogs to angled ones and made the black housings slightly bigger...I think something angled up there with LEDs would look more modern than round, but don't really have anything against the round.

2) I made the "black" area of the lower front air dam shorter than the outward ends. Gives the front more character...and this is exactly what Chevy has done with the new Vette and the Impala,

3) The shaded areas just below the fogs, I changed the angle from flat to angled

4) Brought in the fender flares at the bottoms to show more tire

5) softened the angles of the hood a bit on the outside so you don't see the hard edges as well.

6) Cut off some of the tire length in the front shot...car just looks to high in originals.

7) Gave the head lights an outlined LED shape that I thought would look good with this design....not too hung up on that though. They could maybe be a tad bigger.

In the rear I wasn't exactly sure what to do. I just felt like there was too much "white space" there, so I though a couple indentions in the body there would look good. Doesn't have to be vents...just something to add character.

Also added more lines to the tail lights.

Lowered the blacked out part between the tail lights for more character.

I don't intend for you to add any of this into your design...these are just my opinions!
Attached Images

Last edited by KMPrenger; 08-03-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #21
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
your skills are great. I can definately see why you disliked the 14.

to me this is more of a Lotus, then a camaro.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
Old 08-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #22
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
5 + 6a = WIN
Old 08-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #23
KMPrenger

OK...so guess I must be bored, cuz I took what I have above and changed the tail lights with some inspiration from this rendering below that I really like a lot. The lower and upper part would be illuminated when the brakes are not applied.

I swear I'm done now! Back to you DOC.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #24
HuJass

Drives: GM
Something's up with the profile.
Like the proportions between the greenhouse and rest of the car are off.
It looks like the greenhouse is too small for the rest of the car.

Great skills, but you need to push the design more. It looks too much like a 5th gen. Like you just put a new nose & tail on the existing car.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
Old 08-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #25
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
This I like!!!

Old 08-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I moved the headlights outward a bit and removed the racing stripes so there's less visual distraction. Does this look more like what you were thinking?
Attachment 540180
The back of this one looks too mustang like. It needs more "Camaro" and less Mustang.
Maybe the front of this with the rear with the round tail lights would be better.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #27
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
OK...so I decided to have a little fun with your rendering Doc

1) Changed round fogs to angled ones and made the black housings slightly bigger...I think something angled up there with LEDs would look more modern than round, but don't really have anything against the round.

2) I made the "black" area of the lower front air dam shorter than the outward ends. Gives the front more character...and this is exactly what Chevy has done with the new Vette and the Impala,

3) The shaded areas just below the fogs, I changed the angle from flat to angled

4) Brought in the fender flares at the bottoms to show more tire

5) softened the angles of the hood a bit on the outside so you don't see the hard edges as well.

6) Cut off some of the tire length in the front shot...car just looks to high in originals.

7) Gave the head lights an outlined LED shape that I thought would look good with this design....not too hung up on that though. They could maybe be a tad bigger.

In the rear I wasn't exactly sure what to do. I just felt like there was too much "white space" there, so I though a couple indentions in the body there would look good. Doesn't have to be vents...just something to add character.

Also added more lines to the tail lights.

Lowered the blacked out part between the tail lights for more character.

I don't intend for you to add any of this into your design...these are just my opinions!
I really like what you did with the lower front fog lights. The thing I'm hearing with everyone's reaction is they don't really want a conservative evolution of the 5th gen design; they want a revolutionary 6th gen. This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. I'm going back to the drawing board and work on a more advanced design. The challenge will be to not make it look like a Lambo or some other exotic car. This is easy to fall into if you start going with low-profile wedge-type designs.

All kinds of radical, futuristic designs can be drawn but you still have to keep in mind that an engine, interior and people have to fit inside the shape. And the Camaro has to be a 4 seater otherwise you have a Vette.

KM I really appreciate your positive feedback and efforts, that's exactly the type of response I was hoping would happen. Everyone... keep the ideas/feedback going and let me know what kind of feel you want the 6th gen to have; what kind of "look" are you looking for.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #28
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
This I like!!!

I am speechless on that rendering, this is an amazing look. I can't wait to see the what the next camaro will look like, I love my 1LE so much that I am already planning on adding the new version of it too......... I got problems....

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation