Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 11-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #141
Speedofsound
Banned

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Obviously clueless
Old 11-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #142
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
What exactly are you confused about? I think my statement was obvious.
LOL, he is new here. Give him time.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #143
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
@BlaqWhole , they are talking about you over on M6G, lol. Job well done.

There are several videos of the car up, but no performance testing by any major magazines. Several changes in the interior, the start up button is different, new leather on steering rim and digital dash. Acceleration wise it is caught up on the auto, haven't seen anything on the manual. What is the deal with Michelin tires, why do people make them seem like a game changer?

Anyway nice car, seems like it's still intended to be a GT car but moving closer to sporty side of spectrum. So if I was in the market for a Mustang, I would cross shop with Camaro. Mustang looks sleeker and more like a DD, while Camaro can look too sporty or aggressive for some people. So that will influence peoples decisions. Me personally would not daily drive any of the three muscle cars, gas is horrible and ride/tires respond awfully to cold weather. Even if I could swap with all season or winter tires I still prefer not to.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #144
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
Ok. Back on topic then. Sensitive fella I see. Lol
Dude you come onto a camaro forum, try to bash the camaro and promote a competitor and wonder why the camaro owners are not big fans of that? Are you dense? And BlaqWhole has been just spitting facts and because you know you are on the losing side of the argument, you accuse him of being mad. Take a debate class because this is pathetic.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #145
Speedofsound
Banned

Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Where have I bashed a camaro?? Please point me to the comment. I'm a big fan 6gen. From the few comments I've read he just seems like the kinda "car guy" you don't want to hang out with. That's all, I'm not talking bad about him just giving my opinion, maybe he's a great guy outside the forums. So please don't throw blanket statements like that, if you mistakenly confused me with someone else fine just don't say stuff that isn't true.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #146
FATTEMUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Seriously

Huge compared to the 1.5L blower strapped to the 3.8L supercoupe, or any variety of 3.8L chevy engine? Come one now, you can’t be serious here, it’s EXACTLY the same ratio used. 1.8/4.6= 0.39 compared to 1.5/3.8=0.39

GT350 has no blower…and no-one uses that argument. The 03-04 cobra killed it because it was fast as hell (for the time) and was easily upgradeable. We all could be so lucky as to have the amount of residual value as the 03-04 cobra on our vehicles. And the fact that Ford has used blowers on their cars in no way diminishes their performance….else you would have to do the same to the ZL1. It’s a total BS argument. Horsepower is Horsepower.
No one uses that arguement? Have you read the comments on any ZL1 vs GT350 comparison ever? Some how the Ford engineers are better because they didnt need a blower in the GT350. In any race between either its always, "If the GT350 had a blower then see what would happen." If the LT had DOHC then see what would happen. A DOHC LS made over 700hp N/A and if you strap a blower to that it would end the world. I have no problems with Mustangs and would love to own a Eleanor Mustang, a Terminator Cobra and a S197 5.8 GT500. I do have a problem with Mustang fanboys who say that it is the best and the end all be all of cars. Just take the L and accept it. We Chevy guys did with the most of the 5th gen....
Old 11-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #147
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
What exactly are you confused about? I think my statement was obvious.
Still sticking with the...."If it didn't happen in magazine land then it wasn't stock" narrative then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
No one uses that arguement? Have you read the comments on any ZL1 vs GT350 comparison ever? Some how the Ford engineers are better because they didnt need a blower in the GT350. In any race between either its always, "If the GT350 had a blower then see what would happen." If the LT had DOHC then see what would happen. A DOHC LS made over 700hp N/A and if you strap a blower to that it would end the world. I have no problems with Mustangs and would love to own a Eleanor Mustang, a Terminator Cobra and a S197 5.8 GT500. I do have a problem with Mustang fanboys who say that it is the best and the end all be all of cars. Just take the L and accept it. We Chevy guys did with the most of the 5th gen....
I did, and I really didn't see what you're referring to. Most argued that they were in a different class (supercharged vs NA). The only ones I saw ripping on vehicles were the camaro guys.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #148
FATTEMUNK

Quote:
Still sticking with the...."If it didn't happen in magazine land then it wasn't stock" narrative then?

I did, and I really didn't see what you're referring to. Most argued that they were in a different class (supercharged vs NA). The only ones I saw ripping on vehicles were the camaro guys.
? He's just saying wait for more sources to do the test aswell. Don't just take one source's hero run. They conveniently left out how many runs they did before posting that run. That wasn't the first pull. Also Camaro guys were fine with the GT350 because the SS 1LE is on par with it's performance for alot less. What they weren't happy with was that the ZL1 was faster and better in every regard to the GT350 and the two clowns on motortrend picked it for " feeling." Not an objective comparison. Objectively Chevy is bashing Ford on every playing field and it won't change with the new ZR1. It will smash the GT for less money. Mark my words.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #149
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
You can't see how they catch up, but this thread shows they have already caught up (in acceleration)?

A bit confused here by what you're trying to say.
There is always an asterisk with Ford. In this case *
*requires A10 transmission, level 1 performance package, 300A package, Michelin Pilot Sport tires, drag racing mode
A 1SS A8 will just do it

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #150
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Obviously clueless
Well that sounds more like it's your problem. I can't help you with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
LOL, he is new here. Give him time.
LOL!! I'll try to be patient with him and talk a little slower so he can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
LOL, it isn't the first time.

Quote:
Dude you come onto a camaro forum, try to bash the camaro and promote a competitor and wonder why the camaro owners are not big fans of that? Are you dense? And BlaqWhole has been just spitting facts and because you know you are on the losing side of the argument, you accuse him of being mad. Take a debate class because this is pathetic.

Well said!!

Quote:
Where have I bashed a camaro?? Please point me to the comment. I'm a big fan 6gen. From the few comments I've read he just seems like the kinda "car guy" you don't want to hang out with. That's all, I'm not talking bad about him just giving my opinion, maybe he's a great guy outside the forums. So please don't throw blanket statements like that, if you mistakenly confused me with someone else fine just don't say stuff that isn't true.
No, I'm the kind of car guy who says exactly what he wants to say. In this entire debate, I said the GT and only the GT was pathetic from 94-2010. It was. The performance was non-existent compared to the competition and in many cases it was slower than the competition's NA V6 sports cars. I said the 11-14 GTs were respectable. And I said the 15-17 GTs was crap. They were. They have a huge list of issues including the GT350. They were much much slower than the 6th Gen SS. And the entire car has to be modded. Nothing I said was untrue. I even posted a multitude of links showing the issues the S550 has. And we all know about the GT350 recall. You simply didn't like reading the negative things I had to say about the GT. And you come on here, like fattenmunk says, and you expect a Camaro forum to speak nicely about the Mustang and have respect for it when it took years for it to do what the Camaro SS has been doing? You really are a special kind.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 11-09-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #151
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well that depends. What are you comparing LMR's run to?

Quote:
? He's just saying wait for more sources to do the test aswell. Don't just take one source's hero run. They conveniently left out how many runs they did before posting that run. That wasn't the first pull.
Mustang guys will only read and understand what they want to understand. And they have a difficult time keeping up with the flow of a conversation. I had explained that to both of these guys several times and they still don't understand...or don't want to understand...or pretend like they don't understand.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #152
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post

There are several videos of the car up, but no performance testing by any major magazines. Several changes in the interior, the start up button is different, new leather on steering rim and digital dash. Acceleration wise it is caught up on the auto, haven't seen anything on the manual. What is the deal with Michelin tires, why do people make them seem like a game changer?

Anyway nice car, seems like it's still intended to be a GT car but moving closer to sporty side of spectrum. So if I was in the market for a Mustang, I would cross shop with Camaro. Mustang looks sleeker and more like a DD, while Camaro can look too sporty or aggressive for some people. So that will influence peoples decisions. Me personally would not daily drive any of the three muscle cars, gas is horrible and ride/tires respond awfully to cold weather. Even if I could swap with all season or winter tires I still prefer not to.
I think the Michelins are definitely an upgrade over the Pirellis they came with during the 15-17 MYs. I do think that along with the other changes they'll aid quite a bit. To be honest, DDing any of these three cars is not that bad. They tires perform rather well in cold temps as long as you don't abuse them. I would not drive in the snow but rain is fine. I drove both my cars the other day in the rain and it was about 40 degrees out and they held up fine.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #153
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
The thread here and the one over on M6G read like people making passive-aggressive Facebook comments about each other.

Sometimes people get so caught up in trying to be better, that they forget that it's nice to have a rival. It makes you both stronger.

--- "A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends."
Old 11-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #154
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Mustang guys will only read and understand what they want to understand. And they have a difficult time keeping up with the flow of a conversation. I had explained that to both of these guys several times and they still don't understand...or don't want to understand...or pretend like they don't understand.
Its been hard being a Mustang guy this generation. You can tell by how tightly they're clinging to LMR's hero run. Taking lumps from a completely stock Camaro has to hurt, and that is Fords fault.

They so badly need a performer to show up, thought it was the GT350, but that thing is a total mechanical liability. You don't know if its gonna die on the road or catch on fire, likely both. HAHA...I kid there, but seriously you have to be out of your mind to buy that car or have a VERY healthy risk appetite, or just have no idea what your are getting yourself in to.

Now, they come over here, with accounts as new as LMR's hero run looking for some sort of warm welcome. We all know they are trolling, the timing itself speaks to that. Coincidence? Heck Nah.

Still, as annoying as the trolling is, at least there is a reason to talk stock v stock Camaro v Mustang again.

Closed Thread